or Connect
Mothering › Groups › April 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › January Chat Thread

January Chat Thread - Page 13

post #241 of 339
Oh, another thing....I don't believe we've seen much of this one mentioned...PREGNANCY BRAIN! Is anyone else suffering? It's been TOTALLY noticeable to me lately. It's almost like I'm living in a daze sometimes...I tend to catch myself most at places like store checkouts, where I seem so far "gone" (we're talking FAR beyond normal distraction with kiddos or something...because I'm usually doing that too! LOL) that I must look like a nut!
post #242 of 339

Cananny: I was just wondering why does the c-section get scheduled for 34weeks? Is that considered term for triplets? What happens if it is earlier or later?

 

AFM: We have been fostering a newborn, and I have found it a bit tiring to be 6 months pregnant and up a lot of the night with a newborn. I understand why children are a minimum of 9 months apart!  But I am feeling more confident that I will adjust to the night-time routine again when our baby arrives. 

post #243 of 339
Thread Starter 

I'm so sleepy today. Not sure why. Maybe it's just because I'm approaching the third trimester.

 

I dyed some clothes today (mostly for Teddy and DD, but a shirt for me too). I was just too wiped afterward to finish cleaning up. 

post #244 of 339

I'm so frustrated right now. Still battling with the stupid sinus infection, then had to go out to pick DS up from school. (Which aggravates my asthma.) I got back and DS insisted he was hungry, so I let him have a cookie and some fruit snacks. Then he decided he wanted the barbecue chicken I'm planning to make for dinner right *now*. I told him it was for dinner, and he started fussing. I told him he could pick something else for now, or he could wait for dinner, and he kept saying he wanted the chicken, so I told him to wait for dinner. Then DF was like, "You could go to the store and get some barbecue chicken." Like that was what I want to do when I feel like I've been punched in the face and it's going to explode. Go *back* out into the cold, fight with my asthma, and get some chicken. Of course once DS heard him, he was like "Go to store mama! Go to store! Ba ba coo chicken!" and once he gets his mind on something, and someone has expressed that there is a chance it could happen, if it doesn't happen, he pitches fit, which I also didn't want to deal with, because I'm already have such headache. I said I didn't want to, but DF said more stuff about it (of course...) so I ended up having to go *back* out in the cold, and buy some chicken.

post #245 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcneal View Post

I'm so frustrated right now. Still battling with the stupid sinus infection, then had to go out to pick DS up from school. (Which aggravates my asthma.) I got back and DS insisted he was hungry, so I let him have a cookie and some fruit snacks. Then he decided he wanted the barbecue chicken I'm planning to make for dinner right *now*. I told him it was for dinner, and he started fussing. I told him he could pick something else for now, or he could wait for dinner, and he kept saying he wanted the chicken, so I told him to wait for dinner. Then DF was like, "You could go to the store and get some barbecue chicken." Like that was what I want to do when I feel like I've been punched in the face and it's going to explode. Go *back* out into the cold, fight with my asthma, and get some chicken. Of course once DS heard him, he was like "Go to store mama! Go to store! Ba ba coo chicken!" and once he gets his mind on something, and someone has expressed that there is a chance it could happen, if it doesn't happen, he pitches fit, which I also didn't want to deal with, because I'm already have such headache. I said I didn't want to, but DF said more stuff about it (of course...) so I ended up having to go *back* out in the cold, and buy some chicken.

That sounds really miserable.  I was actually recently in the same boat, so I just enforced a really strict meal policy... we'll see how long I can go without caving! They're 3 and 5, so close to your boy.  just made it very clear that there are 3 meals a day and 1 afternoon snack; if they have a problem with that, they are in their room with the door shut.  and I'm FINALLY making my kids eat what dh and I eat... I'm so sick of cooking separate menus for everyone!

I had a sinus infection too for 3 weeks; finally caved and took the z-pack.  I'm sure it's not the greatest, but weighing my options, I had 2 kids I couldn't care for for several weeks, and dh was hospitalized and then recovering at home, completely helpless, so it was either drugs or family falls apart!

post #246 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver's Mama View Post

That sounds really miserable.  I was actually recently in the same boat, so I just enforced a really strict meal policy... we'll see how long I can go without caving! They're 3 and 5, so close to your boy.  just made it very clear that there are 3 meals a day and 1 afternoon snack; if they have a problem with that, they are in their room with the door shut.  and I'm FINALLY making my kids eat what dh and I eat... I'm so sick of cooking separate menus for everyone!

I had a sinus infection too for 3 weeks; finally caved and took the z-pack.  I'm sure it's not the greatest, but weighing my options, I had 2 kids I couldn't care for for several weeks, and dh was hospitalized and then recovering at home, completely helpless, so it was either drugs or family falls apart!

 

I'm thinking about going to doctor and getting some medicine, too. I've tried nasal rinse stuff, saline nasal spray, tylenol for the pain, steam, hot cloths, nothing is helping. I'm just not sure where to go, because it doesn't feel ER worthy, but I am in between care providers right now.

post #247 of 339

Frustration! I had an appt with the thyroid dr today and, once again, my bp was high. Higher even than it is with my OB and certainly higher than it is when I'm testing at home. So now I get to do a 24 hour urine collection and I'm so not thrilled about it. 

 

I've been instructed to start doing kick counts today as well. He was very specific about making sure I get it each day. Would that have something to do with the thyroid stuff I wonder?

 

I'm a member of a DDC on a blogging website and one of the girls had her baby last week at 26+weeks! Holy moley!! Both mama and baby are fine and baby is thriving so that's good. But man that's so early!

post #248 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIFF4NY View Post

Frustration! I had an appt with the thyroid dr today and, once again, my bp was high. Higher even than it is with my OB and certainly higher than it is when I'm testing at home. So now I get to do a 24 hour urine collection and I'm so not thrilled about it. 

 

I'm a member of a DDC on a blogging website and one of the girls had her baby last week at 26+weeks! Holy moley!! Both mama and baby are fine and baby is thriving so that's good. But man that's so early!

 

Holy cow! That's early! I was just thinking about this earlier today, because for some reason, I've been feeling very different with this pregnancy the last little while, and so I looked up viability, and I was surprised, kind of, at the rates (in a good way). So that's making me feel a little better.

 

I don't know why things are *so* drastically different this time around. Things feel different, I'm more nervous than I was with my other two... I don't know.

 

ETA: I just found a semi-local cloth diaper store online, so I started adding stuff to my "cart" to get when we get tax check. I'm so very excited. Since I could hardly get off the couch yesterday while the kids were at school, I spent most of the day watching videos of how to use/wear babies in different wraps/carries, and how to do different folds and stuff with prefolds, so now I'm not so scared to try prefolds and covers. smile.gif On the one website for the store that's kind of close by, I can get 10 prefolds for 12 something, and from what I've found, that appears to be a pretty good deal. I'm going to have to contact them and see if I can order it on their website, then go to the store and pick it up, or if I will have to have it shipped (The cool thing, they do free delivery, but we live literally about 5 miles too far. So cool, but at the same time, a bummer. orngtongue.gif )

 

What would y'all be comfortable with for a minimal stash? I have two Mabu baby hybrid covers, a package of disposable inserts and a package of 4, I think, reusable inserts, and then a Cutie Baby (I think?) diaper cover with two reusable inserts.

 

In my cart, I have:

 

1 Bummis super whisper wrap, size small

1 BumGenius flip cover

12 diaper service seconds prefolds

1 Bummis whisper pant

and some Snappis

 

I'm thinking that might be enough to at least get an idea of what might work, or what we won't like, but... what do y'all think?


Edited by bmcneal - 1/24/13 at 3:09pm
post #249 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcneal View Post

 

I'm thinking about going to doctor and getting some medicine, too. I've tried nasal rinse stuff, saline nasal spray, tylenol for the pain, steam, hot cloths, nothing is helping. I'm just not sure where to go, because it doesn't feel ER worthy, but I am in between care providers right now.

I was lucky and just had to make a phonecall to my midwife, but you may be able to get that taken care of at one of the little clinics at Walgreens or CVS.. check their website, I think they list what they'll do.   Yeah... I had to spend 6 hours in the ER with dh, 4 hrs of that waiting, and it was so so so so so so so gross.  with all the flu going around, I'd avoid it if you can! They were even handing out masks to the "healthy" people.

post #250 of 339

bmcneal - I"m so sorry for you having to go out - I know the feeling of having to do errands while pregnant and hating it.  Sometimes I think we are unfortunate that we live so far away from a store, but I guess the upside is that we never just sponaneously decide to go pick something up. 

post #251 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1babysmom View Post

Oh, another thing....I don't believe we've seen much of this one mentioned...PREGNANCY BRAIN! Is anyone else suffering? It's been TOTALLY noticeable to me lately. It's almost like I'm living in a daze sometimes...I tend to catch myself most at places like store checkouts, where I seem so far "gone" (we're talking FAR beyond normal distraction with kiddos or something...because I'm usually doing that too! LOL) that I must look like a nut!


Yes. It's awful! I'll be in the middle of something, and completely forget what I was doing. Same thing happens in conversation "Wait, what were we talking about?" It's comical, really.

post #252 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcneal View Post

 

I'm thinking about going to doctor and getting some medicine, too. I've tried nasal rinse stuff, saline nasal spray, tylenol for the pain, steam, hot cloths, nothing is helping. I'm just not sure where to go, because it doesn't feel ER worthy, but I am in between care providers right now.


Just wanted to chime in with something that *might* help...garlic is really good for sinuses/lungs (clears a lot of mucous out) and infections if you can handle taking it! I've even used it for infection as severe as strep throat before and it does wonders. I either swallow the raw cloves whole (if they're small enough), or mince it up and swallow it that way.

 

Anyway. :) I hope you feel better soon!

post #253 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by omphaloskepsis View Post


Just wanted to chime in with something that *might* help...garlic is really good for sinuses/lungs (clears a lot of mucous out) and infections if you can handle taking it! I've even used it for infection as severe as strep throat before and it does wonders. I either swallow the raw cloves whole (if they're small enough), or mince it up and swallow it that way.

 

Anyway. :) I hope you feel better soon!

 

I'll have to try that. Should I get whole garlic and mince it, or would pre-minced garlic work? I only ask because I have pre-minced garlic, but would have to buy whole garlic cloves.

post #254 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by omphaloskepsis View Post


Just wanted to chime in with something that *might* help...garlic is really good for sinuses/lungs (clears a lot of mucous out) and infections if you can handle taking it! I've even used it for infection as severe as strep throat before and it does wonders. I either swallow the raw cloves whole (if they're small enough), or mince it up and swallow it that way.

 

Anyway. :) I hope you feel better soon!


This is how I take garlic, too...I just chop it up into smaller pieces and swallow like pills.  Definitely more effective for me than store-bought garlic, and really seems to have an effect!

 

That said, the horrid, seemingly incurable sinus infections I've ever had during pregnancy have been far nastier than that, too.  I've had a lot of good luck with Afrin (the 12-hr no-drip one), though, thankfully.

post #255 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcneal View Post

 

I'll have to try that. Should I get whole garlic and mince it, or would pre-minced garlic work? I only ask because I have pre-minced garlic, but would have to buy whole garlic cloves.


I would probably go with getting a fresh head of garlic, personally...I'm not sure if pre-minced has anything else mixed with it (preservatives?)?? Whole garlic is the only version I have experience in taking, at any rate.

post #256 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by omphaloskepsis View Post


I would probably go with getting a fresh head of garlic, personally...I'm not sure if pre-minced has anything else mixed with it (preservatives?)?? Whole garlic is the only version I have experience in taking, at any rate.

 

Thank you! I have to go out in the morning, I'll pick some up while I'm out.

post #257 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcneal View Post

 

I'll have to try that. Should I get whole garlic and mince it, or would pre-minced garlic work? I only ask because I have pre-minced garlic, but would have to buy whole garlic cloves.

Whole garlic - less immediate taste and much more potent than the jarred stuff. I use the jar stuff for cooking but for health, whole garlic is the bomb!

post #258 of 339

I've had a couple sinus infections this pregnancy too. I think its attributed to the fact that there's mold & mildew where we are living right now. Lavender oil works great for sinuses - its antibacterial. I put some on my shirt before bed and I can breathe at night! I'll put some on the bottom of my feet too before bed.  Also eating raw onions will help with any congestion. I've heard if you cut the top & bottom off an onion and put it next to your bed while sleeping, it will absorb a lot of the germs that are making you sick. I haven't tried it yet, and it could be an old wives tale, but couldn't hurt. Stop eating dairy while you're sick, as its horrible for sinuses.  

 

I am 27 weeks and we are moving tomorrow. I am exhausted. Between packing, cleaning, organizing, stress, appointments, etc I'm just done. I can't wait until this move is over. I'll mainly be spending my time watching the boys as I can't exactly lift anything. My sister can't watch them until 10:30am or so, and we've got the trailer coming at 9:00am with family helping. So I've got to find a way to entertain them until I can bring them to my sister's house. But so looking forward to moving out of my Dad's house and into our own place!

post #259 of 339

I don't remember ever having third trimester fatigue, but this time around it's knocked me on my butt. I'm as tired lately as I was in the first trimester. Very frustrating. Most evenings I am too tired to do the dishes from dinner and end up having to do them in the morning. That is very unlike me! I hope my energy levels pick up soon!

 

Still waiting for my sick kiddo's to get better. Wish I could get them to swallow some garlic!!!!

post #260 of 339

I haven't had too much "pregnancy brain" this pregnancy. One incident I can remember was I poured water in my cereal instead of milk.  While pregnant with DS2 I left the house multiple times without shoes on!

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › April 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › January Chat Thread