- topicInfertilitytagged by System, 1/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Should I cancel this IVF cycle? Last post on 3/11/14 at 8:25am in Infertility
- HSG Postponed. Fourth Cycle of Attempted Scheduling. Seeking Opinions on Dr's Choices Last post on 3/12/14 at 7:34am in Infertility
- Should I cancel this IVF cycle? Last post on 3/7/14 at 6:27am in Infertility
- Gestational Surrogacy Last post on 3/8/14 at 12:13pm in Infertility
- Progesterone levels in pregnancy Last post on 3/3/14 at 8:30am in Infertility
Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations and Toys - Why Natural...
Last edited: 12/21/13
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...Last edited: 2/7/14
- The Scars Mommy HidesLast edited: 11/18/13
- One Mom's Perspective on Why the New Health Care Reform is VitalLast edited: 12/6/13
- The Things You Should Never, EVER Say to Someone Experiencing...Last edited: 9/6/13
Winter IVF Thread - Page 13post #242 of 6312/4/13 at 6:54pmpost #243 of 6312/4/13 at 6:59pmpost #244 of 6312/5/13 at 5:49amThread Starterpost #245 of 6312/5/13 at 7:57amTracy: I am sure this week will both fly and drag. Fingers crossed!
Guppy: just a few more days for you too! fingers crossed!
AFM: Retrieval went well, back home now resting. So small miracles in that I had five follicles, two of which were runts but they retrieved seven eggs! I was amazed! I was hoping for five and when she said seven I had her repeat it. We will know more tomorrow RE: quality and fertilization.post #246 of 6312/5/13 at 8:27ampost #247 of 6312/5/13 at 10:02ampost #248 of 6312/5/13 at 11:54amYay Nievesstevens! Fingers x'd for good fert!
Wannabemomi - welcome to the 2ww (should be 2www= two week wait & worry!)
AFM -just waiting and working. Luckily classes started and I'm busy busy busy prepping and teaching. Phew. Distractions are good. Exhaustion = bad... Though Sunday I caught up on thus season's Downton abbey - thank goodness for some good TV drama for once!
Monday seems forever away. Like Tracyamber, I'll be one of the first in the office Monday am not that it will make them call me back sooner I'll be teaching class when they call back anyway. lots of breathing and a little meditating (I suck at it, but hey, practice makes something?)post #249 of 6312/5/13 at 12:58pm
Hi ladies... I haven't been here in awhile, I don't know if anybody I know is still posting here! My first IVF cycle resulted in a miscarriage in fall 2011. It's been a long wait but we finally have the money to try again. I start BCP tomorrow and I'll be starting stims on March 1st.
Has anybody ordered meds online? I was going to order them from ivfmeds.com but now I'm feeling nervous about it. I would save $1000, but I am worried they might be inferior quality.post #250 of 6312/5/13 at 2:39pmpost #251 of 6312/6/13 at 7:23amSo my RE just called, it's not looking good. None of the eggs fertilized as of yet. He said there may be a chance of delayed fertilization but with my age and history it's more than likely poor egg quality. It's a odd mix of heartbroken and relieved. At least we have an answer and know not to pursue my eggs. I am open to egg or embryo donation but the costs seem prohibitive. Has anyone used donor eggs or embryos or knows of good resources for researching? We also explored foster to adopt before we started this cycle.post #252 of 6312/6/13 at 7:30am
Laggie- I recognize your name from my following when I was on the IF thread. Exciting to hear you are starting again. I'll continue to follow along and pray for good results!
Deborah- Sad to hear you aren't going to pursue further treatments. I can't imagine the pain of 3 losses especially after all you have been through. We will be around to support you whatever ways we can.
nieves- Did they do ICSI on your eggs? I think RCR has done research on donor eggs/embryos so if she is around she may be your best resource. I know I've heard her mention California Conceptions and a place in NY that are the most affordable.post #253 of 6312/6/13 at 9:10amThread Starterpost #254 of 6312/6/13 at 10:03ampost #255 of 6312/6/13 at 10:15ampost #256 of 6312/6/13 at 2:00pmNieves-- bah. Sorry to hear. I was rooting for them.
Sourire- please please don't post from Jamaica. I don't think I can handle it We're due for 6-12" more snow this weekend. (of course, I'm kidding here...) But do have fun! (I was going to write have a blast -- but given the nature of this forum it seemed wrong... LOL...)
Clearly I'm exhausted and maybe a bit delirious... Definitely punchy. 3hours lab on my feet. It's going to be a long term. I need a rolling stool... Still waiting, wishing...post #257 of 6312/6/13 at 4:58pmpost #258 of 6312/6/13 at 6:12pm
welcome back laggie! hopefully only wonderful things for you this cycle.
guppy and toothfairy, good luck! i'm in nj and we got a prediction of 29.3 inches. TWENTY NINE!! or it may just rain. the weather stations can't decide. lol!
nieves, a good friend of mine used a donor service for eggs and her donor gave her fifty something eggs! she got pregnant with twins on her first transfer. i think it's a nyc based service, but her donor was from somewhere down south so i'm sure it's national. i can get the info if you're interested.
good luck to everyone in the 2ww!!post #259 of 6312/6/13 at 6:37pm
Hi Laggie! I am still here. Not really doing IVF anymore, just staking. We go way back to the BSL thread. Nice to see you again. I never got my baby, but I am working on doign donor embryos at some point. Nice to see you again. I ordered meds online because my insurance would only pay for one pharmacy. They all were fine, I guess (though I am not one to give advice because I never got pregnant).
Nieves - I am so sorry. I am not really on this board any more, so I haven't really followed you. But I was here for like three years, and 4 IVF cycles, (plus two canceled), and a bunch of IUIs, and we never had fertilization. MY heart goes out to you. We are doing donor embryos. Check out California Conceptions and RBA Atlanta for affordable options.post #260 of 6312/6/13 at 6:43pm
Nieves - one more thing. California Conceptions is like $12,000 for a double donor cycle (three tries or your money back if you don't get a take-home baby), and RBA Atlanta is like $15,000 for a donor egg cycle (using DHs sperm), with two guarenteed high quality blasts or they will unthaw more for you. CNY is popular, but more expensive, but you can do a more conventional donor cycle that is shared for a kinda reasonable price. You can also get donor embryos from snowflake if you are interested in doing a homestudy and are the right religion that they ask for (christian I think). We are doing a cycle with my old RE, but also keeping CA Conceptions on hold in case it doesn't work.
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...
- › Due Date Community on Facebook? 13 seconds ago
- › 2 year old with mumps 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese Study: 42 Percent of Drug Reactions Are Vaccine Related 7 minutes ago
- › Birth certificate and proof of pregnancy 18 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Photo Contest Sponsored by Sacred Pregnancy, Nordic... 18 minutes ago
- › Does anyone still hang out here? 21 minutes ago
- › Things I Said I Would NEVER Do..... (Let's see how well that... 22 minutes ago
- › Heartbroken & whole other host of emotions 24 minutes ago
- › Any Baby Arrivals yet? 26 minutes ago
- › Everyone's favorite - and etiquette question. 30 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher