- topicInfertilitytagged by System, 1/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- help with charting please Last post on 12/7/13 at 10:02pm in Infertility
- The Fertility Challenged One Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:55 pm in Infertility
- FET - single injection Lupron day 21 - anyone familiar with this protocol??? Last post on 11/28/13 at 7:19am in Infertility
- TTC number 1 for two years Last post on 11/30/13 at 12:58am in Infertility
- Breastfeeding and Femara for infertility Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:14pm in Infertility
How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...
Last edited: 11/25/13
- The Scars Mommy HidesLast edited: 11/18/13
- One Mom's Perspective on Why the New Health Care Reform is VitalLast edited: 12/6/13
- The Things You Should Never, EVER Say to Someone Experiencing...Last edited: 9/6/13
- My Road Through InfertilityLast edited: 9/3/13
Winter IVF Thread - Page 13post #242 of 6312/4/13 at 6:54pmpost #243 of 6312/4/13 at 6:59pmpost #244 of 6312/5/13 at 5:49amThread Starterpost #245 of 6312/5/13 at 7:57amTracy: I am sure this week will both fly and drag. Fingers crossed!
Guppy: just a few more days for you too! fingers crossed!
AFM: Retrieval went well, back home now resting. So small miracles in that I had five follicles, two of which were runts but they retrieved seven eggs! I was amazed! I was hoping for five and when she said seven I had her repeat it. We will know more tomorrow RE: quality and fertilization.post #246 of 6312/5/13 at 8:27ampost #247 of 6312/5/13 at 10:02ampost #248 of 6312/5/13 at 11:54amYay Nievesstevens! Fingers x'd for good fert!
Wannabemomi - welcome to the 2ww (should be 2www= two week wait & worry!)
AFM -just waiting and working. Luckily classes started and I'm busy busy busy prepping and teaching. Phew. Distractions are good. Exhaustion = bad... Though Sunday I caught up on thus season's Downton abbey - thank goodness for some good TV drama for once!
Monday seems forever away. Like Tracyamber, I'll be one of the first in the office Monday am not that it will make them call me back sooner I'll be teaching class when they call back anyway. lots of breathing and a little meditating (I suck at it, but hey, practice makes something?)post #249 of 6312/5/13 at 12:58pm
Hi ladies... I haven't been here in awhile, I don't know if anybody I know is still posting here! My first IVF cycle resulted in a miscarriage in fall 2011. It's been a long wait but we finally have the money to try again. I start BCP tomorrow and I'll be starting stims on March 1st.
Has anybody ordered meds online? I was going to order them from ivfmeds.com but now I'm feeling nervous about it. I would save $1000, but I am worried they might be inferior quality.post #250 of 6312/5/13 at 2:39pmpost #251 of 6312/6/13 at 7:23amSo my RE just called, it's not looking good. None of the eggs fertilized as of yet. He said there may be a chance of delayed fertilization but with my age and history it's more than likely poor egg quality. It's a odd mix of heartbroken and relieved. At least we have an answer and know not to pursue my eggs. I am open to egg or embryo donation but the costs seem prohibitive. Has anyone used donor eggs or embryos or knows of good resources for researching? We also explored foster to adopt before we started this cycle.post #252 of 6312/6/13 at 7:30am
Laggie- I recognize your name from my following when I was on the IF thread. Exciting to hear you are starting again. I'll continue to follow along and pray for good results!
Deborah- Sad to hear you aren't going to pursue further treatments. I can't imagine the pain of 3 losses especially after all you have been through. We will be around to support you whatever ways we can.
nieves- Did they do ICSI on your eggs? I think RCR has done research on donor eggs/embryos so if she is around she may be your best resource. I know I've heard her mention California Conceptions and a place in NY that are the most affordable.post #253 of 6312/6/13 at 9:10amThread Starterpost #254 of 6312/6/13 at 10:03ampost #255 of 6312/6/13 at 10:15ampost #256 of 6312/6/13 at 2:00pmNieves-- bah. Sorry to hear. I was rooting for them.
Sourire- please please don't post from Jamaica. I don't think I can handle it We're due for 6-12" more snow this weekend. (of course, I'm kidding here...) But do have fun! (I was going to write have a blast -- but given the nature of this forum it seemed wrong... LOL...)
Clearly I'm exhausted and maybe a bit delirious... Definitely punchy. 3hours lab on my feet. It's going to be a long term. I need a rolling stool... Still waiting, wishing...post #257 of 6312/6/13 at 4:58pmpost #258 of 6312/6/13 at 6:12pm
welcome back laggie! hopefully only wonderful things for you this cycle.
guppy and toothfairy, good luck! i'm in nj and we got a prediction of 29.3 inches. TWENTY NINE!! or it may just rain. the weather stations can't decide. lol!
nieves, a good friend of mine used a donor service for eggs and her donor gave her fifty something eggs! she got pregnant with twins on her first transfer. i think it's a nyc based service, but her donor was from somewhere down south so i'm sure it's national. i can get the info if you're interested.
good luck to everyone in the 2ww!!post #259 of 6312/6/13 at 6:37pm
Hi Laggie! I am still here. Not really doing IVF anymore, just staking. We go way back to the BSL thread. Nice to see you again. I never got my baby, but I am working on doign donor embryos at some point. Nice to see you again. I ordered meds online because my insurance would only pay for one pharmacy. They all were fine, I guess (though I am not one to give advice because I never got pregnant).
Nieves - I am so sorry. I am not really on this board any more, so I haven't really followed you. But I was here for like three years, and 4 IVF cycles, (plus two canceled), and a bunch of IUIs, and we never had fertilization. MY heart goes out to you. We are doing donor embryos. Check out California Conceptions and RBA Atlanta for affordable options.post #260 of 6312/6/13 at 6:43pm
Nieves - one more thing. California Conceptions is like $12,000 for a double donor cycle (three tries or your money back if you don't get a take-home baby), and RBA Atlanta is like $15,000 for a donor egg cycle (using DHs sperm), with two guarenteed high quality blasts or they will unthaw more for you. CNY is popular, but more expensive, but you can do a more conventional donor cycle that is shared for a kinda reasonable price. You can also get donor embryos from snowflake if you are interested in doing a homestudy and are the right religion that they ask for (christian I think). We are doing a cycle with my old RE, but also keeping CA Conceptions on hold in case it doesn't work.
- The Scars Mommy Hides
- › Partial Circumcision???? 2 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Help - the smallest nap means a super late bedtime 27 mo 4 minutes ago
- › Names yet? 4 minutes ago
- › I'd like to try Elimination Communication 10 minutes ago
- › We're done and I am in mourning. 10 minutes ago
- › Unwanted Baby Gifts 10 minutes ago
- › I'm really stressing! And needing some advice. 12 minutes ago
- › Toxic Water 15 minutes ago
- › NT Exam - Gender predicted at 12.5 weeks? 15 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo