or Connect
Mothering › Groups › April 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › The Whining Thread

The Whining Thread - Page 6

post #101 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanBean06 View Post

Thank you ladies SO much for the reassurance!! DH & I had a long talk and I had a good cry last night... I'm just full of anxiety... I feel extremely traumatized by all of the drama and scares of this pregnancy... Its very hard for me to accept that things will be ok, or that after seemingly everything (ok not everything but u know what i mean) going so wrong, all the bed rest and being so stressed and on edge the entire pregnancy, accept that our labor and birth could be "normal" I keep obsessing abt all that could go wrong... And also the whole pregnancy (since 16 wks) I've been fighting pre term labor, contractions have caused tension and stress, worry and fear...And now in 8 days I'm supposed to just switch my train of thought and suddenly contractions are a good thing? And instead of tension I should just... "Relax"?!? ugh. I don't know if that's possible, it's like my body is conditioned to be tense when they come... I'm also seriously terrified of the stitch removal! The placing of it was SOOO traumatic and horribly painful and for the removal they just do it in the office! I want it out so bad so I can try to relax a bit... But I'm just so scared...

Anyway thanks for listening to all my whining... I can't wait til it's all over and we are holding our healthy baby... Where's the FF button?

 

Hang in there BB hug2.gif

post #102 of 224

Today has *not* been a good day. Got up and got the kids ready to go pick DF up from work. Stopped to get gas and some "breakfast" for DD and DS, and about 3 minutes after we left the parking lot, the car started sounding funny, so I pulled over. The tire was flat. After a very brief freak-out, where I forgot I have my dad's four-way, as well as the jack and spare that came with the car, I got out (in the rain/snow), and started changed the tire. But DS decided that would be a good time to start kicking the window, and jostling the car enough I thought it might fall off the jack, so I kept having to stop and tell him to stop. My legs were cramping and my back was hurting so bad, I ended up having to sit on the ground (in a big puddle, how convenient... eyesroll.gif ) in my pajamas (because I fully intended to go back to bed for a bit after dropping DD at school), so my whole pants were wet. I eventually got the tire changed (It's a lot more difficult at 8 mos pregnant orngtongue.gif ) only to realize that if I went to get DF before I dropped DD off at school, she would be late, but we would have to wait ~45 minutes to leave to drop her off and then go get DF, so I asked her if she would mind riding the bus. (Someone usually takes her, because the bus is pretty chaotic for her in the morning, and it's hard for her to focus the first part of the school day.) She said she wouldn't, and was excited because she thought the breakfast would be waffles, which is her favorite.

 

So instead of resting a little more and working on organizing/cleaning the house, I got to run around getting a new tire.

post #103 of 224

Oh geeze bmcneal, I don't think I could have done that! I would have had to call someone. I have issues with the jack and what not when NOT pregnant, no way I would have had the where-with-all to deal with it now!!

 

 

AFM I am soooooo done with this sinus/ear infection! I'm finally getting clear snot instead of neon green (sorry for the TMI lol) which is a huge improvement I think and I can mostly breath again (still stuffy but not blocked) however, my ear is still totally plugged and feels/sounds like my head is under water. My ear is actually worse today then it was yesterday... UG.

 

My home visit with our MW is scheduled for Friday (AhhhH!!! I'll be 36 weeks!) and we're no where near ready. Our house is a total mess despite the major headway dh and my mom made earlier in the week. We've managed not to undo what they got done (thank goodness) but I will be so embarrassed if we don't get a LOT more done before she gets here. Unfortunately dh has an obligation at preschool tomorrow afternoon and I *have* to be at work so we wont get much done tomorrow. Have to bust ass on Friday morning...

 


And my kids have all been sick, so that's not really helping anything either. My oldest has missed school every day this week. Poor girl has pretty much been in bed asleep the entire time. She even fell asleep at the dinner table so I know she's not faking. If she misses school tomorrow we're going to have to take her to the ped's office - because you know, we have all this free time right now lol. She said she was feeling a bit better tonight so hopefully we're on the mend.

post #104 of 224

Spent the night in the hospital because my throat hurts so bad that even my yelling sounds like a whisper and laying down to sleep, my nose is so plugged up I can't breathe out of it, and my throat is swollen so I can't breathe out of my mouth, ughhh! Turns out it's laryngitis and a head cold, but they were happy I came in because apparently a large amount of cases of strep have came in, and they like to treat it in pregnant women especially. Had to get an IV because I'm dehydrated(how that happens when all you can do is down liquids, idk!) and the nurse collapsed my vein, argh!


So glad to be home, not so glad to be home with two toddlers when I can't talk.. lol.

post #105 of 224

gosh everyone is sick!

 

I haven't had a cold at all, and the other day my constant congestion turned into a dripping nose and raw throat, and now I'm really congested. I want it to be over with as soon as possible - I'm drinking a ton of water and steaming my sinuses. I was going to use my neti pot or get the same thing in the pre-brought spray version. My twins class instructor said to avoid coughing as much as possible at this point in the pregnancy, which of course is going to be inevitable as this cold progresses. AH.

 

Any tips on avoiding coughing or how to make this cold pass sooner?
 

post #106 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessmn View Post

gosh everyone is sick!

 

I haven't had a cold at all, and the other day my constant congestion turned into a dripping nose and raw throat, and now I'm really congested. I want it to be over with as soon as possible - I'm drinking a ton of water and steaming my sinuses. I was going to use my neti pot or get the same thing in the pre-brought spray version. My twins class instructor said to avoid coughing as much as possible at this point in the pregnancy, which of course is going to be inevitable as this cold progresses. AH.

 

Any tips on avoiding coughing or how to make this cold pass sooner?
 

Why are you supposed to avoid coughing? I was told to cough last night if I need to! 

post #107 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanmomma View Post

Why are you supposed to avoid coughing? I was told to cough last night if I need to! 


I can't really remember now, it was one of the bullet points about avoiding preterm labor. Maybe it causes braxton hicks/real contractions?

post #108 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessmn View Post


I can't really remember now, it was one of the bullet points about avoiding preterm labor. Maybe it causes braxton hicks/real contractions?

Yes! That is it! When I was 26 weeks I had a horrid cold and ended up in L&D for contractions because I couldn't stop coughing! That awful cough lasted 3 weeks and I was back in there 3 different times til I got better!
post #109 of 224

That's so crazy! Coughing hurts, but it's such a relief after I get a good cough out lol. I'm going to be so scared to cough again now!

post #110 of 224

Sorry, meant to post in the chat thread.

post #111 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanmomma View Post

That's so crazy! Coughing hurts, but it's such a relief after I get a good cough out lol. I'm going to be so scared to cough again now!

I think it's more of a problem when your already at risk for preterm labor and or have "irritable uterus" for what it's worth it was my high risk dr that mentioned the whole "sorry your sick but this coughing cld cause problems" thing... Not my reg OB. So I always assumed it was a more "high risk" caution and not necessarily a normal preg. Caution?
post #112 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanBean06 View Post


I think it's more of a problem when your already at risk for preterm labor and or have "irritable uterus" for what it's worth it was my high risk dr that mentioned the whole "sorry your sick but this coughing cld cause problems" thing... Not my reg OB. So I always assumed it was a more "high risk" caution and not necessarily a normal preg. Caution?


oh good I'm glad I'm not the one one who remembered this about trying not to cough :) It was probably covered in my class, too, because twins are already at risk for preterm labor.

 

ugh I hope this congestion doesn't develop into a long lasting cough. :(

post #113 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessmn View Post

 

Any tips on avoiding coughing or how to make this cold pass sooner?
 

I had a 3 week sinus infection and I really had to control my cough as dh was in the hospital for a week and well they don't like letting in visitors who are coughing! Anyways, I had great luck with honey. When I felt that a coughing attack was coming on, I took a huge spoonful of honey, then slowly sipped hot water and just let the honey coat my throat.   I just carried the little teddybear jar with me wherever I went.  I also was taking the very basic Robitussin that is for a cough only, as often as dosage allowed, and tons and tons of menthol cough drops.  But I think the honey was really what helped.  

post #114 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver's Mama View Post

I had a 3 week sinus infection and I really had to control my cough as dh was in the hospital for a week and well they don't like letting in visitors who are coughing! Anyways, I had great luck with honey. When I felt that a coughing attack was coming on, I took a huge spoonful of honey, then slowly sipped hot water and just let the honey coat my throat.   I just carried the little teddybear jar with me wherever I went.  I also was taking the very basic Robitussin that is for a cough only, as often as dosage allowed, and tons and tons of menthol cough drops.  But I think the honey was really what helped.  

Ah that's great advice! I think it's hilarious that you carried around the teddy bear jar of honey with you. I always make tea, orange juice, and honey for a cold/cough so I can see why carrying around the honey would work. So Robitussin and cough drops are okay for pregnancy? I haven't looked into medications yet but I was also curious what medicines were okay.

post #115 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessmn View Post

Ah that's great advice! I think it's hilarious that you carried around the teddy bear jar of honey with you. I always make tea, orange juice, and honey for a cold/cough so I can see why carrying around the honey would work. So Robitussin and cough drops are okay for pregnancy? I haven't looked into medications yet but I was also curious what medicines were okay.

You're definitely supposed to avoid meds with pseudoephedrine, phenylephrine, and anything with alcohol.  cough drops are fairly benign.  

As for robitussin and the like, they have dextromethorphan, which I find mixed info on.  I was told it's ok to take though, especially if the benefits outweigh the risk. For me, I was alone 24/7 with 2 kids having cough attacks that would leave me choking and gasping for air, so I felt anything that helped me from choking and passing out was worth it, so I wasn't putting myself or my kids in a dangerous situation. 

post #116 of 224

One thing to remember with the dextromethorphan, it's good to take guaifenesin with it if you'r taking it at night time, because it's such a successful cough suppressant that it can cause mucus to settle in your lungs while you're laying down for long periods, and the guaifenesin helps keep that mucus loose.  Just thought I'd mention that, as I'm pretty sure pneumonia isn't something anybody would want to add at this point. LOL  

post #117 of 224

My hips are killing me! My kids like for us to lay in their room until they fall asleep, but since they are both in toddler beds, we have to lay on the floor. My DH does it most of the time but with him working more, he hasn't been home during bedtime so I've been laying on the floor. By time they are asleep - I literally cannot get up off the floor due to pain in my hips. And its not only when I lay on the floor. When I sit on the floor or after laying in bed, I have such a hard time getting up and I tend to limp sometimes. Anyone else having horrible hip pains? 

 

And anyone have any natural remedies for bacterial vaginosis? The antibiotics are not working at all and I hate taking meds anyways, espeically abx.    

post #118 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlea View Post

My hips are killing me! My kids like for us to lay in their room until they fall asleep, but since they are both in toddler beds, we have to lay on the floor. My DH does it most of the time but with him working more, he hasn't been home during bedtime so I've been laying on the floor. By time they are asleep - I literally cannot get up off the floor due to pain in my hips. And its not only when I lay on the floor. When I sit on the floor or after laying in bed, I have such a hard time getting up and I tend to limp sometimes. Anyone else having horrible hip pains? 

And anyone have any natural remedies for bacterial vaginosis? The antibiotics are not working at all and I hate taking meds anyways, espeically abx.    

Have you tried garlic cloves? Coconut oil suppositories can help too (I would do the garlic for a few days first)
post #119 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlea View Post

My hips are killing me! My kids like for us to lay in their room until they fall asleep, but since they are both in toddler beds, we have to lay on the floor. My DH does it most of the time but with him working more, he hasn't been home during bedtime so I've been laying on the floor. By time they are asleep - I literally cannot get up off the floor due to pain in my hips. And its not only when I lay on the floor. When I sit on the floor or after laying in bed, I have such a hard time getting up and I tend to limp sometimes. Anyone else having horrible hip pains? 

 

And anyone have any natural remedies for bacterial vaginosis? The antibiotics are not working at all and I hate taking meds anyways, espeically abx.    

 

I'm not sure if I've ever had BV, but I've used garlic cloves for yeast infections and other (TMI) similar vaginal upsets and it seems to work well, albeit a bit stingy/painful at first, depending on how serious it was. Maybe try that? (Whole cloves inserted, and I cut slits in them first, someone/where told me that was supposed to help.)

post #120 of 224

Oh I need to whine.

Last week ds1 got pink eye. It cleared up quick with the eye drops, but I was so insanely paranoid and freaking out all week with lysol can in hand, and was so so hard on my kids because I can't stand how they wipe their noses and eyes on EVERY SINGLE SURFACE in the house.  So today was marked on my calendar as the day we're officially in the clear as any residual germs would have died off. And yep..... the pink eye's back today. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.  I'm just so grossed out by it, and so paranoid that it's just going to be this vicious cycle that'll never stop, and in a few weeks I'll have a newborn and will probably have to quarantine her in my room and not let the boys near her. Luckily my almost-3 year old hasn't gotten it. He has better hygiene than the 5 year old though and understands not to poke his finger in his eye and then try to shove it in my mouth or something.

The real bad part is, when I get super stressed about it, it makes me have contractions. so I'm trying this time around to stay calm as possible.  Baby needs to stay inside where it's safe!

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › April 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › The Whining Thread