In a moment of weakness I agreed to let my husband spray Round Up on the multitude of dandelions that were taking over our yard about 18 months ago. I was kicking myself almost immediately. This past summer I really wanted to harvest the dandelion greens and make jelly with the flowers but I didn't for fear of ingesting round up. I thought I remembered reading something about pesticides being trapped in tap roots and that you should wait a certain length of time before consuming plants that have been contaminated by pesticide use. I'm already looking forward to harvesting my dandelions this year, but I'm still a little nervous. I know the majority of the dandelions will be new, but I also know that unseen tap roots can push up new plants over and over again and there is no way of telling which ones could be new vs. possible survivors of said round up attack.
Am I over thinking this? We try to eat organically, especially when it comes to produce, but I'm honestly not too much of a stickler about it. I probably ingest more pesticides from conventionally grown apples that I would from dandelion greens possibly sprayed years ago, right? Any info here would be helpful!