Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- topicHealthy Pregnancytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productMorning Sickness Magic 60 Capsulestagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Questionstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Week By Weektagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productSecrets to Relieving Morning Sickness: What Every Pregnant Woman Must Knowtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Coffee during pregnancy Last post on 6/6/13 at 9:14am in I'm Pregnant
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
- Giardia while pregnant? Last post on 9/17/13 at 6:35am in I'm Pregnant
- Pregnancy Symptoms? Last post on 11/6/13 at 4:15pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- Please Help me to Refuse a NST Last post on 9/1/13 at 4:31pm in I'm Pregnant
Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?
Last edited: 8/5/13
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and PregnancyLast edited: 11/25/13
- Gurmukh's Postpartum WisdomLast edited: 8/9/13
- Use of Marijuana During PregnancyLast edited: 6/20/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
How are you feeling? - Page 57post #1121 of 17195/31/13 at 6:52pmpost #1122 of 17195/31/13 at 6:53pmpost #1123 of 17196/1/13 at 5:40am
My allergies have been TERRIBLE this week. I've been trying every home remedy known to man kind for them and yesterday I finally broke down and took some Claritin.
In other news, we found a home-birthing midwife and have an appt with her in a couple of weeks. I am VERY excited about that and feel really good about it all.post #1124 of 17196/2/13 at 7:18ampost #1125 of 17196/2/13 at 7:53ampost #1126 of 17196/2/13 at 8:52amQuote:
Splitting stomach muscles don't hurt, so that's more likely something else. Mine are well and truly split now; when I lie on my back there's a gap of at least 4 fingers. It's a little unnerving!post #1127 of 17196/2/13 at 2:07pmQuote:
thats kinda creepy! this is my third pregnancy and i dont think ive ever had that! maybe i have it and i just think its my belly! :opost #1128 of 17196/2/13 at 2:22pm
I think it's only 1 in 3 women who get it, but I'm unlucky enough to have had it with both pregnancies now. It's especially creepy when I feel my stomach while lying down, and the barrier of muscle isn't there. So I can actually feel the baby clearly if he's close to that area. It kind of freaked me out the first time I noticed that!post #1129 of 17196/3/13 at 9:38amI've had mild diarrhea for about 3 days. :-( I hope I didn't eat anything bad while camping because we realized that the camper fridge wasn't cooling properly. No one else has had issues. Been taking probiotics regularly. Hopefully it's just because I've been eating too much junk lately while being on vacation. :-/post #1130 of 17196/3/13 at 4:46pm
hooray, hemorrhoids. or at least that's what things (TMI) are pointing too.. might keep DF out of part of our next checkup, so i can share some gross info with the midwife.
i also think i've been getting braxton hicks contractions these past couple of days, which is a first. if i remember right there is no reason to worry about those.. right ?
aside from that, i've started reading The Birth Book and while it's outdated (written for the 90s), it's still helping me freak out less about all the stuff i don't know yet.. and encouraging me in a way to take more charge in doing some more research without getting overwhelmed so easily at the same time.
we're 23 weeks now, starting birthing class on wednesday .. next week 24wk checkup and then possibly touring 2 hospitals too.post #1131 of 17196/3/13 at 11:27pmQuote:
That's correct for the vast majority of women. If they are really frequent you might want to mention them to your care provider.post #1132 of 17196/4/13 at 12:36ampost #1133 of 17196/4/13 at 5:12ampost #1134 of 17196/4/13 at 7:49ampost #1135 of 17196/4/13 at 8:46am
Whew, you ladies definitely need a 'uncomfy lady bits' thread! Surely there must be a solution to such uncomfortable issues if ya'll put your heads together! I can comiserate to the extent that my backside was itchy when either a) my kids gave me pinworms after Christmas or b) I knew my kids had it so I psycho-sematically felt itchy (I never actually found any evidence that I had them but I was certainly itchy for 3 months and taking useless OTC meds). We finally got prescription meds and everyone in the extended family took a pill and so far so good, but let's see if they are still gone when it's been more than one month since anyone's felt any symptoms. The coconut oil on my crotch along with everywhere else, when I'm done showering, has been the best thing that's ever happened to my sensitive area! Especially after shaving. Although I think I won't be doing that anymore this pregnancy (shaved yesterday, OMG what contorting!) as I'm just too awkward.post #1136 of 17196/4/13 at 11:28ampost #1137 of 17196/4/13 at 12:20pmpost #1138 of 17196/4/13 at 9:16pmpost #1139 of 17196/5/13 at 12:13amSame here. Mine are really noticeable right now. Yay just in time for summer!!! I'm going to go grab some lotion with bronzing so it's not too hideous looking. I just don't feel very beautiful this pregnancy. Ok lets be real. I didn't last pregnancy either. Ha.
Anyone annoyed with the STARVING feeling, then once you get to finally eating (I'm back to doing almost all the cooking again waaaa!), you can only take 3-5 bites and then are TOTALLY grossed out? I made a KILLER steak dinner tonight and could barely eat it. Sides were fried potatoes and sautéed zucchini. Maybe it was too greasy. I'm trying to up my fat intake so I'm not hungry all the time and this damn pregnant body/mind of mine won't let me! I also thought the weird taste of mushrooms sautéed in coconut oil to bother me the most. And I was dying to eat them while cooking. That was sad for me.
I'm trying to stick with paleo/primal and stay away from sugar as you all know-- I'm having some yoni troubles. I'm finding that I'm just not eating very well some days and haven't gained a pound since the 2nd trimester began. That is fine, I'm overweight but it worries me a little too.post #1140 of 17196/5/13 at 12:51am
Tillymonster; that must have been so disappointing! I had a steak dinner too, covered in stilton sauce, but I had no problem eating. I hope that goes away for you soon, it must be so annoying.
I must be really fortunate as I'm not getting any problems like that! I am having problems with corns on my foot though, and they are really uncomfortable!
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
- › Adoption/Foster/Starting Out Chit Chatty Thread Extravaganza 2014 1 minute ago
- › Splitting Expenses and Income- SAHM married 20 years 7 minutes ago
- › Do you fart infront of your husband???? 10 minutes ago
- › If you suffer from anything have you or would you mention it to a... 13 minutes ago
- › Why Is Jenny McCarthy Dangerous? 23 minutes ago
- › My intro... 23 minutes ago
- › HOLY SH#$%¥*T! We are due next month - April Chat Thread : ) 25 minutes ago
- › postpartum mood swings 35 minutes ago
- › Single Mamas By Choice 35 minutes ago
- › helpful "tools" during labor 49 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness