- topicHealthy Pregnancytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productMorning Sickness Magic 60 Capsulestagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Questionstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Week By Weektagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productSecrets to Relieving Morning Sickness: What Every Pregnant Woman Must Knowtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Coffee during pregnancy Last post on 6/6/13 at 9:14am in I'm Pregnant
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
- Giardia while pregnant? Last post on 9/17/13 at 6:35am in I'm Pregnant
- Pregnancy Symptoms? Last post on 11/6/13 at 4:15pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- Please Help me to Refuse a NST Last post on 9/1/13 at 4:31pm in I'm Pregnant
Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?
Last edited: 8/5/13
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and PregnancyLast edited: 11/25/13
- Gurmukh's Postpartum WisdomLast edited: 8/9/13
- Use of Marijuana During PregnancyLast edited: 6/20/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
How are you feeling? - Page 66post #1301 of 17197/7/13 at 5:03pmpost #1302 of 17197/7/13 at 5:18pm
i do that too, but maybe the pillow i'm using is too small. i'm using one of those travel neck pillows - didn't get any pregnancy-specific pillows. i'll try tonight with a bigger pillow and see if that helps.post #1303 of 17197/7/13 at 7:08pmpost #1304 of 17197/7/13 at 7:23pm
I've been using a really poofy standard sized pillow. Thicker seems more important than longer in my case. That being said, I haven't had too much hip pain (yet) this pregnancy-but I've been using a pillow between my legs to sleep since long before I needed it, so maybe it helped prevent? I've also been sleeping more on my stomach than side, and that seems to help a lot, too.post #1305 of 17197/7/13 at 8:02pmAt 30 weeks and the lovely heart burn and acid reflux is keeeeling me! Definitely have woken up a few times in the middle of the night with...sorry for this...throw up in my mouth, almost choking from it. Gross! So over it. Oh and this whole shortness of breath thing is getting really old, too. But I can say that I love love love feeling the kicks throughout the day! I already know that I'm going to miss feeling them once this little peanut arrivespost #1306 of 17197/7/13 at 9:17pmI've had hip pain almost since the beginning. Never had it with my first. Since I've been going to the chiropractor more oftne and having him do more muscle work my hip and sacrum pain has been so much better.
My Braxton hicks have been so strong. It's hard to move, walk and breath when I have them.post #1307 of 17197/7/13 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by blairmichelle
At 30 weeks and the lovely heart burn and acid reflux is keeeeling me! Definitely have woken up a few times in the middle of the night with...sorry for this...throw up in my mouth, almost choking from it. Gross! So over it. Oh and this whole shortness of breath thing is getting really old, too. But I can say that I love love love feeling the kicks throughout the day! I already know that I'm going to miss feeling them once this little peanut arrives
I'm so going to miss the kicks to. I cried about that so much after DD and she was a light kicker. This one has been kicking HARD especially when I lean up against things. I really forget about the belly. It's not good lol.
I second the chiropractor. Mine has really helped me. Though I'm pretty sore right now from some tension she was deeply massaging. It hurt! I'm so sensitive.
When my hips hurt at night or really when I am up and walking I try to wear my maternity support belt from motherhood maternity. It really helps. If you don't have one I suggest wrapping your hips with stretchy fabric! I'm sure it'll help.
I'm getting headaches. Though I'm on the computer a lot and have tried and reduced my caffeine intake. Feeling SO TIRED but antsy. Isn't that funny?post #1308 of 17197/8/13 at 12:37ampost #1309 of 17197/8/13 at 7:19ampost #1310 of 17197/8/13 at 7:53ampost #1311 of 17197/9/13 at 11:08amMy back and hip pain got so bad I couldn't walk... Had to get a back brace. I opt'd for the upsie by belly bandit. Expensive but I can use it post pregnancy too. Been wearing it a few hours and already my hips feel 75% better. My back feels 50% better and I don't have the pain I had when getting up from the seated position. Who knew a little lift under my belly would help so much. I'm carrying pretty low, pretty far- straight out in front. It puts. Lot of pressure on my back.post #1312 of 17197/9/13 at 11:17am
i might get a maternity belt too if y'all are saying it's helping you. i've been crazy achy lately, i can still walk and all that but everything's become hard and painful.. picking up stuff from the ground, turning over in bed, getting in and out of the car / office chair.. i'm stopping to work at 36 weeks which will be Sep 1, am 28 weeks now and even though i'm now taking time off every now and then, i don't feel like i can handle work anymore. i really don't do anything demanding, just a regular office job.. my boss doesn't want me to work from home so we made this "deal" of me taking time off when needed. but i don't feel too recovered anymore when i do go back in again. i'm starting to wonder what my options are, i'd actually love to just stop working and go somewhat on "bed rest" but i need the health insurance and can't go on DF's until October.post #1313 of 17197/9/13 at 11:30amI feel you. I'm 31 weeks and I have NO desire to get up, drive to work and work an 8 hour day. I need naps, more food breaks and my office is in a big house so no elevator. I climb about 40 stairs 5-6 times a day. I have 5 weeks before I can work from home. I don't feel like I will make it.post #1314 of 17197/10/13 at 12:06amOh my god... Steps? All day? Ugh! I'm just done too. Working is really hard and I'm doing it at home! I was going to take DD to a splash pad park a few times now. So cannot do it. Its too hot and I'm so tired!
I forced DH to chop veggies for dinner. He must have felt sorry for me after seeing DD today. A whiny mess of a 3yo. Hitting and kicking is the latest development. I almost think I should try nursing her down for naps again. Then remember that would be my own personal hell as I can barely do it at night. Barely. I have to be heavily involved in something on my phone to distract myself from how I just want to throw her off of me! It's so sad. I used to nurse her to calm myself! I love nursing her! These pregnancy hormones have made it awful and I did not want to wean this way-- I was hoping it would be a more gentle process.
Hoping this next week is better but if I don't start getting some quality sleep soon I'm going to freak out! Lets save the deprivation for the newborn for crying out loud!post #1315 of 17197/10/13 at 12:55am
I really don't know how you guys manage to cope with going to work!
I've accepted that my energy is gone until I have the baby, although it's still rather frustrating. And my feet have swollen up which is really attractive. I thought they would deflate by morning, but apparently not! Thankfully it's not quite as hot today, so I might go for a walk since that seems to help with the swelling.post #1316 of 17197/10/13 at 3:35ampost #1317 of 17197/10/13 at 7:24amI'm a full time sahm and I'm exhausted! I don't know how some of you ladies are still working. I worked full time through my pregnancy with dd1 and I managed, but I don't know how I did it.
This has been a rough few days. My dd caught a tummy bug and has been very randomly throwing up for days now. And I mean randomly. So random I can't even catch it in a bowl. And she had some serious diarrhea. She seems to be ok today.. So far at least. She asked for breakfast so that's a good sign. I caught the bug the day after her symptoms started so I've been trying to care for her while feeling like hell myself. It has not been easy. I'm thinking the diarrhea part is starting for me today. Ugh. Then to top it all off my *very* potty trained dog had an accident in the front room sometime in the middle of the night/early morning. I knew something was up around 5 because she was whining to go outside. I cannot escape the poop and throw up.post #1318 of 17197/10/13 at 8:55amQuote:Originally Posted by MamaMash
This has been a rough few days. My dd caught a tummy bug and has been very randomly throwing up for days now. And I mean randomly. So random I can't even catch it in a bowl. And she had some serious diarrhea. She seems to be ok today.. So far at least. She asked for breakfast so that's a good sign. I caught the bug the day after her symptoms started so I've been trying to care for her while feeling like hell myself. It has not been easy. I'm thinking the diarrhea part is starting for me today. Ugh. Then to top it all off my *very* potty trained dog had an accident in the front room sometime in the middle of the night/early morning. I knew something was up around 5 because she was whining to go outside. I cannot escape the poop and throw up.
aw man :/ i hope you all are feeling better soon!!
does anyone get occasional - for lack of a better word - contractions? it's not like BH, it's more like "oh my god, am i getting my period? no wait.. this is way more painful". i've had one again last night. they come on and then get more intense bell-curve style, then at some point the pain gets less until it disappears. this is exactly like i'm imagining labor contractions.
i've only had single ones every now and then. is this just strong ligament pain, or does this sound concerning?post #1319 of 17197/10/13 at 9:08ampost #1320 of 17197/10/13 at 9:09am
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
- › Katie Couric admits disproportionate reporting on HPV vaccine 2 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Show off your bump here! 4 minutes ago
- › Homebirthing roll call. 11 minutes ago
- › December (already!) chat 13 minutes ago
- › Anxiety/panic/OCD 14 minutes ago
- › Ridiculous baby gear/gadgets 14 minutes ago
- › Weighing my options, please help me think this through 15 minutes ago
- › What is your word for nursing? 17 minutes ago
- › Getting ready for natural birth 17 minutes ago
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo