serena, I'm in the better safe than sorry camp. Can you call a nurse hotline to see if they'd want you to come in?
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- topicHealthy Pregnancytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productMorning Sickness Magic 60 Capsulestagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Questionstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Week By Weektagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productSecrets to Relieving Morning Sickness: What Every Pregnant Woman Must Knowtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Coffee during pregnancy Last post on 6/6/13 at 9:14am in I'm Pregnant
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
- Giardia while pregnant? Last post on 9/17/13 at 6:35am in I'm Pregnant
- Pregnancy Symptoms? Last post on 11/6/13 at 4:15pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- Please Help me to Refuse a NST Last post on 9/1/13 at 4:31pm in I'm Pregnant
Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?
Last edited: 8/5/13
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and PregnancyLast edited: 11/25/13
- Gurmukh's Postpartum WisdomLast edited: 8/9/13
- Use of Marijuana During PregnancyLast edited: 6/20/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
How are you feeling? - Page 84post #1662 of 17199/8/13 at 2:28pmFirst hand experience, pre e does pop up that fast. I'd at least call. They might take her out today or tomorrow instead if your BP is high. Any fire department or clinic can take your BP for you if you're curious instead of going to the hospital. 120/60 is good. 140/90 is high. 160/100 the baby needs to come out.post #1663 of 17199/8/13 at 2:57pm
Hope you're still feeling OK, Serena. How are you doing emotionally knowing your baby will be here TOMORROW?! I'm a FTM and I think I'd be feeling excited but also really nervous and maybe even sad (because a big part of my life will be over)....or maybe I'm just emotional lately.
Nettlesoup - I'm 'overdue' too and it's getting a bit frusterating, mostly because people are calling/facebooking EVERYDAY asking where the baby is, as if I can control it.
My duedate was 9/3 according to when I ovulated (I was charting), but based on LMP it was 9/5 and MW said to go by that to give me an extra few days in case I'm late, and I'm glad I did now. I'm getting nervous they'll have to induce or something. I've had plenty of mentral like cramps (usually at night) for a while now, but then they go away. So now signs at all ugh. 1.5 weeks ago I was 90% effaced and 1-2 cm dialated, but I don't know if I've made any progress since (it doesn't feel like it). DH and I DTD today, I've tried walking, the birth ball, EPO, RRL tea, Polly blend herbs, all to no avail. The past week I've been so uncomfortable, actually in a LOT of pain just moving around, especially in bed or getting up. I'm worried I'll still feel like this even after I'm done being pregnant.post #1664 of 17199/8/13 at 3:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by serena76
39w 5d and last couple of days I've been feelings bit rubbish. My vision went all funny yesterday for an hour and had a headache for2 days. Heartburn is getting bad again and so uncomfortable, she's so high up under my ribs. Glad I only got 1 more day to go, but so scary to know I'll b a mum 😳
Serena you'll be great! Who wants all this heartburn and crap? I noticed all the discomforts went away the second DD was out so I'm guessing you'll feel the same. I'm so excited for you!
Sounds like the rest of you are in or about to be in labor! I'm hoping to see some babies announced soon yay! Mine is currently screaming her head off for a diaper change. We are up to our eyeballs!!!post #1665 of 17199/8/13 at 3:38pmpost #1666 of 17199/8/13 at 3:44pmpost #1667 of 17199/8/13 at 4:15pmpost #1668 of 17199/8/13 at 5:16pmpost #1669 of 17199/8/13 at 5:21pm
I've been craving sugar, and haven't been very disciplined the last few days and have let myself have some treats. I had gained 6 pounds at my MW appt today, so the MW told me to get back to being disciplined just for the tail end. According to her, craving sugar means you really need protein, but I feel like I've been eating tons of protein.
I also told her that I had been feeling crampy last night, and she said that usually means the baby is starting to move down into the pelvis. And then when she felt for his position, she said sure enough that he was starting to move into my pelvis. But when I asked her if she had any idea how long till he comes, she said, no, she never does.post #1670 of 17199/9/13 at 1:29ampost #1671 of 17199/9/13 at 10:02ampost #1672 of 17199/9/13 at 10:12am
I'm right there with those of you eating crappily. In fact, right before my last midwife appointment last week, I had a bowl of chocolate pudding cake, which made my urine sugars skyrocket, but I just didn't care. The midwife was all "Oh, was it somebody's birthday?" I'm like, "Ummm, no. I just like chocolate."
Other than that, been having some interesting back and forth constipation and loose bowels, and some general tenderness and soreness over my belly. Nothing that feels like contractions, but uncomfortable and even painful at times. Baby is still moving A LOT. BIG movements, too. It's getting to the point where, if I'm sitting and this happens, it hurts. There's just not much room in there. I don't know how she's doing it!
I keep watching for symptoms, like signs of the mucus plug when I go to the bathroom, but nothing yet. I'm still almost two weeks out from the due date, though, so that's fine. Also, my mom doesn't get here till Saturday morning, so I'd prefer baby to wait till after that anyway. But I can't seem to help but look for symptoms! It's just all-consuming at this point, and hard to concentrate on much else.
My sympathies to those of you closer or past your EDDs with no signs of labor in sight. That's gotta be frustrating. The good news is: no one stays pregnant forever, so it will be over soon. Though I know exactly why you want it to happen on its own and avoid inductions. My fingers are crossed for you.post #1673 of 17199/9/13 at 10:14ampost #1674 of 17199/9/13 at 10:45am
Lilmamita; I could so do with a milkshake right now!
Bromache; you feel exactly the same as me!
CDsMom; I hope you manage to get your VBAC, you definitely have more to worry about than me.
Today, after another disappointing night of false signs, I have decided to think of my pregnancy as I'd think of my big toe; not at all! It's there but there's no reason to obsess over it and over think it, so I won't! So I actually had a pretty relaxed and productive day. I did lots of tidying and I made gluten free chocolate muffins with my daughter. The muffins may have been a bad move as I'll no doubt end up stuffing myself with them.
I've also got a midwife appointment on Wednesday where I will have to discuss options if the baby doesn't start showing signs of movement. I'll maybe ask for a sweep; are they effective? And I'll try and delay a date for induction as much as I can get away with.post #1675 of 17199/9/13 at 10:52ampost #1676 of 17199/9/13 at 11:25ampost #1677 of 17199/9/13 at 11:36ampost #1678 of 17199/9/13 at 11:38am
I'm with the rest of you in the unhealthy (carby and weet) eating habits. I just can't bring myself to care all that much at this point.
Due date tomorrow and absolutely no signs of labor. I always thought I would go late, and assumed I'd be cool with it, but I'm getting impatient - not that there's anything I can do about it anyway.post #1679 of 17199/9/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
huh, i hadn't thought of it as PMS-like before. i've been eating a 6-pack of chocolate cookies every day now. i've been really good with my nutrition for most of the pregnancy, but since month 8 i've moved over to the junk camp.Quote:
hmm.. i'll try to get some more protein in today, then. would be nice if that helped curb my unhealthy cravings!
yeahh.. me too. i've been cramping for a long time now, losing what looks like a mucus plug and all those things. it's not happening until it happens.. sometimes the pain ramps up more than usual and i start freaking out again, but other than that, i try not to worry and think about it too much.Quote:
fingers crossed for you CDsMom!!Quote:Originally Posted by nettlesoup
Today, after another disappointing night of false signs, I have decided to think of my pregnancy as I'd think of my big toe; not at all! It's there but there's no reason to obsess over it and over think it, so I won't! So I actually had a pretty relaxed and productive day.
great idea! i'll try and do the same :)
yeah, i also feel like there might be some hormonal shifts going on although i have no idea if that's a thing. all i can say is i'm "freaking out" every day, and tbh don't even wanna be awake these days.. and would love to just sleep through what's left of this pregnancy. i get anxiety attacks every day and by the evening, i'm so uncomfortable i just don't wanna be in this body anymore.
maybe that's my body's way of saying "i'm so excited to meet this baby!" but since i'll be a FTM, i have no images or expectations in my head of what it will be like to have a baby, so all i have is this cut-off point 19 days from today. and all i know is my life will radically change that day, but i have no idea how. i think that's probably the explanation for the anxiety i'm experiencing.
if anyone else (of the FTMs?) is dealing with something similar, how are you handling it? i've tried reiki, affirmations and relaxation exercises so far. i also try rationalizing the whole thing to my body. nothing has really been working all that great yet, though.
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 1 minute ago
- › Copper IUD and Side effects 3 minutes ago
- › filling vegan foods 10 minutes ago
- › Here comes the Sun Oct 2014! Spring pregnancy after loss thread 12 minutes ago
- › Foods you can actually eat 24 minutes ago
- › Stupid vent. Shower planning. I shouldn't care... 38 minutes ago
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 45 minutes ago
- › Stripped membranes 48 minutes ago
- › Hi everyone 50 minutes ago
- › 48 Hour Beta results 51 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool