the twin thing is also on my mind.... i am just over 8 weeks & last night at a diner party one of my friends said, "oh look you already have a little belly"...
- topicHealthy Pregnancytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- productMorning Sickness Magic 60 Capsulestagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- topicPregnancytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- topicPregnancy Questionstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- topicPregnancy Week By Weektagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- productSecrets to Relieving Morning Sickness: What Every Pregnant Woman Must Knowtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
Popular Group Discussions
All done or more kids? 23 posts | Last post on November 24, 2013 at 2:19 pm
Related Forum Threads
- Coffee during pregnancy Last post on 6/6/13 at 9:14am in I'm Pregnant
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
- Giardia while pregnant? Last post on 9/17/13 at 6:35am in I'm Pregnant
- Pregnancy Symptoms? Last post on 11/6/13 at 4:15pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- Please Help me to Refuse a NST Last post on 9/1/13 at 4:31pm in I'm Pregnant
Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?
Last edited: 8/5/13
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and PregnancyLast edited: 11/25/13
- Gurmukh's Postpartum WisdomLast edited: 8/9/13
- Use of Marijuana During PregnancyLast edited: 6/20/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
How are you feeling? - Page 21post #402 of 17192/17/13 at 10:07ampost #403 of 17192/17/13 at 1:01pm
I remember with my second pregnancy thinking I had twins too, which is the reason I suspect this one is only a singleton. However, my morning sickness and tiredness has been off the charts with this pregnancy compared to the other two. I am rationalizing it by assuming it's because this pregnancy might be a boy and my other two easier pregnancies were girls, but I always read that twin pregnancies have sicker/sleepier/bigger moms, so I honestly don't have a "feeling" one way or the other - just desperately trying to compare this pregnancy to the other two I've had.
I think twin moms are incredibly strong brave women, both for the childbirth experience and the parenting experience. I am a devout homebirther and I feel overwhelmed on many days with my girls being 21 months apart. I strongly suspect that if my hippie self was placed in an OR to deliver with a trial of vaginal labor or a C-section and subsequently balanced breastfeeding twins, that my poor head may explode.
That is not to say that your brave friends, family members, and MrsandMrs aren't doing it BEAUTIFULLY, but I know I would not possess nearly the grace and good humor that they are, so I hope that my ultrasound in a few weeks settles my mind and allows me to focus on frivolous things like names and first outfit. :)post #404 of 17192/17/13 at 1:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by aidenn
MamaMash - You are too kind to say so, but I'll be the first to admit that if I had twins, I'd have a lot of peace-making to do. I don't consider myself to be naturally adept at motherhood, and the idea of parenting two babies simultaneously is way over my head! I'm going to go with bloating for mine too!
I couldn't have said it better myself. I also have to work really hard at mothering. It was definitely one of those cards I was dealt. I never planned on being a mom until I met DH.post #405 of 17192/17/13 at 4:04pm
serena - i also look "just fat." i'm convinced i have seen my pals giving me the side eye. and i'm 11.5 weeks with twins! i think the earliness of the bump is a first pregnancy thing vs. a later pregnancy thing.
aiden - thanks for the vote of confidence. i hope i have been pretty open about how freaked out i am about what the twins mean for both the pregnancy and the lifetime of parenting, but i am sure it will shake out. things have a way of doing that. fortunately, my wife is a superhero and a baby whisperer, so at least the babies have at least one totally awesome, competent parent!post #406 of 17192/17/13 at 6:29pmQuote:
Same here. And much as I hate it, it does offer a convenient excuse for not drinking ("I'm trying to lose weight"), specially since all my friends already know I spent a year without touching alcohol just because I was on a diet.post #407 of 17192/17/13 at 6:52pm
I had the worst nausea through the beginning of Feb. I actually lost 12 lbs. It's now somewhat better and I can eat more than salad, carrots, and peanut butter and bananas. It just seems to hit now at the most inconvenient times, like driving down the highway at 120km/hr or in the middle of a wedding ceremony. Thanks body. I figure I must be needing EPA's, beta carotene, protein and K+ if that's all my body wants to eat, lol. I started taking cod liver oil and that has been helping.post #408 of 17192/17/13 at 11:13pmDitto on the wedding ceremony nausea. I felt like crap the entire night and had to pretend I was fine. The wedding was fun but watching everyone drink did suck-- I'm a bit of a wine snob. Well, was! I had a sip of champagne and it made me queasy for gods sake.
I look huge too! How would I google a clinic where I can get an u/s? I might just do that for peace of mind. I was already big to begin with but held it well. A size 18 is hard to hide. But I did my best. Couldn't lose the weight no matter how I tried but that's another story! A girlfriend at the wedding said "you look great!" so I scoffed at her and just said right then and there that I was pregnant. I hate the niceties because I think I look pregnant but from someone elses' eyes I just look huge!
Nausea and super smelling is really becoming a problem, OMG! I can't cook without the potential gagging so we've been getting unhealthy food. All I want to eat is bread. And sandwiches, weirdly enough! Potato chips, bagels and cream cheese. Lots of fruit and fruit juice. Very health whole foods! Yeah right! Ha! I am falling off the traditional foods wagon in a big way! Hope to get back in track in a few weeks. Fennel tea is saving my life! The constipation and gas/bloat are gruesome!post #409 of 17192/18/13 at 12:57ampost #410 of 17192/18/13 at 1:05ampost #411 of 17192/18/13 at 1:15amThread StarterI'm so sick of being sick!!!! I've been battling severe all day nausea and extreme heartburn so bad it's been burning my throat and making my teeth hurt! I finally broke down this week when at my 12 wk MW appointment when I was telling her how I felt. She suggested since the heartburn is extremely bad and unrelenting that I might like to try Prevacid. I don't take any medications and have been eating like candy these natural antacids I found with little to no effect. I just could not take the pain anymore and stopped at the drug store to pick up the over the counter version. Now less than a week later the heartburn is almost gone completely!!!! I have suffered 2 pregnancies with this heartburn right up until delivery; I just can't believe it's gone! I do feel worried about using any medications while pregnant and at the same time I feel guilty for how much better I feel .
Now if the nausea would just go away I could get on with enjoying being pregnant!!!! Overall I feel better since the heartburn is not magnifying my nausea all that much. Can't wait to feel like myself again!!!post #412 of 17192/18/13 at 8:21ampost #413 of 17192/18/13 at 8:57ampost #414 of 17192/18/13 at 9:41ampost #415 of 17192/18/13 at 10:24amI'm sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time! It starts when I wake up, it ends when I go to bed. The whole day I have to balance eating with nausea, I can be queasy WHILE hungry, and the fatigue has transformed me into a couch potato. I have laundry lying around that I just can't seem to get done. My fiancé already does so much to help, I don't wanna ask him for even more!
And to top it all off I'm starting a new job tomorrow and have no idea how that's gonna go, with my symptoms and all. :S
Every few days, though, I'm getting a bit of energy back, so I try to make as much of those days as possible. Just counting down to the end of the first trimester and hoping it will get better then.post #416 of 17192/18/13 at 12:33pmpost #417 of 17192/18/13 at 3:42pmThread Starterpost #418 of 17192/18/13 at 5:55pmWQuote:
It's actually a pressed chewable tablet. You take it as needed like an antacid, but I found as time went on, I'd need them less often, almost like they had a little of a cumulative effect. Make sure you find a good quality though, I once got some that were cheaper than average and they didn't work as well.post #419 of 17192/19/13 at 1:08am
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
- › Thoughts on age differences? 1 minute ago
- › Lead test- is it really needed? 7 minutes ago
- › let's talk about doulas 20 minutes ago
- › 8th grade son just isn't focussing in school 22 minutes ago
- › December Spend-Less Challenge: Let's Fill Our Stockings with... 23 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 25 minutes ago
- › Morning Sickness at Work 25 minutes ago
- › s/o xdh blackmailing me about my dating life 28 minutes ago
- › December chat - those still hanging around! 30 minutes ago
- › Toys and games 31 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Stephafriendly
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Vaccinations and George W Bush by Brian Leaf
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo