- 1,548 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: Indiana
- Select All Posts By This User
Popular Group Discussions
How are you feeling? 1052 posts | Last post on Today at 8:18 am
Related Forum Threads
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
- What are you eating? Last post on 4/1/13 at 10:06pm in I'm Pregnant
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- Appointment Results/Updates Last post on Yesterday at 5:36 pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Belly Pics?! Last post on 4/28/13 at 5:27am in April 2013 Due Date Club
New Mama Survival Guide: Simple Tips for Going Natural
Edited on 11/15/12
- Liberated From Prenatal "Care"Edited on 4/7/13
- Two is a coincidence, three is a trend...Edited on 3/31/13
- Take Back the Baby FairEdited on 2/20/13
- Pregnancy SnacksEdited on 5/2/13
September 2013 Due Date Club
How are you feeling? - Page 29post #561 of 10523/19/13 at 12:30pmNo libido here, either, but I suck it up and do it anyways. My DH gets grumpy if he is deprived, haha. And deprived for him is more than a few days. O.opost #562 of 10523/19/13 at 2:40pmpost #563 of 10523/19/13 at 7:04pm
got sick again last night, almost out of nowhere, after dinner. now i'm a bit afraid to eat :-/
re libido: i still have some. it's become a bit less though. though that might just be cause i don't feel well most of the time.post #564 of 10523/19/13 at 8:05pm
A few days ago I had period-like cramps on and off all day, pretty intensely! In general lately when I roll over in bed or move a certain way the muscles in my stomach hurt like I've just done 100 situps. Lower back hurts now and then, and just feel achy all over (though I have been under a lot of stress this week). One good thing though is that my libido has increased since being pregnant.post #565 of 10523/19/13 at 8:35pmpost #566 of 10523/19/13 at 8:56pmI've had to take Tylenol a couple times. Once early on, barely 4 weeks to reduce a fever. And then more recently for terrible legs aches and a headache. I say go for it. No use in being miserable if a simple Tylenol would helppost #567 of 10523/19/13 at 9:22pm
I took Tylenol last night. I had a headache from HELL. I was up off and on all night. I ended up puking from the damn headache, then my DH rubbed my back until I relaxed enough to fall asleep. I finally nipped the rest of it in the butt this morning by drinking a cup of coffee. That injection of caffeine was all I needed to finish killing it.post #568 of 10523/19/13 at 9:24pmQuote:
i'm having those pretty much all the time! they're not nearly as strong as period cramps, but it's the same kind of pulling sensation that goes all the way down to my knees.Quote:
i've taken acetaminophen (same as Tylenol) once or twice so far. my midwife says it's safe to take, but i still like to take as little as i can.. so when i usually would take two pills, i'm now taking one and wait a little to see if it helps.post #569 of 10523/19/13 at 10:46pmQuote:
This is precisely what I'm worried about. I already feel queasy but both the headache and nausea are moderately annoying.
Does anyone get any weird itchy/redness after they take their prenatal? Mine is a good whole food horse pill that makes me gag, but I feel like I should take it since it cost me SO MUCH at my holistic docs.
Gosh maybe it's caffeine withdrawal -- I've really cut back though hardly drank any to begin with, I've always been sensitive. Will try that cup of coffee tomorrow.post #570 of 10523/20/13 at 12:07ampost #571 of 10523/20/13 at 4:05am
I have been getting headaches since being pregnant and taking the occasional tylenol.
cut out coffee completely so maybe that contributed, but I'm drinking strong black tea instead, so I'm not going totally without caffeine.post #572 of 10523/20/13 at 5:55am
I'm on the no libido wagon as well. None. My husband doesn't really understand, but then I think he thinks most of my (minimal) symptoms are all in my head.
I didn't get any morning sickness at all. The only nausea I had was from taking my prenatal vitamins. I tried splitting up the dose throughout the day and taking them before I went to bed and it didn't help, so my CNM said it was fine to just take a regular multi until second trimester when iron needs increase. I may just stay on the regular multi unless my iron levels show up low on tests. I certainly eat enough greens and meat (and am going to try again to add some liver to the mix).post #573 of 10523/20/13 at 6:42am
You're lucky with the lack of morning sickness! I'm also having major problems with prenatals and haven't been able to take them since morning sickness started. It doesn't help that they are massive! I can't even swallow small pills without gagging and almost being sick, it's not fun.
Is anyone else getting pregnancy gum issues? My gums are suddenly bleeding loads every time I brush my teeth, it's quite unpleasant. And my teeth have started hurting, probably due to the baby leeching minerals from them. I really need to try taking my fermented cod liver and butter oil capsules with yoghurt to see if I can swallow them that way.post #574 of 10523/20/13 at 6:45amQuote:
No, but i read that PTL and gum disease (which is often asymptomatic) can go hand in hand so as soon as i knew I was pregnant I rushed to the dentists office to have a cleaning and checkup for gum issues. Might not be a bad idea to do a cleaning and look see yourself, just in case.post #575 of 10523/20/13 at 6:53ampost #576 of 10523/20/13 at 6:56ampost #577 of 10523/20/13 at 7:31am
re caffeine withdrawal: i think it *can* contribute to headaches. my midwife said it's ok to have a little bit of coffee. i have about 1/2 - 1 cup of coffee, regular or decaf, every few days. i'm really glad i don't have to cut it out completely!post #578 of 10523/20/13 at 7:53amQuote:
QUITE random, right??
But I have pre term labor symptoms in second trimester so I'm all about preventing that in any way possible.post #579 of 10523/20/13 at 9:32amI was getting killer headaches every night for a while, so I did try Tylenol a few times with zero effect. I realized one day that maybe it was the iron in my prenatals doing it, as I got terrible headaches from iron supplements last time i took them, and my headache was coming on after dinner, when I'd have my vitamin. I've stopped taking them, and lo and behold, no more monster headaches! My MW said it's fine to discontinue them, and I'm scared to try again so I'll probably abstain for a while.post #580 of 10523/20/13 at 10:36am
I hear you guys on the headaches and coffee (withdrawal possibility)... Pre-pregnancy, I was only a one mug a day coffee drinker but when I started TTC, I gradually weaned myself to 1/2 a mug/day and then switched to black tea (which I love) but wanted to get completely off the caffeine so I stopped that as well. I was alright for a little while but would get headaches on and off (which I contribute to the caffeine withdrawal - I had this happen before when I quit coffee a few times), so... the last few days I've started to allow myself just a 1/3 of a mug and that seems to do the trick (midwife said it's alright as long as I make sure to eat something while drinking it - kind of to dilute it in a way). This fix is probably all in my head (with only having such a small amount each morning) but it's working, so I'm happy about that. Although, I'd really like to switch to no coffee/caffeine at all because I know it's not good for the baby... I would love to drink some good pregnancy teas instead but the headaches I get just knock me out...
Anyone drinking raspberry leaf or nettle tea or ... yet??
- How are you feeling?
- Liberated From Prenatal "Care"
- › Homebirth mamas - does anyone watch a series called "Call the... 1 minute ago
- › Anyone know of St Bernardine Medical Center in San Bernardino, Ca... 8 minutes ago
- › Trilingual - questions about how and choosing the third language 13 minutes ago
- › Pregnant? Help please :( 25 minutes ago
- › The loss of affection 35 minutes ago
- › What to do for 3.5 year year old that just lost mom & almost lost... 39 minutes ago
- › Am I slightly stupid or did anyone else read this forum wrong? 42 minutes ago
- › Possible move to Seattle... 45 minutes ago
- › Anyone a Lionbridge Internet Assessor? 48 minutes ago
- › nt scan? 49 minutes ago
- › Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag by matope
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by matope
- › Bebe Au Lait Nursing Cover by matope
- › Lansinoh Lanolin for Breastfeeding Mothers 2 oz (56 g) by matope
- › Philips AVENT Washable Nursing Pads, 6 Count by matope
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by matope
- › TRADITIONAL MEDICINALS TEAS Mother's Milk Tea 16 bags by matope
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by matope
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by matope
- › Glamourmom Nursing Bra Tank by matope
- › Pause for Presence: A Personal Reflection by Marcy Axness
- › Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book,... by Melanie Mayo
- › Why We Homeschool by Melanie Mayo
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo