Man the few hours before sleep I am crazy thirsty. Like parched, gotta guzzle. I get up 2-3 times in the night. :/
- topicHealthy Pregnancytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- productMorning Sickness Magic 60 Capsulestagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- topicPregnancytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- topicPregnancy Questionstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- topicPregnancy Week By Weektagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- productSecrets to Relieving Morning Sickness: What Every Pregnant Woman Must Knowtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
Popular Group Discussions
All done or more kids? 23 posts | Last post on November 24, 2013 at 2:19 pm
Related Forum Threads
- Coffee during pregnancy Last post on 6/6/13 at 9:14am in I'm Pregnant
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
- Giardia while pregnant? Last post on 9/17/13 at 6:35am in I'm Pregnant
- Pregnancy Symptoms? Last post on 11/6/13 at 4:15pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- Please Help me to Refuse a NST Last post on 9/1/13 at 4:31pm in I'm Pregnant
Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?
Last edited: 8/5/13
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and PregnancyLast edited: 11/25/13
- Gurmukh's Postpartum WisdomLast edited: 8/9/13
- Use of Marijuana During PregnancyLast edited: 6/20/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
How are you feeling? - Page 32post #621 of 17193/24/13 at 6:25ampost #622 of 17193/24/13 at 6:44amHoly smoke, ladies, I am sitting in front of the wall heater in my bedroom trying to warm up; I had the worst bout of chills ever in my life last night! My teeth chattered, whole body shook and I felt I'd never be warm again.
I tried to wake DH but couldn't get either of us out of the sleep fog. I just ended up wrapping myself around him until I fell asleep again. TG my little girl climbed into our bed later; between the three of us it was warm enough that the chills stopped. It sounds mild when describing it now, but it was genuinely terrifying. I felt I would never be warm again.post #623 of 17193/24/13 at 7:05ampost #624 of 17193/24/13 at 9:02amQuote:
i do the same. with the same result.Quote:Originally Posted by cmu204
Holy smoke, ladies, I am sitting in front of the wall heater in my bedroom trying to warm up; I had the worst bout of chills ever in my life last night! My teeth chattered, whole body shook and I felt I'd never be warm again.
I tried to wake DH but couldn't get either of us out of the sleep fog. I just ended up wrapping myself around him until I fell asleep again. TG my little girl climbed into our bed later; between the three of us it was warm enough that the chills stopped. It sounds mild when describing it now, but it was genuinely terrifying. I felt I would never be warm again.
that DOES sound scary. was that the only time so far, or have you been getting more chills since P?
cause that's the case for me. i get REALLY cold, colder than ever before. my teeth chatter and my whole body shivers. i make sure to bring enough extra layers to work and i'm also keeping a heating pad in my desk there - just "in case". i'm actually using it on a regular basis.post #625 of 17193/24/13 at 12:46pmNope, *no* symptoms other than chills. I used Dr Google this morning, so Im pretty certain it is not an infection or anything like that. But it's just like vc said -- whole body shakes and I am colder than ever before.
I do remember getting like this a couple of times during my last pregnancy, and once or twice after, but never at any other time in my life. It's so weird!post #626 of 17193/24/13 at 9:08pmpost #627 of 17193/24/13 at 11:58pmQuote:
Make sure you are flossing everyday. When I was feeling really yucky and only brushing my teeth at night my gums started to bleed. Once I started to brush twice a day and floss every night the bleeding reduced drastically. Also swish with a mixture if half peroxide and half water after flossing. Helps big time.post #628 of 17193/25/13 at 12:01ampost #629 of 17193/25/13 at 12:13amI feel parched out of no where! Middle of the night, while out running errands, evening, etc. I get cotton mouth right away. Sometimes adding a little lemon juice or a splash of juice helps to quench my thirst better. It's supposed to also slow down how quickly it passes through your kidneys so you use the liquids better.post #630 of 17193/25/13 at 2:19ampost #631 of 17193/25/13 at 3:33ampost #632 of 17193/25/13 at 3:36ampost #633 of 17193/25/13 at 8:03ampost #634 of 17193/25/13 at 8:26ampost #635 of 17193/25/13 at 8:49ampost #636 of 17193/25/13 at 8:58ampost #637 of 17193/25/13 at 9:25amnettlesoup - I don't know, some times I feel better if I actually vomit than I do if I fight it and end up nauseous all day! Hard to say which is worse. Both suck!
I know we're supposed to take in a lot more water when pregnant, so that's what I've been attributing to my needing to drink in the middle of the night. That, and the fact that pregnancy tends to make me always a little bit congested, so I wake up and realize I slept with my mouth open half the time. Blech. Water in the morning makes me nauseous as well so I drink cranberry juice (the bitterness seems to help keep my stomach calmer).
Okay, maybe a TMI alert is needed here... but have any of you started having hemmorrhoid problems yet? I didn't have any with DS until after labour but this time... MAN. I had a stomach bug last weekend/early last week and ever since then... ugh. It's awful. I see my doctor tomorrow and am hoping she can offer something to give me some relief!post #638 of 17193/25/13 at 9:26ampost #639 of 17193/25/13 at 9:44am
I wish actually vomiting made me feel better, but it usually doesn't. The only thing that helps is knocking myself out with benadryl or something.
Since my body's blood volume is so high and I have retched so violently, I burst a lot of blood vessels around my mouth and eyes. I look so bad! Sorry if that's TMI. I don't usually wear foundation but I think I might this week. I have surprised myself with this vanity.
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
- › Getting ready for natural birth 1 minute ago
- › Moms of Many 3 minutes ago
- › When did morning sickness start? 3 minutes ago
- › Book ideas for the 13-year-old boy... 5 minutes ago
- › Not so good news- enlarged yolk sac 8 minutes ago
- › Names yet? 10 minutes ago
- › Requesting a tiny bit of support... or a smack on the head 10 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant & Parenting October, November & December 2013! 11 minutes ago
- › Location of movement in breech birth vs. vertex 14 minutes ago
- › 24 week appt. 16 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo