Heartburn is awful near the end! I have a friend who had to sleep upright in a chair for her last month of pregnancy due to heartburn. I had to rely on Gaviscon and avoid curry at all costs! I hope the weather isn't too hot for you this time, I can imagine that being very uncomfortable. Most of my last pregnancy was during the winter so I had no problems at all, and I didn't feel the cold as much either, so it was ideal. And I'm not worried this time around because it's not very warm here anyway, unless we get a real summer for once!
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- topicHealthy Pregnancytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productMorning Sickness Magic 60 Capsulestagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Questionstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Week By Weektagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productSecrets to Relieving Morning Sickness: What Every Pregnant Woman Must Knowtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Coffee during pregnancy Last post on 6/6/13 at 9:14am in I'm Pregnant
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
- Giardia while pregnant? Last post on 9/17/13 at 6:35am in I'm Pregnant
- Pregnancy Symptoms? Last post on 11/6/13 at 4:15pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- Please Help me to Refuse a NST Last post on 9/1/13 at 4:31pm in I'm Pregnant
Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?
Last edited: 8/5/13
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and PregnancyLast edited: 11/25/13
- Gurmukh's Postpartum WisdomLast edited: 8/9/13
- Use of Marijuana During PregnancyLast edited: 6/20/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
How are you feeling? - Page 41post #802 of 17194/16/13 at 8:14amQuote:
Yep, that was my last pregnancy. And while being upright did keep the heartburn from waking me up at night but it didn't help during the day. Though oddly enough, I didn't find certain foods set it off - it had to do with how frequently I ate. I had to eat almost constantly to keep the heartburn down, but couldn't eat too much or it made it worse. I'm hoping it doesn't get that bad this time! I've started getting heartburn a bit in the last few weeks but I think it is milder and starting later than it did last time. So I'm hopefulpost #803 of 17194/16/13 at 10:15amQuote:
This is how I've been feeling on and off since the beginning of 2nd trimester. I don't always get headaches everyday but when I do it usually persists for several days. I go to sleep after a day of suffering, hoping to wake up with relief, only to wake feeling miserable again. I haven't allowed myself to take any medication, I usually just try to stay hydrated and get some rest.post #804 of 17194/16/13 at 2:22pmpost #805 of 17194/16/13 at 2:27pmpost #806 of 17194/16/13 at 2:56pmSwissmiss- I have felt mine in a hard lump but have no sensation of it being a Braxton hicks ctx. But, when I feel that sensation (all you 2nd time and more moms know what I'm talking about) my uterus is like a rock. Pretty uncomfortable but not painful. They did start in the early 20 weeks with my dd (my first). So I guess I should have expected them sooner. I can almost always feel my heart pounding. Especially if I haven't drank enough water, which also ramps up any Braxton hicks ctx I have. Soo in short... I really need to drink tons of water! No crusty colostrum nipples yet here.post #807 of 17194/16/13 at 3:13pmpost #808 of 17194/16/13 at 4:01pmpost #809 of 17194/16/13 at 8:41pmpost #810 of 17194/16/13 at 11:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jennyanydots
No crusties here, it my DS is still nursing and it can be so incredibly painful. I have to take a deep breath when he starts each time. I don't think he's getting much milk right now, and he has slowed down some, but he doesn't seem to be too concerned by the low supply.
Yep. It's very close to the same terrible pain and soreness I got with DD for around 6mo postpartum. Really really unfair and horrible to think that when this baby goes to nurse I'll be in this horrid pain until the hormones subside. That was the hardest part about nursing and quite frankly-- I don't know if I can do it again! I thought since my nipples are very much toughened up that this wouldn't be an issue. Can any moms here relate? I'm really worried this soreness will continue because it feels so similar!
I'm getting some insomnia again and am soooooooo tired all day long. I couldn't take a nap because I had a ton of work-- freelancing with this sort if fatigue is HARD! But I'm doing my best! Anyone else waking constantly? I had to pee twice last night! *yawn*
I'm also getting some gum issues that are getting worse. I am using a waterpik everyday to do extra duty with my gums! I'm really feeling of my diet was strict with zero junk (omg I had a few donuts over the past few days! Baaaad!) that my overall discomforts would lessen. If I could JUST get there! I am eating wheat/processed foods more then once a week. Mostly going out to eat. ;(post #811 of 17194/17/13 at 1:59am
I've been getting restless legs at night a bit more which has been a little annoying. I'll need to buy some epsom salts to sort that out.
Now that wedding stuff is over I am concentrating on eating a lot better, and am using a few recommendations from Nourishing Traditions. My morning smoothies now have an egg yolk from my hens in it, and I'm trying to make bone broth more often. I made some yesterday and will be using it to make nettle soup. I've yet to come off the sugar, but that's a work in progress! Oh, and I'm finally getting my fermented cod liver oil capsules down me. I've also been looking into good pregnancy exercises which I really need to make a start on. Can you tell I'm feeling much better!post #812 of 17194/17/13 at 9:14am
nettlesoup, glad you are feeling better! You give me hope. I managed to make it 3 days without throwing up, so I tried taking yesterday off of zofran. I got really nauseous last night and threw up 3 times this morning. Guess I still need the medicine. I'm 19 weeks.
Only my left nipple is crusty. It comes off easily in the shower though. I think only my left is making colostrum. This might make me worried later. I had surgery to remove a fibroadenoma from my right boob several years ago, so I worry that will keep things from working quite right or just make things extra painful.
I had some heart racing and a momentary disturbing heart thumping during the first trimester. I haven't had any of those symptoms for a while though. I think it was related to dehydration. My doctor said it was normal, but if I had multiple incidences in the space of one week, she might consider sending me to a cardiologist.
Sorry I have been missing for a while. I'm out of town at the moment.post #813 of 17194/17/13 at 12:40pm
is anyone still suffering from insomnia?
i am going insane (insaner)....
i usually get up to pee at 3 ish & then cannot fall back asleep.
for the past 2 months i have been reading from 3-4 am (sometimes 3-5 am) every night.
the problem is by mid afternoon i am totally exhausted & need a nap to function.
i wish i could sleep after my pee break :(post #814 of 17194/17/13 at 12:52pmI am. It isn't too bad right now, but when I wake up it takes a long time to go back to sleep. If I force myself to lay down and close my eyes it's better, but my mind is so active that it's difficult... So then I start checking email on my phone, etc, and before I know it an hour has passed. Lame.post #815 of 17194/17/13 at 1:36pmQuote:
Same here - also felt like a horizontal tightening at the same time. Not painful or intense or worrying, just a totally different sensation from anything else I've felt before.post #816 of 17194/17/13 at 4:00pm
I'm having restless nights, too. I got so frustrated from being hot, from a mosquito biting me, from my partner taking up all the space, from getting up to pee 5 times, etc., that I pretty much threw a temper tantrum and kicked all the sheets and pillows off the bed and yelled. My partner just got up and went to sleep in the spare bed without saying anything, and I took a cold shower and was finally able to get some sleep. I've been taking a cold shower every night now before I go to bed and that seems to help some, but I'm still having pretty restless nights.post #817 of 17194/18/13 at 5:14am
^^ Yikes Mamita, I don't think I've had it that rough but most nights I do find it difficult to fall asleep. Its so frustrating that my husband falls asleep like 2-3 hrs before I can. Sometimes we get in bed at the same time with intentions to sleep and after an hour or two I give up on trying to sleep and end up on the computer, phone, or reading. I have to wait till I'm out of my mind exhausted, sometimes to the point of tears till I can fall asleep. Most nights I'm up until 2 or 3, on really bad nights later. In the morning, I'm usually up at 7am with my husband who gets ready for work. I cook and usually eat, read or use computer for a while then end up passed out until afternoon. This is the same cycle almost every day. I really would like to regulate it, like maybe going for walks in the morning instead of late afternoon like I usually do but I'm usually not motivated in the morning to make it out of the house.
post #818 of 17194/18/13 at 5:55ampost #819 of 17194/18/13 at 9:57ampost #820 of 17194/18/13 at 10:19am
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
- › Crafting for Baby 10 seconds ago
- › Gestational diabetes test 5 minutes ago
- › Have you bought anything yet? 6 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Photo Contest Sponsored by Sacred Pregnancy, Nordic... 8 minutes ago
- › BUMPS and Belly Shots!! 10 minutes ago
- › Anyone else's milk dried up? 15 minutes ago
- › Let's list good ways to keep 3-4 year-olds busy indoors! 16 minutes ago
- › Action Alert: RI proposes worst vaccine regulations ever 22 minutes ago
- › pregnancy weight gain question 24 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Wolf Moon 26 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea