My sleep has been fine too. Although I do have to get up to pee at least once, and I'll have to roll over a few times due to sore hips. But other than that I'm fine.
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- topicHealthy Pregnancytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productMorning Sickness Magic 60 Capsulestagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Questionstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Week By Weektagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productSecrets to Relieving Morning Sickness: What Every Pregnant Woman Must Knowtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Coffee during pregnancy Last post on 6/6/13 at 9:14am in I'm Pregnant
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
- Giardia while pregnant? Last post on 9/17/13 at 6:35am in I'm Pregnant
- Pregnancy Symptoms? Last post on 11/6/13 at 4:15pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- Please Help me to Refuse a NST Last post on 9/1/13 at 4:31pm in I'm Pregnant
Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?
Last edited: 8/5/13
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and PregnancyLast edited: 11/25/13
- Gurmukh's Postpartum WisdomLast edited: 8/9/13
- Use of Marijuana During PregnancyLast edited: 6/20/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
How are you feeling? - Page 42post #822 of 17194/18/13 at 12:40pm
Yikes lots of sleeping issues over here too... but I am tired no matter HOW much I get. I try to at least lay down around 5pm everyday. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.
Went to Starbucks to treat myself to a latte. Man, I thought I'd be safe with half-caff, now I just feel like a bad mama. I am feeling tweaked out, nauseous and just got a major headache. UGH!!!! Anyone know how to counteract this? I might have to go lay down now... I feel terrible! I cannot BELIEVE how much caffeine Starbucks must have in their espresso-- I've been having a small cup of regular coffee for about 2 weeks now with zero issues.post #823 of 17194/23/13 at 7:57pm
i'm only completing my fourth month this week and am already starting to get uncomfortable. sleeping, moving around, getting in and out of my car, being at work. i walked to my car today after work and felt so slow and heavy.
i'm also easier to lose my balance at the moment. i'm a little afraid of falling because of that.
how's everybody else doing? am i the only one still complaining?post #824 of 17194/23/13 at 8:42pmpost #825 of 17194/23/13 at 10:33pmQuote:
It is my first. Ha yes, I guess having been through it before puts things into perspective!post #826 of 17194/24/13 at 1:51ampost #827 of 17194/24/13 at 4:38ampost #828 of 17194/24/13 at 9:44amQuote:
Serafina33 - this is exactly how I feel, especially over the last week or so! At my last appointment (17 wks, I'm now 19 wks), I asked my midwife when I could expect to be nice and round because I had this little baby bump way down low and almost an indent above that and then right around my belly button another bump that's a lot bigger than my lower 'official' baby bump. She confirmed that the bump around my belly button (expanding all around it) is just ME, my intestines, etc. and FAT! I've always had a rather flat stomach so when this bump of mine started I was a little disappointed that fat decided to deposit itself there, but I guess that's normal?
This is one of the reasons I haven't posted pics in the belly photo thread as I feel that the bump that is showing is all me and not really the baby bump, if you know what I mean... It sure will be nice when the baby moves up and fills in the space and I can confidently say that the bump is my baby and not my fat belly (well, plus intestines, etc.)! UGH!! Although, the past couple of days, I can tell that it's moving up and hopefully soon, it will be nice and round and I can proudly stick it out! I'm thinking I should do some tummy exercises as the fat thing is really bugging me but I was worried about what I can and can't do during pregnancy (I think I noticed a thread about this, I need to check that out and the belly binding thing, I'm really behind here).
nettlesoup - I'm glad to hear that your morning sickness has left the building. You must be so relieved:) Now, onto the big and uncomfortable phase huh!?!
Some days I feel like I've got a huge basketball in my tummy and wonder how it's going to feel as I get bigger and Bigger and BIGGER! In the evening seems to be the worst for me, I feel so heavy and uncomfortable, stretching/pulling types of feelings, especially when standing/walking, gets better when I sit or lay down but I hate to be upright at night which makes it hard to do my part in the kitchen. DH has been so awesome doing 95% of the dinners and basically everything in the first trimester, I was hoping to pick up the slack in the 2nd trimester but with how I feel at night, I haven't been doing so well...post #829 of 17194/24/13 at 10:54ampost #830 of 17194/24/13 at 11:08ampost #831 of 17194/24/13 at 11:41am
cmu204 - a support belt like that sounds awesome, would love to smooth out the double bump syndrome! I kind of worry about putting too much pressure on the little one, restricting movement or growth or something (I'm so new to all this, don't laugh)... So, it's OK to wear one? What kind?? Also, concerned about what nettle mentioned about the possibility of weakening of the stomach muscles...?
I wonder the same thing after having the baby and doing the belly binding thing, won't that make my muscles lazy and dependent on alternative support? I really need to research some safe stomach exercises but right now I am heading to the gym (first time in almost 3 months - oh the shame - I've only been walking and doing a little prenatal yoga - what a lazy bones I've become)!!Time for change!!!post #832 of 17194/24/13 at 12:37pmMy doctor recommended the belt, so I assume (naively, perhaps) that it's all good. Haven't heard about it weakening ab muscles; mine were pretty weak already, so that would seem to be something of a catch-22, wouldn't it?
On the other hand, I don't wear it all the time - just when I feel the need for a little more support. I suppose if you wore it constantly, you'd be more likely to end up with weaker muscles. Anyone know more?post #833 of 17194/24/13 at 1:33pmpost #834 of 17194/24/13 at 2:05pmpost #835 of 17194/24/13 at 2:20pm
Thankfully I've yet to have that problem!
I'm pretty sure I have diastasis recti, which is annoying but expected. So I've started doing exercises to strengthen my abdominal muscles in hope that it won't get too bad. Other than that I've been feeling pretty good apart from the usual tiredness and lack of energy. And this is my first successful day of no sugar, so I hope I continue without any problems!post #836 of 17194/24/13 at 4:21pm
Still peeing a lot here. Sleeping is OK so long as I stretch at night and use a pillow between my knees. I feel like there is a brick or 3 in my stomach sometimes though. Moving around (like rolling over) is difficult kind of. I get tired easily if I'm out in the heat, but I'm finding I'm less sleepy than a month ago. 21 weeks, 2 days today.post #837 of 17194/24/13 at 4:58pm
Feeling some MAJOR cramping today. I had a b12 shot yesterday and am now worrying that it is causing issues. I am pretty stressed out with work too, but what else is new? I am so sad about aoifesmiles post and this gloomy weather is making it worse.
I'm also terribly itchy down in the lady parts and I seriously think the toilet paper is irritating the who-ha as my DH calls it lol. I think I pee like 8+ times a day and this could easily cause irritation! I wonder if the cottonelle wipes would help? And my gums keep bleeding randomly GROSS!
Anyone else getting BH (I'm guessing?) already? This sucks.post #838 of 17194/24/13 at 6:50pmTillymonster, have you tried family cloth? I made a bunch of wipes for DS from old flannel sheets, and I so prefer them over tp (for pee only, sorry if tmi). Might feel better for you.
I'm feeling good lately. Still a little trouble sleeping, and nursing is super painful, but over all no real complaints. I love the second trimesterpost #839 of 17194/24/13 at 7:13pm
On the subject of belts and external supports: in general, i.e. for other joints/muscle groups, I recommend to my clients that they use external support only when they need it and we try to work towards them not needing it. There are times when it is useful and necessary (an acute injury for example) but usually where muscle control is concerned as a long term goal you would want the muscles to do the work, not the external device.
So if a client were to ask me about it my answer would be: use it while pregnant and after pregnancy work towards strengthening so you don't need it anymore. That could mean use it only 23 hours a day instead of 24 and then slowly back off an hour at a time without even adding any other "stress", meaning abdominal exercises etc. Using the belt while doing ab exercises could be useful but again then the key would be to slowly progress to doing ab exercises with less external support.
tillymonster: are you flossing? my dental hygienist mentioned something about a link between gum disease and premature labor so I'm pretty religious about it.
kalihekate: I would describe mine more as a giant floppy water balloon that sloshes around when I switch sides.
AFM: the skin over my stomach is starting to feel taut, a bit uncomfortable but bearable, I'm massaging it with oil every night now to help it stay moisturized. I've got a huge vertical keloid scar on my stomach that I worry about but so far it's been fine. Sleep? I slept really well on the couch but I'm not so desperate yet that I'm moving there permanently. I still like to have DH's company at night.post #840 of 17194/24/13 at 8:06pm
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
- › Belly Pictures! 18 seconds ago
- › time4learning, experiences with it? 1 minute ago
- › new here 8 minutes ago
- › Hello! Happy to find this wonderful community! 15 minutes ago
- › Severely Irritable Uterus 20 minutes ago
- › Pregnant with Twins (or more!) 2014! 37 minutes ago
- › New here and need help :/ 44 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 46 minutes ago
- › Little Girls Growing Up- Whats to much and whats ok 49 minutes ago
- › fundal height 49 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher