Recent Images In This Thread
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 1/3/13
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone get BFP using IVF Donor sperm for home insemination? Last post on Yesterday at 3:29 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Just started TTC! Has anyone not notice any symptoms right away, but ended being pregnant?! Last post on 4/13/14 at 8:15am in Trying To Conceive
- 13 dpo and trying to stay positive with a negative Last post on 4/11/14 at 1:26pm in Trying To Conceive
- First Response question: take apart, underside of plastic strip Last post on 4/12/14 at 2:03pm in Trying To Conceive
- Nursing Mama's TTC - April 2014 Last post on Today at 8:23 am in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition - Page 65post #1281 of 15195/11/13 at 12:13ampost #1282 of 15195/11/13 at 6:40ampost #1283 of 15195/11/13 at 8:35ampost #1284 of 15195/11/13 at 7:41pmpost #1285 of 15195/11/13 at 9:07pmpost #1286 of 15195/12/13 at 8:00ampost #1287 of 15195/12/13 at 8:53ampost #1288 of 15195/12/13 at 10:55ampost #1289 of 15195/12/13 at 11:41ampost #1290 of 15195/12/13 at 1:07pmpost #1291 of 15195/12/13 at 2:32pmpost #1292 of 15195/12/13 at 5:25pmThank you all soooooooooo much for the beads- it was a rough day for me- perfect for the support! I saw a "big sister" tee shirt reveal on Facebook -- one that I've been dreading (there are only a few that really get to me, this was one... I could go on about why but suffice it to say it's a really hard one for me for many reasons). So it was really great to feel the love!
Adie, hope you're doing ok!
AFM, a quick question that I'd LOVE to get opinions on! So... I'm slated to leave on the 24th (for like 6 weeks). My beta is scheduled for the 23rd (14dpo). Of course, I feel like I'll know by then if it's negative, and of course that's what I'm expecting. But what if it's not? I couldn't even get a repeat! I was thinking of asking for the 21st, I'm going in anyway for an apt with the new doc, but I'll only be 12 dpo. There's pretty limited circumstances where getting a beta 12 and 14 would provide more info than a 14, and I'm flying 15dpo regardless. I have no idea what coverage I'd have in Oregon, and won't be paying for anything out of pocket, iykwim. Maybe I could go rogue like Sila and do no testing for those 6weeks- a grand experiment! But after so many losses... Love to hear advice! (Cross that bridge when you get to it is valid advice!!)post #1293 of 15195/12/13 at 6:00pmpost #1294 of 15195/12/13 at 6:19pmJpack I agree with SKJ! mentally and emotionally will it bug you if you don't try and get two tests before you leave? I mean project forward to how you would feel a week after leaving with no AF... Then do whatever will work for you... Will dh be traveling with you this time? If not even more reason to get two before you leave.post #1295 of 15195/12/13 at 7:26pm
jpack- Your health insurance will still be good in Oregon. I would just look up if they have quest diagnostics or labcorp (or similar) around where you will be. HCG can be drawn anywhere :) The idea of going rogue is inticing but you want realistic expectations as well. I'd think that serial betas at a minimum would put your mind at ease. I'm hopeful for the results this month!
Shell- waiting with baited breath for whatever you are thinking about sharing!post #1296 of 15195/12/13 at 7:30pmpost #1297 of 15195/12/13 at 7:51pmChrissy. Great sentiment. Happy mothers day! I hope your mom is feeling OK.
Shell....what!! Omg what.
Jpak. I'd do early...so you can get the 2nd.but if not yeah. What Tf said. Ask your doc here to write you a script for a draw. They should be able to honor it at a lab where you are and get the results to your ordering docs office.
Skj. Sisters are do sweet. Matching dresses and giggles....doing each others hair for dress up and prom and weddings...so happy for you.
Tf. Nice post.
Adie..hoping you are OK and getting lots of hugs.
Daurelia good luck at your appt. Tomorrow. Remember there are different options for anesthesia and you can and should meet with an anesthesiologist before your procedure that's the person to discuss your options and concerns with.
Chourd. I am glad you two had a fun day!! We have to remember to do that even when this TTC thing threatens to consume us.
Happy mothers day to us all
AFM. Took my last femara and feeling heavy bloated and I had some cramping and spotting. Now just waiting for morning to get dh at the airport. I had a great day but overindulged at lunch yuck. Eating out has become a rare treat here in the nowhere zone.
It sounds like everyone is as charmed by their beads as I am. I am looking at mine now.
Goodnight all.post #1298 of 15195/13/13 at 6:56ampost #1299 of 15195/13/13 at 7:23ampost #1300 of 15195/13/13 at 7:59am
Awww...you Ladies are making me tear up with all those lovely beads, really wish I could have been part of it, but who knows when it would get to Africa when its taking such a long time to get to all of you who are close by?
Daurellia: Ughh I know how you feel. Some people just dont get it. I remember that this happened to me last year when a client who met me earlier on actually believed I was pregnant, and even when I tried to tell him I wasnt, he wouldnt believe me. Later on in the year, he called to inquire about some things then proceeded to ask about my baby . I simply changed the topic and hung up soon after, didnt know what else to do!
Adiejan: Sorry I misspelled your name earlier on. How are you feeling? Hope you are a lot better?
Sila: Hmmm...that US...more on that later.
Shell: Fingers tightly crossed Lady, I like to imagine a lot more miracles happening in this forum from now on!
TF: The furs do just fine right now TF, and I know you have been a wonderful mum to them all!
Jpack: Well I think you should just go with what gives you the most peaceful feeling dear!
Chuord: I like the relaxed vibe, I tell you it works. Fx for this cycle!
SKJ: No, that little sister must stay put until its time. Try not to get too anxious, and think good thoughts. Stay in there little sister...
Sherry: Nice to see you are back to your usual bubbly self, that's the spirit
Indie: how are you doing dear?
Chrissy: Those wishes really warmed my heart, thanks!
AFM: I had my first ultrasound scan today, and LO is doing very well. I could not upload a picture becos its not clear enough. I almost had a fit with the sono guy when after the scan he handed a slip with just my LO's measurement and due date written on it. First, I asked him to measure the rate of HB for me, which he argued was not necessary (and ended up not doing it argh!), then he did not give me a picture of the scan! I asked him why and he simply said it was not in their practice to do so and that my Dr would not need it (seriously? how about me?). I almost had a fit explaining to him that I needed it to show my DH who could not make it to the scan, and he just went on and on about how I should have told him in the first place that I needed a picture of the scan .
Well, I finally got him to do it, and I am never ever going back to that place again! And there was only one LO in there, even though DD has earnestly been praying for 2, to give her more playmates!
And just for the records, I want to state here that I found out I seemed to have two problems which gave me IF issues: First was my ovulation dates which seemed to confuse me a lot, and Second was my EWCM which seemed almost non-existent. The former I was able to pin down through follicular tracking and OPKs (never could use the BBT), and the second I corrected by taking a brand of Robitussin which we have over here, this one consists of honey and glycerin. I started taking it 5 days to my expected ovul date, and BOY, did I have EWCM!
I just thought to post this to help any one who might be going through the same issues. Interestingly, I learned about all these solutions in the MDC boards which I frequently surfed., and apparently they worked (not forgetting the miracle part of course!).
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › Is anyone else having spotting? 3 minutes ago
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 7 minutes ago
- › BUMPS and Belly Shots!! 12 minutes ago
- › ~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~April 2014 14 minutes ago
- › Antibiotics for baby Eczema 17 minutes ago
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 20 minutes ago
- › Nomadic, Boho, Vegan, Witchy Mama of 2 & TTC 20 minutes ago
- › Can we discuss punishment and control? 21 minutes ago
- › Any tips for how to find a live/in-person community of expectant or... 21 minutes ago
- › Get a free stash! 23 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding my Tribe After the Death of my Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool
- › Mayim Bialik Opens Up About Her Breastfeeding... by Melanie Mayo
- › Freedom Together: Mothering Mavens Try Out... by Melanie Mayo