Recent Images In This Thread
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 1/3/13
Related Forum Threads
- Light periods Last post on 3/11/14 at 11:00pm in Trying To Conceive
- Baby aspirin Last post on Yesterday at 12:04 pm in Trying To Conceive
- DHEA? Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:09am in Trying To Conceive
- Success stories after vasectomy reversal? Last post on 3/10/14 at 11:07am in Trying To Conceive
- Tell me about the time you dug your FRER out of the trash and found... Last post on 3/10/14 at 5:49pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition - Page 76post #1502 of 15196/1/13 at 9:10am
Sila, yay for such a lovely little ultrasound pic! I'm thrilled things are going well!!! Double yay for no. more. shots!
Shell! So nice to "see" you. I'm happy to hear you are getting rid of the stressful job (you know I can commiserate), and for a stress-free life! What a great thing!!!
Indie, I'm so glad that you aren't having any side effects . . . there's only so much a girl can put up with already!!
SKJ, oh girl, I hear you. Crazy to be talking about L&D and preparing in some many ways. I'm a little freaked out, but also super excited and optimistic. I really like our doula (she's very grandmother-ly, which suits me perfectly). I'm excited for you!
Chuord, I'm so sorry for your loss and having to go through this experience. :(post #1503 of 15196/1/13 at 3:06pmThanks bebe! So exciting that its so close for you now!!! Wishing you the delivery you desire! And of course that pefect baby...
Thanks sparkle!!! I should have updated you and dahlia - lol but I didn't think it was exciting enough... I'm doing ok, everything settled back to normal quite fast... And the doc gave me the all clear to get back into it 😄 so hopefully I'll be joining your side of the fence soon xxxpost #1504 of 15196/1/13 at 5:55pmpost #1505 of 15196/1/13 at 6:15pmpost #1506 of 15196/1/13 at 6:44pmChuord- sending strength your way as you process your loss. Have you read spirit babies? I haven't read it but I know there's parts that talk about a lost babies spirit remaining for the next body. So you could be right, the shell is gone & your little man is still waiting for the next turn.post #1507 of 15196/1/13 at 8:40pmpost #1508 of 15196/1/13 at 9:03pm
Good evening ladies!
Chuord - I'm so sorry about the crummy outcome, but I completely believe what you said about the spirit just waiting. There was some account I read in a great book about midwivery when I was pregnant with DD about that concept - I think it was an account from a child who told his mother after she had a m/c that it was ok because the baby just wanted to spend a little more time dancing with the other baby spirits before coming into this world. Something to that effect. I hope your cycles recover quickly and you get pregnant with a sticky one!
Indie, thanks - more about teaching below. I hope you're doing well - close to O?
TF YYYAAAYYYY! I don't think I congratulated you yet! I'm so, so happy for you! I have to say, I was NOT believing those negatives!
Sila - Love the pic, very, very cool! So excited about the end of PIO for you and hope you're starting to feel good (?).
SKJ sounds like you've been challenged by the stress but it hasn't gotten you. I am glad you're still exploring trusting your body - it's so hard after all this!
Chrissy - How's it all going? Hang in there, friend - I hope things are improving...
Sherry - I'm sorry about the BFN. Love to know how things are going for you now...
AFM - I have been so, so, so busy - in all the best ways! Yes, I'm really excited! I know it's a terrible and vulgar colloquialism, but I keep finding myself saying that I feel like a pig in sh*t! I LLLOOOVVVEEE teaching. And I've covered a ton of material and am getting lots of positive feedback (from all three -- yes, three of my students. My co-teacher was away all week - it was all me). I miss DH and DD, but I've only really had a hard time at one point (when DD was crying on the phone). Other than that I know that she's having an absolute blast and most of the time she's too busy to even hang out on the phone with me! It's odd being alone, with nothing but my work and catching up with old friends, but it's not too bad I'm really looking forward to them getting here Monday, but then I'll really have to focus on the balance and that will be hard. A big thing for me is getting another job application out this weekend for another dream job (still haven't heard anything from the other one - it'll be a while, so I'm told). So that's the work I need to get back to. Enough procrastination ...post #1509 of 15196/1/13 at 9:39pmThanks ladies I really appreciate it... But I just keep feeling its no big deal compared to the journeys on here... I'm just over my hormones cycling through all the emotions lol... And the chaser migraine!
Jpack I love the fact that both you and TF have the same thought re the baby spirits... It's a comforting thought to know you'll get the one that's right for you regardless 😄
So cool that you are loving your job that much - fx on the next application!
Indie - it's so nice to see you on here! Hoping you're having some well earned r&r with dh?
TF - hugs on the trying to stay brave and strong 😀😊😇 and sending those babies love! I hadn't put my beads together yet, must have known I'd need a cheer me up, and just did them... So therapeutic and soothing - like a blanket of good wishes and love! Thanks again for the gorgeous beads 😄😍😄
Sherry - any more testing?post #1510 of 15196/2/13 at 5:46pm
Bebe - So nice to see you!
Shell - Yay for no work stress!
Chuord - How's it going, dear?
Sherry - Uhm. You dropped off the face of the message boards. I'm guessing it's not good news. hugs!
indie - HI!
Jpack - So happy for you that the job is working out! Your post sounds so happy!!
Daurelia - Congrats on the new job!! Taking a break is sometimes a good thing.
Everyone else - HI!!!
AFM - Had appointment with Doctor about testing for DS. Yes, we're going forward with testing as there are "some concerns". Now to wait again until we get another appointment. Mom found out she'll be staying in the hospital from Friday until Sunday. She's getting cut across the tummy. I said it was almost like getting a c-section. They did tell her that the reason they are doing a full hyst is because if it is cancer it made no sense to take just part then have to go back in for the rest. So it's a safe then sorry thing. I'll be taking her to the docs friday and staying as long as I can. Probably visiting Saturday then bringing her home Sunday. She was told she can walk but that's it. She can't bend, squat, run, jump, clean house, do laundry, etc.post #1511 of 15196/2/13 at 6:44pmHi all.
Bfn all weekend and beyond possible now....still trying to figure out what now.
Dh is afraid that if my tubes are blocked we could be asking for trouble and that perhaps my cp was an ectopic that resolved. He thinks I should get an hsg. That is hard to do being here and trying to get to bk at the right time. Soooo just thinking. I am really just tired of being in this space.
So I dunno....sorry no personals I am exhausted and have an overnight baby that I just got to sleep.
Thinking of you all and reading along.post #1512 of 15196/2/13 at 8:43pmChrissy - yay for the progress down the path with ds, if they didn't want to test him would mean they don't think there's any issue - so I'm reading that as all good! Same with mums surgery, one less a aesthetic is a good thing... Fx it's still a bit fat nothing when they get in there though! So everyone else is getting sorted - how are you?
Sherry - I'm just being selfish, I'm hoping you find a way to keep going and stay here with us 😄 will it be easy enough to just do a couple of tests? Maybe all you need is a month or two off to regroup and enjoy being a person again - instead of a baby manufacturing plant.... Lol conversation in my head is 'oi I called for maintenance to repair the problems months ago - where are they and why is production still out' craziness aside - it's most important that you do what's right for you. Big hugs!!!
Afm - interview went well, lovely people, it's for 12 month contract to cover maternity leave lol!post #1513 of 15196/3/13 at 6:04ampost #1514 of 15196/3/13 at 7:08amThread Starter
Just wanted to say I'm so sorry for all of the bfn's and to Chuord. Hope and healing all around.
Bebe - I've been waiting for you to pop in here and let us know how you are doing since it's getting so close!
TF - So did you calculate a date?
I spent over 24hrs this weekend helping a momma get her VBAC. I'm exhausted and I'll have to catch up later.
Edited by SilaMarila - 6/3/13 at 9:36ampost #1515 of 15196/3/13 at 12:49pmpost #1516 of 15196/3/13 at 2:32pmThread Starterpost #1517 of 15196/3/13 at 6:24pmpost #1518 of 15196/3/13 at 8:01pm
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Wolf Moon 55 seconds ago
- › 4mo Old Doesn't Love Carrier 10 minutes ago
- › ~* November 2014 Roll Call *~ 12 minutes ago
- › MARCH CHALLENGE!!!! 1000 Minutes of exercise... 16 minutes ago
- › Copper IUD and Side effects 24 minutes ago
- › feeling baby move 24 minutes ago
- › March Chat/Vent 27 minutes ago
- › Healthy Skin benefits of Juice Plus+ for healthy skin 28 minutes ago
- › Need some ideas to celebrate baby 29 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions March 29 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher