Recent Images In This Thread
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 1/3/13
Related Forum Threads
- New around here! Last post on Yesterday at 5:39 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Anyone get BFP using IVF Donor sperm for home insemination? Last post on Yesterday at 6:57 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Just started TTC! Has anyone not notice any symptoms right away, but ended being pregnant?! Last post on 4/13/14 at 8:15am in Trying To Conceive
- 13 dpo and trying to stay positive with a negative Last post on 4/11/14 at 1:26pm in Trying To Conceive
- First Response question: take apart, underside of plastic strip Last post on 4/12/14 at 2:03pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition - Page 10post #181 of 15191/13/13 at 1:53pmjpack - the early days are the worst. I have a good feeling about things for you. I hope you get a nice high beta tomorrow and a triple on Wednesday to ease your mind. It sucks to not be able to enjoy the bfp as much. I can't wait for you to be into your second trimester, so you can really enjoy your pregnancy.post #182 of 15191/13/13 at 1:54pmpost #183 of 15191/13/13 at 4:18pm
Hi Ya'll... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TF CONGRATSSSSSS super excited!! .... OMG so I have a long story to tell... and sat down and thought I had time ... and DH comes in and begs me to go with him to pick up dinner UGH So I will be back in a bit.... Oh BTW I am on my second day of AF and it SUCKS!! so i didn;t get that lucky after failed ivf pregnancy :-(post #184 of 15191/13/13 at 8:08pm
Sorry I haven't been around as much as I was. But I'm always reading and keeping everyone in my thoughts.
So, I am 5w4d but I think I'm losing it. Yesterday (Saturday) I had some red spotting but no pain. Spotting went away after a few hours. I also noticed I had some pain hours before that felt like someone was pinching my left ovary area. Then today I had some more red spotting but it did come out on my undies and a smear on a pad. (TMI so sorry) Also had the pain today on my left side and when I pushed there some it hurt. Still no pain or anything. I tested with a cheapy last night and a frer this morning and they both are happily bfp's. I dunno what's going on or what to do. I didn't want to say anything until I knew it was a keeper and I wasn't going to see the doctor until about 13w. Anyhow, I thought to test tomorrow just to see. The bleeding/spotting has slowed down to almost a stop so I guess that's good.post #185 of 15191/13/13 at 8:20pmpost #186 of 15191/13/13 at 9:14pm
I don't know a lot about what's going on with everyone, as I haven't gone through and read all the posts, but... I hope all is well with you Chrissy, and SKJ-- I hope things will work themselves out for you. And jpack, good luck with the beta tomorrow!
Hey Sila! I've been rooting for you since the beginning, following you when I could on the thread(s). I hope your time comes soon!
An AFM, I had a positive OPK today, so I'm really happy that it is lining up with all my ovulatory symptoms-- it shows my body is on track. I just have to hope that my eggs don't know how old they really are...It's interesting, I have had really strong (almost painful) mittleschmertz (sp?) happening on my left side since the afternoon-- I hope that means something good! I see my RE on Wednesday to talk about next steps. I had all the usual fertility tests done in late October, but didn't go back in person to talk about the results (I did get a phone call about my prolactin levels being high)-- I'm getting my prolactin levels re-tested tomorrow-- so everything will be discussed then. Is there anything I should ask, if she tells me again that I should consider Clomid/IUI? If everything looks good with all my tests, and I just have the age-thing to worry about, maybe it might be worth it, I just don't know. (What holds me back is that everything I read says that Clomid/IUI in women over a certain age isn't a good idea... but then, statistics aren't absolutes, are they...)post #187 of 15191/14/13 at 1:06ampost #188 of 15191/14/13 at 5:09amoh chrissy. i hope this baby stays around. i will be sending lots of love and grow baby grows to your uterus. my only concern is that if you continue to experience pain that you do go to get checked out. i know after experiencing so much loss you probably don't want to see the baby til you know he/she is going to stick around and the first thing they are going to want to do is an u/s... but it might be worth it to make sure you are safe. keep us posted. we are here for you.
tenzin - i think you will have a better idea what route to take when you get your test results. i'm guess they're also running the ovarian reseve panel... that will mean more than a physical age. btw, what is your age?
chuord - you are so wonderfully supportive. i have yet to read the link you posted on energy healing but i've started my own half-assed version (ha!) and have made a commitment to myself that i will spread it through the group. thanks for getting me started
skj - results tomorrow! hoping you get some answers that will help things move along quickly!
afm - first gonal f shot last night. not bad at all.post #189 of 15191/14/13 at 6:52ampost #190 of 15191/14/13 at 7:10amchuord - Thanks! I'm feeling better today. How are things with you? I hope AF is on her way out.
Indie - Glad the shot went well! I'm excited for you. I can't wait to hear how your monitoring appointment goes.
Tenzin - Welcome! I remember your from the nursing moms thread. I'm still TTC #2. I think I'm the last one from that thread to still have not conceived. Really depressing. Are you still nursing? How long have you been ttc this time? I really have no idea what to suggest. I only have my experience. I had stopped BFing before seeking IF treatments and my prolactin was low at that time. Also, from my experience, each doctor has his/her own way of doing things based on past experience. Right now, I'm seeing a doc who is doing a natural cycle evaluation to see what hormones need tweaking. Maybe that's a way to start?
TF - Happy monday preggo!
Jpack - How are you feeling today? Is your beta today?
Chrissy - Thinking good sticky thoughts for you.
AFM - Well, AF is playing games. I am using a menstrual cup and there was a bit of red blood yesterday afternoon, but not a thing since. So, I guess that would have been more like spotting. I'm thinking AF will really show today or tomorrow. Not sure if that hurts or helps my timing dilemma. I need to call the RPL doc to make sure all the tests results are in so I don't waste a trip. But, I'm excited to get things going.
I may need to take a bit of a break for a while. All the losses and disappointments are catching up with me and the timing isn't great with so many wonderful things happening here. I don't want to be a wet blanket and I really don't want to be feeling sorry for myself, so I'm thinking that a little break may be in order. Not sure yet.
ETA - all test results are in so I will find out my fate tomorrow.
Edited by SKJ2011 - 1/14/13 at 7:46ampost #191 of 15191/14/13 at 8:30amSkj - good luck tomorrow. A break is always helpful to put things in perspective.
Indie - glad the shot went well.
Afm - spotting sropped last night but had some this morning. Also tested and since i'm on phone I can't post pic but you should see how amazingly dark it is.Dh is off work come thursday so if I'm still spotting I'll call to see what they want to do. Will be 6w Wednesday.post #192 of 15191/14/13 at 8:39ampost #193 of 15191/14/13 at 9:20ampost #194 of 15191/14/13 at 9:21amOh Chrissy, I'm so hopeful for you! Yes, that's one dark test! Mine sure as heck don't look like that!! You have a wondfo to show? I'd love to see a dark one of those, because I'm so mad at mine which haven't progressed in a couple days... Ug.
I'm really, really hoping this is it!! I was going to ask this earlier- straight curiosity not suggesting or anything but have you ever been on progesterone?post #195 of 15191/14/13 at 10:02amI got my beta back: 64. Progesterone was 14. Ok, but they weren't thrilled- they thought it was a little low. I felt ok, since my last two first betas were 20 and 13 both on 12/13 dpo. I'm 15 dpo today (o ed I think late the 30/ early the 31st). Maybe I shouldn't be comparing with my miscarriages! Hmmm...post #196 of 15191/14/13 at 10:12amChrissy - That looks great! I hope the spotting is nothing and this is take home baby #2
Jpack - I hate, hate, hate betas. There is really nothing they can tell you for sure until you have a few of them. Do you go in again on Wednesday? I'm crossing everything for you that this is it. I truly hope you do not have to go through what I just went through. When I had a lowish starting beta, I just told myself that it was a boy b/c I read that boy babies tend to have lower hcg than girl babies. I hope you just have a lazy boy taking his sweet time to get things going. And, I've read countless stories of low starting betas that take off. Even twin pregnancies. I'm sending all my sticky baby vibes your way.post #197 of 15191/14/13 at 10:21ampost #198 of 15191/14/13 at 10:29ampost #199 of 15191/14/13 at 10:38ampost #200 of 15191/14/13 at 10:41amThread Starter
Jpack - Another beta hater (and I've never even done them lol). But really, that doesn't sound that bad to me! It's so hard not to compare with the losses isn't it?
SKJ - Take all the break you need. If you haven't noticed, I've been taking a modified break ;)
Chrissy - It really does look good. I hope it was just "normal" pregnancy spotting...
TF - Can't wait for the beta and u/s!
AFM - I read but am not posting often. Things are just boring here so I don't feel like talking I guess.
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › Easter Menus 7 seconds ago
- › Call the Midwife 55 seconds ago
- › Hello Friends :) 1 minute ago
- › What (if any) age do you think is too old for coed sleep overs? 1 minute ago
- › April 2014 -- What did you accomplish today? 3 minutes ago
- › How old is too old for a girl to go shirtless? 6 minutes ago
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 9 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy guilt? 29 minutes ago
- › TODDLER BEHAVIOR, what is normal and how best to respond??? 35 minutes ago
- › Runa is here! Birth story and photos in post #8 37 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness