- 1,025 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts on my situation please ! Last post on Yesterday at 7:22 pm in Trying To Conceive
- No ppaf and one day of EW surrounded by Abundant creamy cm.. Last post on Yesterday at 9:10 am in Trying To Conceive
- Finding a supportive provider for TTC over 40 Last post on 6/17/13 at 6:40pm in Trying To Conceive
- BBT rising on CD4? Last post on 6/17/13 at 4:23am in Trying To Conceive
- How often? Last post on 6/13/13 at 12:28pm in Trying To Conceive
Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition - Page 10
Hi Ya'll... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TF CONGRATSSSSSS super excited!! .... OMG so I have a long story to tell... and sat down and thought I had time ... and DH comes in and begs me to go with him to pick up dinner UGH So I will be back in a bit.... Oh BTW I am on my second day of AF and it SUCKS!! so i didn;t get that lucky after failed ivf pregnancy :-(
Sorry I haven't been around as much as I was. But I'm always reading and keeping everyone in my thoughts.
So, I am 5w4d but I think I'm losing it. Yesterday (Saturday) I had some red spotting but no pain. Spotting went away after a few hours. I also noticed I had some pain hours before that felt like someone was pinching my left ovary area. Then today I had some more red spotting but it did come out on my undies and a smear on a pad. (TMI so sorry) Also had the pain today on my left side and when I pushed there some it hurt. Still no pain or anything. I tested with a cheapy last night and a frer this morning and they both are happily bfp's. I dunno what's going on or what to do. I didn't want to say anything until I knew it was a keeper and I wasn't going to see the doctor until about 13w. Anyhow, I thought to test tomorrow just to see. The bleeding/spotting has slowed down to almost a stop so I guess that's good.
I don't know a lot about what's going on with everyone, as I haven't gone through and read all the posts, but... I hope all is well with you Chrissy, and SKJ-- I hope things will work themselves out for you. And jpack, good luck with the beta tomorrow!
Hey Sila! I've been rooting for you since the beginning, following you when I could on the thread(s). I hope your time comes soon!
An AFM, I had a positive OPK today, so I'm really happy that it is lining up with all my ovulatory symptoms-- it shows my body is on track. I just have to hope that my eggs don't know how old they really are...It's interesting, I have had really strong (almost painful) mittleschmertz (sp?) happening on my left side since the afternoon-- I hope that means something good! I see my RE on Wednesday to talk about next steps. I had all the usual fertility tests done in late October, but didn't go back in person to talk about the results (I did get a phone call about my prolactin levels being high)-- I'm getting my prolactin levels re-tested tomorrow-- so everything will be discussed then. Is there anything I should ask, if she tells me again that I should consider Clomid/IUI? If everything looks good with all my tests, and I just have the age-thing to worry about, maybe it might be worth it, I just don't know. (What holds me back is that everything I read says that Clomid/IUI in women over a certain age isn't a good idea... but then, statistics aren't absolutes, are they...)
Shell sorry youre back in the game... Will send you some later...
Tenzin - I'm not an expert so I'll send you luck and leave the info to the ladies that know!
tenzin - i think you will have a better idea what route to take when you get your test results. i'm guess they're also running the ovarian reseve panel... that will mean more than a physical age. btw, what is your age?
chuord - you are so wonderfully supportive. i have yet to read the link you posted on energy healing but i've started my own half-assed version (ha!) and have made a commitment to myself that i will spread it through the group. thanks for getting me started
skj - results tomorrow! hoping you get some answers that will help things move along quickly!
afm - first gonal f shot last night. not bad at all.
Indie - Glad the shot went well! I'm excited for you. I can't wait to hear how your monitoring appointment goes.
Tenzin - Welcome! I remember your from the nursing moms thread. I'm still TTC #2. I think I'm the last one from that thread to still have not conceived. Really depressing. Are you still nursing? How long have you been ttc this time? I really have no idea what to suggest. I only have my experience. I had stopped BFing before seeking IF treatments and my prolactin was low at that time. Also, from my experience, each doctor has his/her own way of doing things based on past experience. Right now, I'm seeing a doc who is doing a natural cycle evaluation to see what hormones need tweaking. Maybe that's a way to start?
TF - Happy monday preggo!
Jpack - How are you feeling today? Is your beta today?
Chrissy - Thinking good sticky thoughts for you.
AFM - Well, AF is playing games. I am using a menstrual cup and there was a bit of red blood yesterday afternoon, but not a thing since. So, I guess that would have been more like spotting. I'm thinking AF will really show today or tomorrow. Not sure if that hurts or helps my timing dilemma. I need to call the RPL doc to make sure all the tests results are in so I don't waste a trip. But, I'm excited to get things going.
I may need to take a bit of a break for a while. All the losses and disappointments are catching up with me and the timing isn't great with so many wonderful things happening here. I don't want to be a wet blanket and I really don't want to be feeling sorry for myself, so I'm thinking that a little break may be in order. Not sure yet.
ETA - all test results are in so I will find out my fate tomorrow.
Edited by SKJ2011 - 1/14/13 at 7:46am
Indie - glad the shot went well.
Afm - spotting sropped last night but had some this morning. Also tested and since i'm on phone I can't post pic but you should see how amazingly dark it is.Dh is off work come thursday so if I'm still spotting I'll call to see what they want to do. Will be 6w Wednesday.
I'm really, really hoping this is it!! I was going to ask this earlier- straight curiosity not suggesting or anything but have you ever been on progesterone?
Jpack - I hate, hate, hate betas. There is really nothing they can tell you for sure until you have a few of them. Do you go in again on Wednesday? I'm crossing everything for you that this is it. I truly hope you do not have to go through what I just went through. When I had a lowish starting beta, I just told myself that it was a boy b/c I read that boy babies tend to have lower hcg than girl babies. I hope you just have a lazy boy taking his sweet time to get things going. And, I've read countless stories of low starting betas that take off. Even twin pregnancies. I'm sending all my sticky baby vibes your way.
Jpack - Another beta hater (and I've never even done them lol). But really, that doesn't sound that bad to me! It's so hard not to compare with the losses isn't it?
SKJ - Take all the break you need. If you haven't noticed, I've been taking a modified break ;)
Chrissy - It really does look good. I hope it was just "normal" pregnancy spotting...
TF - Can't wait for the beta and u/s!
AFM - I read but am not posting often. Things are just boring here so I don't feel like talking I guess.
- › Signs of Impending Labor - chat thread 44 seconds ago
- › Ergo or another wrap? 1 minute ago
- › Travel Bed for Toddlers 1 minute ago
- › Complete lack of appetite? 2 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions: June 2013 5 minutes ago
- › Another Book of Lies from Offit published 5 minutes ago
- › How to deal with family wanting to be there during the birth?? 6 minutes ago
- › 15 week old not a day time sleeper! 7 minutes ago
- › induction or cesarean? 9 minutes ago
- › Belly Pics 9 minutes ago
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by MinneapolisMama
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by lamjenifer
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama