I guess the title says it all. Antifungals have been tried but it always comes back.
- categoryHealth Healingtagged by System, 1/4/13
Related Forum Threads
- hope this helps Last post on Yesterday at 12:43 pm in Women's Health
- Gallstones and pregnancy Last post on 3/11/14 at 9:16am in Women's Health
- Would this pic concern you or is this a lighting/angle issue Last post on 3/5/14 at 6:37pm in Women's Health
- Need Answers. Last post on 3/10/14 at 4:39pm in Women's Health
- Inner Vibration in arms, and muscle Twitching. Scared Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:23am in Women's Health
3 Family-Tested Secrets to Not Getting Sick
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?Last edited: 11/2/13
- The Crunchy Mom’s Guide to Working with Your PediatricianLast edited: 10/25/13
- An asthma epidemic and a climate crisisLast edited: 10/31/12
- Mood NeurotransmittersLast edited: 6/27/11
How to eradicate athlete's foot completely and forever?post #1 of 31/4/13 at 1:06pmThread Starterpost #2 of 31/4/13 at 5:30pm
Its hard. The foot environment is conducive to athelete's foot in this person for some reason, and unless that environment is changed, it will keep coming back.
There's a few things you can try:
Athelete's foot can be one of the symptoms of systemic candida overgrowth. So if the person has any other symptoms of yeast overgrowth (such vaginal yeast infections more than once a year, sores on the corner of the mouth, diarrhea for no reason now and then, etc) then an anti-candida diet would be a good idea for the whole body. You could do a google search on candida overgrowth for a complete list of symptoms and how to treat them.
If that's not it, then:
The feet probably sweat a bit more than the average foot. So... go barefoot as much as possible, change socks a few times a day, wear sandals instead of shoes, etc.
Some people soak their feet in Scope (a mouthwash) every night and swear that works. But that's still just killing the fungus every day, not really changing the environment.
The fungus that causes athelete's foot is present everywhere. Its not possible to avoid it.post #3 of 31/4/13 at 9:28pmWash any of your shoes to get it out of your shoes too. I swear by Absorbine Jr. It was originally a horse linamint, but I used to get it all the time as a runner in my teens. Treated it with Absorbine Jr in college and didn't get it again until I was pregnant for the first time. Workd so great I probably haven't had it for 10+ years. It stings something awful but doesn't last long and you don't need to treat for long either.
- Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?
- › Question about periods and insulin 14 minutes ago
- › The symptoms Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Study: "Pro-Vaccine" Messages Not Changing Minds 15 minutes ago
- › A pediatrician's different perspective on why he doesn't accept... 19 minutes ago
- › What's next mom?? 20 minutes ago
- › PP Period 21 minutes ago
- › upsetting appointment 24 minutes ago
- › March 2014 *already*! What did you accomplish today? 25 minutes ago
- › March Chat/Vent 29 minutes ago
- › The subtle difference between "understanding" and "agreeing" 35 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild