In the past my son always spoke positive about school now it negative talk and now I wonder with something that occurred in our neighborhood that maybe he is now self conscious,and embarrassed. He also used to enjoy to have me there but then when I shared information to his counselor maybe he is mad at me for doing that and embarrassed that I mentioned it to some at school as I wonder if I only kept the stuff to deal at home would things have been better at school and at home ?
Related Forum Threads
- Vent - in the closet about private school Last post on 5/18/13 at 2:06am in Learning at School
- Teacher issue Last post on 5/12/13 at 5:47pm in Learning at School
- The value of preschool Last post on 5/13/13 at 4:05pm in Learning at School
- Assessment of skills and developmental stage Last post on 5/6/13 at 9:57am in Learning at School
- 5 year old not listening at school, either Last post on 5/15/13 at 3:52am in Gentle Discipline
Getting Through a Terrible Preschool Year
Edited on 4/7/13
- oh, hi!Edited on 4/1/13
- On Raising a Reluctant Reader
Question about school ? It's a public schoolpost #1 of 51/6/13 at 11:30amThread Starterpost #2 of 51/6/13 at 12:16pm
Hi there! Can you share perhaps how old he is and what grade. If there is anything else to share about the nature of the difficulty without privacy concerns, that might help as well. At some ages kids are much more sensitive to these types of things than others.
post #3 of 51/6/13 at 12:31pmThread Starterpost #4 of 51/6/13 at 12:37pm
It's kind of difficult to know, since you haven't shared any of the details about whatever might be provoking his self-consciousness and embarrassment. Yes, it could be causing his dislike of school, but so could myriad other things and I don't think any of us on this forum have the information that would help us offer an opinion on your question.
Mirandapost #5 of 51/6/13 at 1:43pmIt may be that what is going on is linked to talking to the counselor or it may be part of his age. At that age my dd began experimenting with wanting to appear independent at school. She didn't want me volunteering and she needed me to support her by helping her figure out how to advocate for herself.
If there is bullying or he is having a hard time with some of the school work that might be affecting his attitude towards school. Fights with friends also temporarily affect how kids perceive school.
I suggest letting him know things are hard foe him now but you love him and are there if he needs to talk, readdress your concern with the counselor if you think the way things are being handled is causing more harm than good, and follow his cues for how much he wants your presence at school.
- Question about school ? It's a public school
- oh, hi!
- › Baby Talk 4 seconds ago
- › Anyone in the centre region (nears Tours)? 8 minutes ago
- › My 3 year old is freaking me out 10 minutes ago
- › public potty-training with toddler AND newborn 15 minutes ago
- › How are you feeling? 18 minutes ago
- › Is Montessori worth it in this situation? 21 minutes ago
- › Can anyone recc a good pedi/family Dr in Coeur D Alene area? 23 minutes ago
- › To Homeschool or Not to Homeschool? 29 minutes ago
- › Big brother or sister gifts? 36 minutes ago
- › How do I get my friend to discourage her kid's aggression? 40 minutes ago
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo