In the past my son always spoke positive about school now it negative talk and now I wonder with something that occurred in our neighborhood that maybe he is now self conscious,and embarrassed. He also used to enjoy to have me there but then when I shared information to his counselor maybe he is mad at me for doing that and embarrassed that I mentioned it to some at school as I wonder if I only kept the stuff to deal at home would things have been better at school and at home ?
Related Forum Threads
- DS is different Last post on Today at 6:58 am in The Childhood Years
- 6 year old is impossible to wake up in the morning Last post on Yesterday at 7:49 am in Gentle Discipline
- Vent - in the closet about private school Last post on 5/18/13 at 2:06am in Learning at School
- Teacher issue Last post on 5/12/13 at 5:47pm in Learning at School
- The value of preschool Last post on 5/13/13 at 4:05pm in Learning at School
Getting Through a Terrible Preschool Year
Edited on 4/7/13
- oh, hi!Edited on 4/1/13
- On Raising a Reluctant Reader
Question about school ? It's a public schoolpost #1 of 51/6/13 at 11:30amThread Starterpost #2 of 51/6/13 at 12:16pm
Hi there! Can you share perhaps how old he is and what grade. If there is anything else to share about the nature of the difficulty without privacy concerns, that might help as well. At some ages kids are much more sensitive to these types of things than others.
post #3 of 51/6/13 at 12:31pmThread Starterpost #4 of 51/6/13 at 12:37pm
It's kind of difficult to know, since you haven't shared any of the details about whatever might be provoking his self-consciousness and embarrassment. Yes, it could be causing his dislike of school, but so could myriad other things and I don't think any of us on this forum have the information that would help us offer an opinion on your question.
Mirandapost #5 of 51/6/13 at 1:43pmIt may be that what is going on is linked to talking to the counselor or it may be part of his age. At that age my dd began experimenting with wanting to appear independent at school. She didn't want me volunteering and she needed me to support her by helping her figure out how to advocate for herself.
If there is bullying or he is having a hard time with some of the school work that might be affecting his attitude towards school. Fights with friends also temporarily affect how kids perceive school.
I suggest letting him know things are hard foe him now but you love him and are there if he needs to talk, readdress your concern with the counselor if you think the way things are being handled is causing more harm than good, and follow his cues for how much he wants your presence at school.
- Question about school ? It's a public school
- oh, hi!
- › Unclean blood draw 20 seconds ago
- › An interesting piece of research (case study) for those interested... 1 minute ago
- › The loss of affection 1 minute ago
- › Anyone nesting yet? 2 minutes ago
- › Affording Private School 4 minutes ago
- › Impact of DSM - 5 Criteria for ASD 5 minutes ago
- › "I'm in labor!" thread - May 2013 DDC 5 minutes ago
- › How are you feeling? 8 minutes ago
- › Predictions? 8 minutes ago
- › Weekly Chat --May 20-26 9 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Why We Homeschool by Sheryl Paul
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf