mine is different since I'm in a pretty good situation now.
I have no debt, and I'm "stuck" with the house I really didn't want but ex can't afford.
1. I did the math and I *should* be able to save enough for house #2. I expect I should have 100K in savings before this happens
I will probably rent out the current house if not able to sell for a wash at that point. Expecting some legal drama from ex. urk.
- Need savings for down payment (40K)
- Need savings for repair of both homes (30K)
- Need 6-8m emergency fund (20K)
- Need 3m mortgage of both houses (5K)
- Need tax for both homes (5K)
2. I have 45K in savings right now, and this is ~2yrs of savings.
3. REPAIR CREDIT
- Pretty sure I have all my ex's CCs he got in divorce still on my report. so as much as I don't want to look, I need to
- Continue to pay house on time
- Obtain secure credit card and work on buying/paying off (I have one now)
- Keep car with payments and auto pay so never late (check)
4. Car situation
- I have a new car but they took out cruise and that pissed me off. Plan is to trade in next summer for VW tiguan or perhaps Fiat 500L
- Keep this car and pay off, put car payment into savings for next ehh...5 years. Pay cash for replacement or second car
- Kids are 9 and 6, so they will be driving shortly after next car is payed off. Thinking I may keep this car for 10ish years and buy a smaller car for kids and myself to use so we have 2.
5. Work on some current home repairs now
- house needs some serious TLC. I don't want to pour money into a home I don't own, however we lived there jointly 3 years, i've been there over 5 myself, and by the time I can buy home #2 it'll be another 4-5 years. Might as well make myself comfortable.