or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › Downton Abbey - Season 3!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Downton Abbey - Season 3! - Page 2

post #21 of 51
I'm Matthew.
post #22 of 51
I am Sybil, too, but I wanted to be the Dowager Countess. :-(
post #23 of 51
Reactions to today's show:
I feel bad for Branwson. He was in service but the family tolerated him because of Sybil. Now Sybil's gone, if he gets entangled with someone in service I don't believe the family would welcome this person in, but because he was in service a "lady" won't want to be with him.

Second, really with Mathew? Is there a occupancy limit to Downton? It seems someone can't be born without someone dying.

Lastly, why is it that Thomas does something wrong and he gets a promotion. Jimmy makes a big stink of it and holds Carson hostage, he gets a promotion. Yet poor Alfred tries to do the right thing and he has to tell the cops he's a drunk. Does that seem fair?

What are other reactions?
post #24 of 51
I don't think that was the "right thing" though, at least that was the implication seemed to be. Thomas would have gone to Jail for coming on to another man. Thomas didnt rape him, he backed off when he realized that his feelings were not returned and left him alone after that.

But I'm sure that is going to come up again. I bet Alfred is ticked...
post #25 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post

I don't think that was the "right thing" though, at least that was the implication seemed to be. Thomas would have gone to Jail for coming on to another man. Thomas didnt rape him, he backed off when he realized that his feelings were not returned and left him alone after that.

But I'm sure that is going to come up again. I bet Alfred is ticked...

Rather the norm for the time period. 

 

Still, I don't think that Thomas should get a promotion for coming on to someone. Especially since in general he's a jerk and everybody knows it. What sense does that make?

post #26 of 51
I guess the household just thinks of him as the resident loveable scamp! No English household should be without one of those XD
post #27 of 51

I just watched the finale online. I had a feeling that was going to happen, and I think it's lousy!! That baby was soooo cute though.

post #28 of 51

Am I the only one that was completely blindsided by the [thing that happens right at the end of Season 3]?

post #29 of 51

I picked kind of romantic answers more laidback.  I thought I'd be Edith, but of course it makes sense to be Anna.

post #30 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsGregory View Post

Am I the only one that was completely blindsided by the [thing that happens right at the end of Season 3]?


I had no clue it was coming, (until a certain part in the show, of course).  Judging from the commentary on my facebook wall, a lot of other people didn't either.  Then there was spoilerish talk happening on my wall, and I felt bad so I basically was telling people it was only a flesh wound, that character would be fine. But then a friend who moved to the UK a couple years ago came in and told me that it was all over the papers when that character left the show to pursue other interests.  Sometimes it's good to be a clueless American.

post #31 of 51

Which one is Alfred?  Was Alfred the one pursuing talking to the police?  I thought that was Jimmy, the one who was kissed by Thomas.  I only found out that his name on Sunday when someone told me.  I can't keep these people straight, for some reason.  Jimmy is the one that Daisy likes, but he likes the newer kitchen maid.  Is Alfred the really tall one who likes Daisy?  I'm so confused by these story lines, I didn't pay close enough attention, I guess.

post #32 of 51
Alfred is the tall footman that daisy likes, but he likes the kitchen maid, who likes Jimmy, who is the one that Thomas came on to.
post #33 of 51
Double post
post #34 of 51
I was sad at the end, but not sobbing like I did with Lady Sibyl. And Tom Branson is so sweet and tender.

Why would anyone CHOOSE to leave the show?! Of course, I'm sure that's right, but so surprising!
post #35 of 51

Movie offers that is why!

post #36 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola View Post


I had no clue it was coming, (until a certain part in the show, of course).  Judging from the commentary on my facebook wall, a lot of other people didn't either.  Then there was spoilerish talk happening on my wall, and I felt bad so I basically was telling people it was only a flesh wound, that character would be fine. But then a friend who moved to the UK a couple years ago came in and told me that it was all over the papers when that character left the show to pursue other interests.  Sometimes it's good to be a clueless American.

 

Haha, that "certain part of the show" was what prompted me to start screaming:  "No!  No!  They're happy!  Why?!?!  OH MY GOD NO!  NO!" and so forth.  It was pretty traumatic. 

I was also hoping for another miracle until I was advised that this ending was long forseen in the UK.

post #37 of 51
Agh! I found my Downton tribe...
I shrieked at my husband afterwards for a couple of hours on and off "why? Why would they do that!?" I was traumatized and now I have nothing to hold onto until the next season... wink1.gif
post #38 of 51
At night, I dream about Downton Abby. I don't think this is healthy LOL.
I realized that Matthew reminds me of a major crush I had when I was a kid- Jon Boy from the Waltons. HOTTT!!!!
post #39 of 51

My husband isn't sure what happened.  I'm not a "TV person".  I don't have the attention span.  But I watched the first season on Netflix in the span of a week.  Husband understands that it is a "period drama".  The face he makes when he says that... it's a funny one.  yummy.gif

 

 

SEASON FOUR HURRY UP ALREADY!!!

post #40 of 51
Thread Starter 

I'm so sad about Matthew... it seems terribly unfair. I'd had an inkling of the spoiler before hand (curse you interwebs) so I kind of knew what was going to happen, but I didn't know when. I was glad that he got to meet his son. But oh, Mary... Mary is going to devastated. How will she go on? Her only child being born and her husband dying on the same day. And who will tell her? The awful part is that Sybil would've been the best person to break such news... but she's already gone. 

 

Sigh. I'm interested to see what season four will bring. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Television
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › Downton Abbey - Season 3!