no I dont regret not having a flu shot. I will recover. So will the rest of us, and we will all be a little stronger for it.
Related Forum Threads
- Ear piercing and Tetanus Last post on Yesterday at 7:06 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- How do I claim religious exemption? Last post on Yesterday at 10:09 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Argument by Intimidation Last post on Yesterday at 2:23 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Tetanis help - pic Last post on Yesterday at 1:07 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Alaska public schools and vaccines Last post on 5/18/13 at 3:55am in I'm Not Vaccinating
Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
Edited on 2/24/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesEdited on 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsEdited on 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentEdited on 3/8/13
- The Right to RefuseEdited on 3/20/13
Yes I have the flu,post #1 of 171/10/13 at 8:07pmThread Starterpost #2 of 171/10/13 at 9:01pmpost #3 of 171/11/13 at 3:34ampost #4 of 171/11/13 at 7:17am
It's going around, but they also test more for it, kwim? DS might have it, all the kids in his school had it lately (all vaccinated for that matter), he wanted to go to sleep at 5pm last night. He is a bit hoarse today so I kept him home.
I try to keep everything in perspective. Back home only old people are vaxxed for flu. Nobody would ever vax a kid. I'm staying away from the news media because I'm sick of being fearmongered. I don't want to make a decision out of fear, but facts.post #5 of 171/11/13 at 7:20am
I had the flu last year (and yes, I suspect it was the real flu, although I did not get tested for it as I was not sick enough to go to the hospital). It is the only time in my life I remember having the flu. I felt like I had been hit by a mack truck - but I recovered. I did not get the flu shot this year…and I have no intention of doing it in any upcoming year, either.
Hang in there and drink lots of water!post #6 of 171/11/13 at 7:30amThread Starterpost #7 of 171/11/13 at 7:40am
Last time I had the real flu was over 10 yrs ago. I've had boughts of what could be a virus...could be food poisoning though too. When they last 24 or so, I chalk it up to something I ate. When I get the aches, fever, chills, etc - then I'll say its the flu. I have never had a flu shot.post #8 of 171/11/13 at 7:44amThread Starterpost #9 of 171/11/13 at 8:00am
I work in a pharmacy so I got the shot. Mainly cause my husband and I can't afford for me to be off sick for a week.
But I agree that over all the level of hysteria over the flu is ridiculous. We got two vials of shots in early Wednesday. Good for roughly 20 shots. It was all gone by late thursday. We have people bringing whole families in. Both parents 4 kids and yelling at us because we don't have any in stock. We had customers get into a yelling match because they arrived a couple seconds after the last shots have been administered.post #10 of 171/11/13 at 10:27ampost #11 of 171/12/13 at 2:42pmQuote:
Were those people aware that they were injected with mercury? Each dose from a multi-dose vial contains 25 mcg mercury.post #12 of 171/12/13 at 4:35pmpost #13 of 171/12/13 at 6:02pm
Oh I get the flu every 1-2 years. Usually in May. I already had it this year..got sick Dec 31 and was mostly recovered by Jan 3-4. I don't know why I get it every year..my kids don't, my husband doesn't. I blame being fully vaccinated as a child and taking several rounds of antibiotics a year throughout childhood.post #14 of 171/13/13 at 12:55pm
I recommend taking
I stock up on it every year and give to my friends when they start having symptoms. Because I'm pregnant, I've been taking it if I'm around people with the flu. I've never gotten the flu shot.post #15 of 171/13/13 at 2:21pm
I have a nice stockpile of Oscillococcinum (there's a discount store that sells nearly-expired supplements at a steep discount; I get this for a buck!) just in case. But so far it's collecting dust on the top of the fridge.
I have noticed that my immunity increased substantially once I started taking vitamins consistently every day. I used to take a lot of vitamin C but now only need about two to three grams a day along with vitamins A, D, K2 and E, selenium, zinc, magnesium, a B complex and an iodine/mineral liquid supplement.
Right now I have a bit of a cold, but it came after eating a lot of holiday treats full of sugar.post #16 of 171/13/13 at 3:13pm
To have a real flu is not much fun. I remember having it in 2009 right before the hypo of the swine flu started. I was out for about a week, lying in bed could not even blink. The phrase you posted in the other thread that even your hair hurts is quite familiar. Cell salts, plenty of water/ tea and rest, rest, rest brought me around. I did not even use painkillers cause I was not sure of being pregnant at that time and my fever was not running that high. Hubby had it too and he took just about every drug he got from the doc. It took him 4 month to recover. Go figure. If men would only listen to us women more often.post #17 of 171/13/13 at 6:58pmThread Starter
The fever and chills and pain is gone today. I still feel very fatigued, and I still have a dry cough and runny nose. I am taking Cold FX, and vitamins and drinking lots of tea and water and soup. My husband started cold fx and he still has yet to get sick. It hit my daughter pretty bad. She threw up a lot, for like 3 days and only got her appetite back on the 6th day. I couldnt give her anything to boost her immune system as she couldnt keep it down the first couple days. She is also pretty fatigued and she lost some weight. It was hard to see her so sick, but we saw her through it, and she is on the rebound. This was her first serious illness in almost 5 years. She usually gets a fever and burns it off in 2 days, whatever it is. She has never needed antibiotics. As bad as it was, I know she will be stronger for it.
- Yes I have the flu,
- Resources for Non-vaccinating Families
- › "America and the Roots of Violence" 3 minutes ago
- › A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon 23 minutes ago
- › Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition 26 minutes ago
- › No Fooling! 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 8.0... 40 minutes ago
- › Book/Folder covers without plastic 53 minutes ago
- › Ipad for homeschooling 54 minutes ago
- › All cotton diapers that last like Motherease..BabeeGreens? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › What would you recommend to a mom CD'ing for the first time? 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › My new 9-year-old step son is driving me bananas... 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Does anyone here do a monthly bulk shop? Advice and tips needed. 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by SmilinMomma
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11