- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 1/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- 9-10DPO AF Due on the 18th Last post on Today at 12:00 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Light periods Last post on 3/11/14 at 11:00pm in Trying To Conceive
- Baby aspirin Last post on 3/12/14 at 12:04pm in Trying To Conceive
- DHEA? Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:09am in Trying To Conceive
- Success stories after vasectomy reversal? Last post on Yesterday at 12:48 pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
The "One" Thread for January 13 to 20 - Page 2post #21 of 321/16/13 at 9:05ampost #22 of 321/16/13 at 10:31ampost #23 of 321/16/13 at 1:42pm
Hey ladies I have some good news and some bad news....
The good news is I FOUND A PLACE FOR STUDENT TEACHING!
The bad news is, it's in Texas and I leave next Thursday. Dd and I don't want to leave Dh for 4 months and I don't want to put off getting pregnant for that long either :( There is a bit of good news though that I am supposed to O this weekend which means we can still TTC and possibly catch an egg before I go. I am praying big time that it happens.post #24 of 321/17/13 at 5:21amMy saga continues. My temp is up 2nd extra day. Mu spotting never became flow. I have to get ready for work and I'm out of pregnancy tests. How did I not know that? I need to poas ASAP and get to the doctor for progesterone and hcg levels if I'm pregnant. LOL I dunno what to do right now so I'm just telling you all!post #25 of 321/17/13 at 6:10am
LittleKind Ughh!! So frustrating. Can you run out at any point during the work day to get a test, hold your urine and test later at work? Or when you get home?
Anya So exciting!! Fx mama!!
John16n33 Congrats on the placement!! I remember you said Texas was a possibility, you have family there, right? Fx for lots of BD action this weekend and that you Catch. That. Egg!!!
I am looking for a little insight from you mamas with charting experience. I've cross posted this in the January TWW. As I said last month, just when I think I know what to expect of my body, the universe devises new ways to mix it up! So I am CD 14 today, + OPK yesterday morning and this morning. Still feeling O twinges and had some short, sharp pains this morning. I am thinking today is the day!! I have been Oing on CD 10 or 11 in recent months so this seems really positive, much better chance of a really nice, fat, mature egg Here is the very weird part: I am temping for the first time in my life. Love it, btw. I had a temp dip on Tuesday morning (I figured cool, Pre-O temp dip) and then a small rise yesterday and today (though both higher temps were about the same and about at my coverline, not yet above). If my temp increases tomorrow will that indicate O happened today? Or is it possibly it's not going to happen until tomorrow? I am still new to this. I don't usually get 2 + OPKs in a row either, usually an am and pm + on the same day and it is - by the following morning. And to add to my confusion, I always feel distinct O discomfort (it isn't really painful). I have some twinges for a day or so followed by short, sharp pains on the side I O from, alternating sides month to month like clockwork. Two months ago I KNOW it was the right side, last month left. Yesterday and today I feel twinges left and right (though more discernibly sharp on the left this morning). Anyone else had bilateral O pains before? Any thoughts/advice/wisdom would be very greatly appreciated!!post #26 of 321/17/13 at 8:04am
LittleKind... It's probably too late for this suggestion... But next time, collect your FMU in a cup, and just find a way to take it with you. Then, you can buy a test on the way to work, or during your lunch hour, and still test your FMU. I'm pretty sure the test will still be accurate on urine that has been kept at room temperature.post #27 of 321/17/13 at 10:47amQuote:
Sparkle - I love charting, it's so cool to have that extra help/window into what's going on with your body. I had bilateral O pains last month... Then, I started having twinges and felt like 'something' was going on down there... Felt this way pretty much throughout my whole TWW. I don't want to describe it as cramps as it wasn't really painful, I just felt really bloated and kind of stretching or movement (which I know movement that early is virtually impossible to feel), weird. After I got my BFP, I still occasionally have these twinges, even some ovary discomfort (again not painful) and only lasts a few seconds. I don't remember having anything like this when I was pregnant last time but then I miscarried, so maybe these are good signs this time. I read about round ligament pulling (I think that's what it was called) and am wondering if that's what I've been feeling lately, but then, I wonder if it's too early for that...? I'm 5 weeks 3 days today... Well, that wasn't really advice was it and I certainly don't claim to have any wisdom about these things but at least you're not alone:) I really hope you catch that really nice, fat, mature egg and get your October baby:)
Sorry AF showed up for some of you, good luck next cycle:)
Good luck to those of you in your TWW (Sarah, Anya, Dekan.... and everyone else waiting as well:)
LittleKind - were you able to get a test??
mamacatsbaby - how are you??
Hi to everyone else.
AFM - I have my first 'official' appointment with my midwife today. Very exited:) Wondering if I should have betas done or not...? I know it can be a reassuring sign when all goes well but then again... I really don't want to add any stress, worrying about the results... I'm thinking I might pass on them. She is fine either way and said that sometimes they can come back not doubling... which can make moms worry unnecessarily and everything can be just fine... even if they aren't doubling. As I'm typing this, I'm really thinking I'll pass and just get the other usual testing done including my progesterone, etc... Anyone have opinions/thoughts on whether or not to do betas (I didn't do them last time either)?
Edited by SuzieSmiles - 1/17/13 at 6:58pmpost #28 of 321/17/13 at 4:21pmI should've saved my first morning pee like stevi said. I dashed to Walmart and they only had the blue dye plus sign tests. I bought one even though I can't ever read them clearly. So I took it and it wasn't clear. I didnt need to pee so i only got a dozen drops on the stick, but looked possibly positive. I left work early to get hgc blood test. Haven't heard back!
Suzie, if you don't have concerns, I'd say its nice to not bother with some things. My son was totally healthy all through pregnancy so I did the bare minimum in tests. Didn't even know he was q boy. I've had troubles since then so now I'd totally do every test. If you can have peace of mind without it, then that's probably best, in my opinion.post #29 of 321/19/13 at 1:52pmpost #30 of 321/20/13 at 1:11pmpost #31 of 321/20/13 at 3:28pm
GranolaMommie... I find my donors on Craigslist and inseminate via NI (natural insemination). There are several reasons that I chose to do so. I'm single, so there are no jealous mates to worry about. I get to know the donors better, as I spend more time with them this way. And, honestly, NI donors are much easier to find.
Think Fertile Thoughts!!
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › Crockpot meals on the cheap? 1 minute ago
- › Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! 4 minutes ago
- › Anyone doing house makeovers?! Already Nesting?? 5 minutes ago
- › March Chat/Vent 6 minutes ago
- › Due Date Community on Facebook? 8 minutes ago
- › Looking Bleak Now... 10 minutes ago
- › Is Lydia a good name? 12 minutes ago
- › Third Trimester! 14 minutes ago
- › milestones 15 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 16 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild