- 114 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: El Paso, TX
- Select All Posts By This User
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Research Study for Ladies Trying to Conceive-We Need Your Help!! Last post on 5/22/13 at 12:17pm in Trying To Conceive
- is this positive (CD 14) Last post on 5/22/13 at 8:34pm in Trying To Conceive
- Negative pregnancy test, late period and home birth questions Last post on 5/22/13 at 6:36pm in Trying To Conceive
- Could it be pregnacy? or what? Last post on 5/22/13 at 12:28pm in Trying To Conceive
- Intro & My Cycle Update Last post on 5/18/13 at 9:34pm in Trying To Conceive
The "One" Thread for January 13 to 20 - Page 2
AFM CD 13 + OPK this morning, lots of O twinges. Expecting to O tonight or tomorrow. Almost to the TWW! Temping for the first time ever this month. I like having the additional information. So, so hoping for an October baby!
Hey ladies I have some good news and some bad news....
The good news is I FOUND A PLACE FOR STUDENT TEACHING!
The bad news is, it's in Texas and I leave next Thursday. Dd and I don't want to leave Dh for 4 months and I don't want to put off getting pregnant for that long either :( There is a bit of good news though that I am supposed to O this weekend which means we can still TTC and possibly catch an egg before I go. I am praying big time that it happens.
LittleKind Ughh!! So frustrating. Can you run out at any point during the work day to get a test, hold your urine and test later at work? Or when you get home?
Anya So exciting!! Fx mama!!
John16n33 Congrats on the placement!! I remember you said Texas was a possibility, you have family there, right? Fx for lots of BD action this weekend and that you Catch. That. Egg!!!
I am looking for a little insight from you mamas with charting experience. I've cross posted this in the January TWW. As I said last month, just when I think I know what to expect of my body, the universe devises new ways to mix it up! So I am CD 14 today, + OPK yesterday morning and this morning. Still feeling O twinges and had some short, sharp pains this morning. I am thinking today is the day!! I have been Oing on CD 10 or 11 in recent months so this seems really positive, much better chance of a really nice, fat, mature egg Here is the very weird part: I am temping for the first time in my life. Love it, btw. I had a temp dip on Tuesday morning (I figured cool, Pre-O temp dip) and then a small rise yesterday and today (though both higher temps were about the same and about at my coverline, not yet above). If my temp increases tomorrow will that indicate O happened today? Or is it possibly it's not going to happen until tomorrow? I am still new to this. I don't usually get 2 + OPKs in a row either, usually an am and pm + on the same day and it is - by the following morning. And to add to my confusion, I always feel distinct O discomfort (it isn't really painful). I have some twinges for a day or so followed by short, sharp pains on the side I O from, alternating sides month to month like clockwork. Two months ago I KNOW it was the right side, last month left. Yesterday and today I feel twinges left and right (though more discernibly sharp on the left this morning). Anyone else had bilateral O pains before? Any thoughts/advice/wisdom would be very greatly appreciated!!
LittleKind... It's probably too late for this suggestion... But next time, collect your FMU in a cup, and just find a way to take it with you. Then, you can buy a test on the way to work, or during your lunch hour, and still test your FMU. I'm pretty sure the test will still be accurate on urine that has been kept at room temperature.
Sparkle - I love charting, it's so cool to have that extra help/window into what's going on with your body. I had bilateral O pains last month... Then, I started having twinges and felt like 'something' was going on down there... Felt this way pretty much throughout my whole TWW. I don't want to describe it as cramps as it wasn't really painful, I just felt really bloated and kind of stretching or movement (which I know movement that early is virtually impossible to feel), weird. After I got my BFP, I still occasionally have these twinges, even some ovary discomfort (again not painful) and only lasts a few seconds. I don't remember having anything like this when I was pregnant last time but then I miscarried, so maybe these are good signs this time. I read about round ligament pulling (I think that's what it was called) and am wondering if that's what I've been feeling lately, but then, I wonder if it's too early for that...? I'm 5 weeks 3 days today... Well, that wasn't really advice was it and I certainly don't claim to have any wisdom about these things but at least you're not alone:) I really hope you catch that really nice, fat, mature egg and get your October baby:)
Sorry AF showed up for some of you, good luck next cycle:)
Good luck to those of you in your TWW (Sarah, Anya, Dekan.... and everyone else waiting as well:)
LittleKind - were you able to get a test??
mamacatsbaby - how are you??
Hi to everyone else.
AFM - I have my first 'official' appointment with my midwife today. Very exited:) Wondering if I should have betas done or not...? I know it can be a reassuring sign when all goes well but then again... I really don't want to add any stress, worrying about the results... I'm thinking I might pass on them. She is fine either way and said that sometimes they can come back not doubling... which can make moms worry unnecessarily and everything can be just fine... even if they aren't doubling. As I'm typing this, I'm really thinking I'll pass and just get the other usual testing done including my progesterone, etc... Anyone have opinions/thoughts on whether or not to do betas (I didn't do them last time either)?
Edited by SuzieSmiles - 1/17/13 at 6:58pm
Suzie, if you don't have concerns, I'd say its nice to not bother with some things. My son was totally healthy all through pregnancy so I did the bare minimum in tests. Didn't even know he was q boy. I've had troubles since then so now I'd totally do every test. If you can have peace of mind without it, then that's probably best, in my opinion.
Well, I haven't posted in some time, but please move me to Waiting To Know.
We had actually stopped trying, since money was very tight and I was doubting the timing. Then, a week ago, we had an Oops. On cycle day 13, when I think I ovulated, and def had EWCM. So...
GranolaMommie... I find my donors on Craigslist and inseminate via NI (natural insemination). There are several reasons that I chose to do so. I'm single, so there are no jealous mates to worry about. I get to know the donors better, as I spend more time with them this way. And, honestly, NI donors are much easier to find.
Think Fertile Thoughts!!
- The "One" Thread for January 13 to 20
- › Chapter Books with Diverse Characters for 7 year old 1 minute ago
- › vaccine research 5 minutes ago
- › Roll Call! 7 minutes ago
- › "I'm in labor!" thread - May 2013 DDC 8 minutes ago
- › Anyone thinking about diapering yet? 9 minutes ago
- › 40 week roll call! 14 minutes ago
- › Pregnant and extremely nervous 18 minutes ago
- › How are you feeling? 25 minutes ago
- › Weird pregnancy dream 30 minutes ago
- › Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition 31 minutes ago
- › Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag by matope
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by matope
- › Bebe Au Lait Nursing Cover by matope
- › Lansinoh Lanolin for Breastfeeding Mothers 2 oz (56 g) by matope
- › Philips AVENT Washable Nursing Pads, 6 Count by matope
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by matope
- › TRADITIONAL MEDICINALS TEAS Mother's Milk Tea 16 bags by matope
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by matope
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by matope
- › Glamourmom Nursing Bra Tank by matope
- › Pause for Presence: A Personal Reflection by Marcy Axness
- › Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book,... by Melanie Mayo
- › Why We Homeschool by Melanie Mayo
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo