I have 3 little ones- 5.5 DD, 2.5 DS, 5mo DD.
My eldest went to a local preschool (Abbott funded- so free for us- and high quality staff, curriculum, etc.) full time when she was 3 and 4yrs old. Our public schools around here for Kindergarten are mediocre quality at best. I stay home with my kids because I am blessed to be able to. We ultimately decided to try homeschooling DD for Kindergarten this year and see how it goes.
It has been a good year, and we plan on continuing next year, I believe. However, DS is now coming of age for the same preschool DD went to.
Heres the BIG QUESTION: Should I send him or keep him home?
I would really appreciate thoughts from anyone, or if you have gone through something similar. THANKS!!
- More one on one time to focus on DDs homeschool work
- DS gets a great solid base of education (really they teach up to K work)
- Lots of great play opportunities, peer/teacher interaction, independence, and fun toys we don't have at home
- DS meets new friends and neighborhood kids
- Can pull him out at any time if it doesn't seem like a good fit
- DS is really bonded to DD, so I'm sure it will be a rough separation at first
- Having to drop off and pick up twice a day (may interrupt nap schedule for youngest DD)
- Bringing more sickness home