- topicFinancestagged by System, 1/17/13
Related Forum Threads
- Turbotax Bonus Last post on Yesterday at 9:24 pm in Frugality & Finances
- ~~Savings at the End of the Rainbow!!~~ March No Spend/ Spend Less Challenge!! All Welcome!! Last post on Today at 5:18 am in Frugality & Finances
- Is there a group / forum out there like this? DR related Last post on 3/12/14 at 11:46am in Frugality & Finances
- Is it legal for my landlord to.... Last post on 3/13/14 at 11:16pm in Frugality & Finances
- Bank Accounts / System Last post on 2/3/14 at 8:03pm in Frugality & Finances
Family Planning: Are the Financially Stable the Only Good Parents?
Last edited: 2/14/14
A parents problem
What kind of problems is she giving you? It may help to know that in the middle of a custody battle, or whatever it is exactly that you're going through, there are a lot of high emotions. In time, once things are decided and a routine is established, generally the emotions subside and sharing a child gets easier.
Feel free to open up and describe what's going on. A lot of us ladies here have been jaded because our ex's have primarily only cared about the money, so then they try to pretend they want more time with the kids to get a custody order and support order in place, only to turn around and refuse a lot of their actual parenting time and still complain about how much support they're paying.
Let's assume you're a caring dad and really just want to be involved. How old is the child? Are you married or living with the mom? Recently separated? What was the court hearing about? We can't really support you unless you tell your story.
Stay involved in your child's life. Document any money spent on your child, support given to mom(though it is generally not a good idea to provide support until ordered. You may end up paying more than you had too, or can afford.) and any time caring for your child so mom can work.
Really? My ex looked good for providing support before he was ordered to do so. The magistrate commended him for doing so. We used our state's child support calculator to determine the appropriate amount.
- › ~* November 2014 Roll Call *~ 2 minutes ago
- › What healthy meals have you eaten today? 7 minutes ago
- › 12 year old boy is weepy. Causes? 9 minutes ago
- › Fertility Challenged Graduates Thread - Spring/Summer 2014 12 minutes ago
- › where can I print 'MD laws' to take with me to my birth?? 13 minutes ago
- › 50/ 50 divorce questions 18 minutes ago
- › Birth/body preparation tips and ideas 20 minutes ago
- › Anyone else feeling sick? 21 minutes ago
- › Are you exercising? 23 minutes ago
- › 1983 to Present Day Vaccine Schedule....um, why aren't we regularly... 24 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild