- topicFinancestagged by System, 1/17/13
Related Forum Threads
- Splitting Expenses and Income- SAHM married 20 years Last post on 4/21/14 at 4:28pm in Frugality & Finances
- Holy Guacamole!! The "Where'd March Go?" APRIL No-spend Challenge!! Last post on 4/19/14 at 9:08am in Frugality & Finances
- We need more money but no clue how Last post on 4/12/14 at 10:07am in Frugality & Finances
- Just a vent Last post on 4/3/14 at 7:18am in Frugality & Finances
- WW DR Do? use IRA to pay off student loans, yes or no? Last post on 4/4/14 at 7:35pm in Frugality & Finances
Family Planning: Are the Financially Stable the Only Good Parents?
Last edited: 2/14/14
A parents problem
What kind of problems is she giving you? It may help to know that in the middle of a custody battle, or whatever it is exactly that you're going through, there are a lot of high emotions. In time, once things are decided and a routine is established, generally the emotions subside and sharing a child gets easier.
Feel free to open up and describe what's going on. A lot of us ladies here have been jaded because our ex's have primarily only cared about the money, so then they try to pretend they want more time with the kids to get a custody order and support order in place, only to turn around and refuse a lot of their actual parenting time and still complain about how much support they're paying.
Let's assume you're a caring dad and really just want to be involved. How old is the child? Are you married or living with the mom? Recently separated? What was the court hearing about? We can't really support you unless you tell your story.
Stay involved in your child's life. Document any money spent on your child, support given to mom(though it is generally not a good idea to provide support until ordered. You may end up paying more than you had too, or can afford.) and any time caring for your child so mom can work.
Really? My ex looked good for providing support before he was ordered to do so. The magistrate commended him for doing so. We used our state's child support calculator to determine the appropriate amount.
- › hi all 1 minute ago
- › Totaly frustrated(( 7 minutes ago
- › Fitted Kitchens Liverpool 9 minutes ago
- › Pre-teen wild child? 33 minutes ago
- › Keeping 3 year old occupied without technology 34 minutes ago
- › DHA omega-3 vegan nutrition for toddlers 48 minutes ago
- › When is it okay to leave kids alone in a public location? 52 minutes ago
- › What hurt more than labor for you? 1 hour ago
- › Writing numbers and letters bottom to top rather than top to bottom 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › hi :) 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › When Mothering Means Chaos by AmandaK
- › Calming Yourself During Colic: Expert tips... by KidsInTheHouse
- › 3 Simple Ways to Nurture Yourself by Marcy Axness
- › The Birth of River by Kristen Tea
- › The Never Agains by BrainChild
- › Day in the Life: A Graphical Representation by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Operation Meditation by Brian Leaf
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo