- 84 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- herd immunity - science and philosophy of. Last post on 7/28/11 at 12:05pm in Vaccinations
- Is it dangerous to skip the MMR and Chickenpox vaccine? Last post on 8/25/12 at 2:54pm in Vaccinations
- Vaccine eradication of disease Last post on 6/29/11 at 1:41pm in Vaccinations
- So, what if the kid is now 12 and no sign of chicken pox? Last post on 6/10/11 at 5:04pm in Vaccinations
- DH has shingles.... how to prepare for chicken pox? Last post on Yesterday at 7:33 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
Edited on 2/24/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesEdited on 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsEdited on 3/14/13
- The Right to RefuseEdited on 3/20/13
- Of Mainstream Media, Hate Mail, and VaccinesEdited on 3/14/13
Are there serious risks for chicken pox vaccine for adults? - Page 2post #21 of 972/17/13 at 4:50amIm speaking of toxic man made chemicals.post #22 of 972/17/13 at 5:01ampost #23 of 972/17/13 at 12:45pmpost #24 of 972/17/13 at 3:08pm
For the OP,
Here are the ingredients of the shingles vaccine (as put forth by Merck):
ZOSTAVAX is a lyophilized preparation of the Oka/Merck strain of live, attenuated varicella-zoster virus (VZV). ZOSTAVAX, when reconstituted as directed, is a suspension for subcutaneous administration. Each 0.65-mL dose contains a minimum of 19,400 PFU (plaque-forming units) of Oka/Merck strain of VZV when reconstituted and stored at room temperature for up to 30 minutes.
Each dose contains 31.16 mg of sucrose, 15.58 mg of hydrolyzed porcine gelatin, 3.99 mg of sodium chloride, 0.62 mg of monosodium L-glutamate, 0.57 mg of sodium phosphate dibasic, 0.10 mg of potassium phosphate monobasic, 0.10 mg of potassium chloride; residual components of MRC-5 cells including DNA and protein; and trace quantities of neomycin and bovine calf serum. The product contains no preservatives. (Source)
All of these are manmade.....none of these are naturally occuring substances meant to enter the bloodstream. Some are known neurotoxins... all of these have the potential to cause harm.... some more so in particular people...though you can not determine who is more susceptible to a harmful reaction.
Your decision is yours, but yes....it certainly has the potential to harm.post #25 of 972/17/13 at 3:16pmpost #26 of 972/17/13 at 3:22pmpost #27 of 972/17/13 at 3:34pmpost #28 of 972/17/13 at 3:41pm
Yeah, actually everything listed there is present in nature in one form or another, including neomycin, which is produced by a bacterium.
Also curious which items on that list are supposed to be neurotoxins, and at what dose.post #29 of 972/17/13 at 7:20pmYou can't seriously think the form in these shots are natural? It's one thing to turn your head to the danger, but to deny it's formed in a lab and not taken directly from nature? Im sorry, I truly font mean to come across rude, but that's really being naive to me.. they are man made. Msg is not natural... free glutamates, yes... not this form nor the forms of the others mentioned.
I answered the original question and provided correct information. Im finished. Good luck lydilu. Hope you find the information you sought for.post #30 of 972/17/13 at 7:32pmpost #31 of 972/17/13 at 7:36pmpost #32 of 972/17/13 at 7:39pmpost #33 of 972/17/13 at 7:44pmpost #34 of 972/17/13 at 7:46pmpost #35 of 972/18/13 at 12:59am
Rrrrachel and Chickabiddy - thanks for making me smile over my breakfast this morning. :)
Perhaps deadly nightshade (belladonna: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadly_nightshade), or digitalis (the toxic thing in Foxgloves: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digitalis#Toxicity) would be better examples of natural things which are not very safe to introduce into your body! ;)post #36 of 972/18/13 at 7:12am
Anthrax is also natural. "Natural" doesn't mean good.
I wonder about something the OP posted earlier in the thread. She talked about her friend getting GBS after the chicken pox vaccine. OP, do you mean GBS, the strep bacteria tested for vaginally before delivery?post #37 of 972/18/13 at 7:22ampost #38 of 972/18/13 at 7:55ampost #39 of 972/18/13 at 8:33am
I get so tired of this natural=good, artificial=bad oversimplification. There are many products existing in nature that are toxic, and artificial products that have contributed greatly to people's lives. Plus products that exist in nature can be synthesized commercially and are identical in structure to the naturally occurring ones. Like Chickabiddy said, sodium chloride is sodium chloride is sodium chloride.
As for MSG as neurotoxin, I tried and failed to find any information in any sort of reputable source about what dose would actually cause neurotoxicity or what the mechanism was, and orthodoxmom doesn't seem to want to share her information, so *shrug*.post #40 of 972/20/13 at 11:42amQuote:Quote:
Glutamic acid is in a class of chemicals known as excitotoxins, high levels of which have been shown in animal studies to cause damage to areas of the brain unprotected by the blood–brain barrier and that a variety of chronic diseases can arise out of this neurotoxicity. There has been debate among scientists on the significance of these findings since the early 1970s, when John Olney found that high levels of glutamic acid caused damage to the brains of infant mice. The debate is complex and has focused mainly on whether the increase in plasma glutamate levels from typical ingestion levels of glutamate is enough to cause neurotoxicity and on whether humans are susceptible to the neurotoxicity from glutamic acid seen in some animal experiments.
At a meeting of the Society for Neuroscience in 1990, the delegates had a split opinion on the issues related to neurotoxic effects from excitotoxic amino acids found in some additives such as monosodium glutamate.
- Are there serious risks for chicken pox vaccine for adults?
- Resources for Non-vaccinating Families
- › Aug 2013 Roll Call 26 seconds ago
- › Exciting, Fun Preparations! 4 minutes ago
- › Official bead sign up thread. :) 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for a local midwife for home birth. 7 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April & May 2013! 7 minutes ago
- › Help! Nursing boundaries & nursing during pregnancy 8 minutes ago
- › genetic testing 8 minutes ago
- › Baby names....anyone brainstorming? 9 minutes ago
- › Parent-Infant Classes 12 minutes ago
- › What to do for 3.5 year year old that just lost mom & almost lost... 15 minutes ago
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo