Edited by Rrrrrachel - 2/2/13 at 5:39am
- topicSelective Vaccinationtagged by System, 1/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Worst-of-Mainstream-Media Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:39 pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- Need advice, research information, MMR and a 4.5 year old Last post on 3/12/14 at 7:19pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- Hereditary Spherocytosis and Vaccination Last post on 3/7/14 at 3:51pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- Vitamin A & MMR Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:40pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- Kids, 10+, what's important? Also: getting kids informed Last post on Yesterday at 11:20 am in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 12/26/13
- Pregnancy and the Flu ShotLast edited: 1/17/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
- Of Mainstream Media, Hate Mail, and VaccinesLast edited: 3/14/13
Partial Seizure?? - Page 2post #22 of 402/1/13 at 10:01pmpost #23 of 402/1/13 at 11:21pmpost #24 of 402/2/13 at 11:04amQuote:What is a "nickle"?
and you take it with a gain of salt
I personally know (since I was not there) that there is NO way to know for sure!
All seizures are not the same- not all are "classic" and for those who do not have classic grand mals.......... they ALL can present differently, very, very differently.post #25 of 402/2/13 at 8:19pmpost #26 of 402/2/13 at 11:01pmThread Starterpost #27 of 402/3/13 at 9:39pmpost #28 of 402/6/13 at 3:14pmThread Starterpost #29 of 402/20/13 at 3:10pm
To me, if you have to ask, then there's a problem. FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCTS. Also, when you have a pediatrician that so blithely tells you over the phone that it's probably nothing, run, don't walk away from that particular pediatrician and find a new one.
I say this from experience and from years and years' worth of stories told to me by parents who used to contact my former support group (and elsewhere).post #30 of 402/20/13 at 3:13pm
Better yet, quit seeing a pediatrician and try to find a GP, a chiropractor or a holistic practitioner OR a pediatrician of whom you know will not hassle you about vaccines. I always told the parents that contacted me when I ran my support group to interview a potential new pediatrician before you sign up. My husband and I did this with our second pediatrician when we lived in Colorado years ago, after we FIRED our first pediatrician for being so arrogant with us. It worked - we weren't hassled about vaccinating and they actually worked alongside us as partners with our son's healthcare. Now, we've learned more after all these years (my baby is now 19 ) and we use ONLY a holistic practitioner for all our healthcare needs.post #31 of 402/20/13 at 6:50pm
Fairydust, it looks like your son was fine after his shots! You say he's okay now. It's perfectly normal to have some wonky poops for a day or two after rota, isn't it? My son's poops seemed a bit on the smelly side after his rota, but that may have been just me. And it sounds like he was a bit fussy for about 12 hours. I can't tell you whether he had a seizure or not over the internet, so if you're concerned about that he should be seen by a doctor.
Vaccines are generally safe and children don't have bad reactions to them--and it looks like your son didn't, either, since he seems fine. I encourage you to take a look at the next vaccines on your country's schedule and think about getting them, since it's so nice to have the immunity to all these viruses.post #32 of 402/21/13 at 12:39pmThread Starter
Bayareamom- The problem is, I can't find a doctor in our network. After spending almost $6K for our homebirth, I really need my insurance to step up and start paying. I did interview a ton of doctors and this was the only one willing to space them out. It was only after my son's partial seizure that I decided not to vax and can't find a doctor now.
MichelleZB: I did look into the vax prior to the birth and was ok with it until I found out there were cow tissues, aborted human lung tissues and all the other crap in them. Since finding out, I've decided that, if we can't "mix" blood types, how is it safe to inject other specie's tissues into BABIES with immature immune systems? And, yes, the weird poops I later found out were normal and due to live RV,
Also, my Ped wrote in the record at our next appointment that he had "seizure-like events" until... That was when Daddy pulled out his phone and showed her a recording of it. I guess I was too freaked out to notice he was recording it. She got wide-eyed, said nothing and crossed out something on his record without saying a word. So, I'm definitely positive now it WAS a partial seizure.
Thank you everyone.post #33 of 402/21/13 at 11:40pmpost #34 of 402/22/13 at 1:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by fairydustpink89
MichelleZB: I did look into the vax prior to the birth and was ok with it until I found out there were cow tissues, aborted human lung tissues and all the other crap in them. Since finding out, I've decided that, if we can't "mix" blood types, how is it safe to inject other specie's tissues into BABIES with immature immune systems?
This discussion of why the "scary ingredients" are needed and nothing to worry about may help. http://skeptoid.com/mobile/4180
The full list is here: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-2.pdf
But don't forget to read the top where it says it includes things used to grow the virus used and only present in trace amounts in the actual vaccine.
Bovine albumin is used as a stabiliser in some vaccines (looks like most types of DTaP and IPV).
Cells lines initially grown from a culture taken from 2 aborted foetuses who died in the 1960s are used to grow rubella and varicella viruses for vaccines. Only trace amounts of the cells remain in the vaccines. Even the Catholic Church has agreed this is ok.post #35 of 402/24/13 at 8:05pm
I'm so sorry this happened to your LO . . it must have been terrifying :( Did you decide to switch doctors at all?
Prosciencemom - are you aware that the vaccine package inserts for both varicella and rubella both state that there are aborted fetal DNA and protein in the vaccine? I think parents have a right to be worried about mixing an aborted baby's DNA into their own child.post #36 of 402/24/13 at 8:48pmpost #37 of 402/25/13 at 12:27ampost #38 of 402/25/13 at 12:42am
This is a complicated thread to have hosted in the Mindful Vaccine forum, which has a UA that reads:Quote:Mindful Vaccination - This is a support-only forum for those who are vaccinating selectively, on a delayed schedule or fully vaccinating on schedule. Members who aren't vaccinating should not post here to debate or argue accuracy or opinion of things posted.
FDP, I understand that you are currently vaccinating and may well want support-only style input from parents who choose to vaccinate. This is the appropriate forum for that discussion. If you would like input from members who have chosen to not vaccinate you should post another thread in the I'm Not Vaccinating forum.
I know there have been INV members posting here since the beginning on the thread. At this point members who are not vaccinating should stop posting on this thread. If FDP decides she would like input from the INV perspective she will start a thread in that forum.post #39 of 402/25/13 at 7:34am
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 21 minutes ago
- › Nursing my 2.5 year old who is driving me crazy! And H is telling... 30 minutes ago
- › "End mommy wars": What do you think? 37 minutes ago
- › Anyone showing already? 49 minutes ago
- › General Chat 52 minutes ago
- › Career 1 hour ago
- › Should I talk to my kids about PPD? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › 9-10DPO AF Due on the 18th 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Home use fetal heart doppler 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Is it legal for my landlord to.... 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher