When drs or nurses administer a vaccine, the child dies, shouldn't the dr or nurse be held liable for the death? Like, should it be labeled, involuntary manslaughter, or something like that....if more drs and nurses were held accountable for those kinds of deaths of babies, do you think the vaccine industry would change?
Related Forum Threads
- vaccine research Last post on Today at 8:39 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- I feel like I am the only one in the world that choses not to vaccinate :( Last post on Today at 4:21 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Anti-vax/delayed vax friendly dr near Schenectady NY Last post on 5/23/13 at 1:01pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- 4 mo old has cough... Can't get pertussis off my mind! Last post on Yesterday at 12:14 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- do i need an exemption if homeschooling? Last post on 5/23/13 at 9:08am in I'm Not Vaccinating
Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
Edited on 2/24/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesEdited on 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsEdited on 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentEdited on 3/8/13
- The Right to RefuseEdited on 3/20/13
Should They Be Charged?post #1 of 81/19/13 at 4:18amThread Starterpost #2 of 81/19/13 at 5:49ampost #3 of 81/19/13 at 6:29ampost #4 of 81/19/13 at 6:30am
It depends on circumstances.
If the doctor explained the risks of vaccination, including death, and followed all safe handling practices properly - then no.
Charging a doctor would have to be consistent with other drug practices - we don't charge doctors when patients die from other drugs, if it is a known risk.
Anecdotally, I do not think doctors do the best job of explaining risks. So many posters come on and say they were not given VIS sheets, were given them after the vaccines, the doctor could not answer the questions, but they felt pressured to vaccinate anyways (in which case there is the question of if the parents are also culpable ).
A doctor in France was recently charged for not telling his patient that hep B vaccine may cause MS. http://www.polkmoms.com/forum/topics/court-fines-doctor-who-did-not-tell-patient-hepatitis-b-vaccine
Edited by kathymuggle - 1/19/13 at 6:45ampost #5 of 81/19/13 at 6:50ampost #6 of 81/19/13 at 7:00am
the dr should be giving materials and going over side effects before giving vaccines, i think if they dont then there should be some kind of liability there. when a dr prescribes a drug and you go to the pharmacy to pick it up they give you that information with the med so in that kind of situation it would be a known risk. if i took my child to a well visit and the nurse is all "oh time for these vaccines today" that doesnt give the parent time to do any kind of research in advance. its not a known risk if you arent told or given the chance to find outpost #7 of 81/19/13 at 12:30pm
I would say no. Hopefully sometime in the future, we will see change, and doctors will be legally required to inform patients of all the risks involved with vaccines...but I'm not holding my breath.post #8 of 81/19/13 at 2:18pm
They should be required to FULLY inform patients - not sugar coat it, not bias it with opinion, not pick and choose like a buffet which info they pass on, and certainly not threaten, belittle, or use scare tactics to coerce people into 'following the drs orders'. I think if you could prove that any of these occured prior to the vaccination that caused injury, then absolutely the drs should be held accountable! It's their job to make informed decisions and to inform. If they chose the lazy route and didn't read the vaccine inserts or studeis themselves, and rather took information from a pharmaceutical rep at face value, then they did not do their job properly. No one ever said becoming a dr was easy - it's a lifetime commitment to constant learning and being able to adapt to change. If these drs only take what they learn in school and never grow, what good does that do the public?
Bet your a$$ if I did choose to vax my kid (I don't) and she died following the vaccination, I would sell my house and live in a box under a bridge to pay for the lawyers and make sure justice was served. Far too easy for them to pass it off on the unknown - there is absolutely no accountability in the medical world for wrongdoing and it's disgusting.
- Should They Be Charged?
- Resources for Non-vaccinating Families
- › Chapter Books with Diverse Characters for 7 year old 1 minute ago
- › vaccine research 5 minutes ago
- › Roll Call! 7 minutes ago
- › "I'm in labor!" thread - May 2013 DDC 8 minutes ago
- › Anyone thinking about diapering yet? 9 minutes ago
- › 40 week roll call! 14 minutes ago
- › Pregnant and extremely nervous 18 minutes ago
- › How are you feeling? 25 minutes ago
- › Weird pregnancy dream 30 minutes ago
- › Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition 31 minutes ago
- › Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag by matope
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by matope
- › Bebe Au Lait Nursing Cover by matope
- › Lansinoh Lanolin for Breastfeeding Mothers 2 oz (56 g) by matope
- › Philips AVENT Washable Nursing Pads, 6 Count by matope
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by matope
- › TRADITIONAL MEDICINALS TEAS Mother's Milk Tea 16 bags by matope
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by matope
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by matope
- › Glamourmom Nursing Bra Tank by matope
- › Pause for Presence: A Personal Reflection by Marcy Axness
- › Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book,... by Melanie Mayo
- › Why We Homeschool by Melanie Mayo
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo