When drs or nurses administer a vaccine, the child dies, shouldn't the dr or nurse be held liable for the death? Like, should it be labeled, involuntary manslaughter, or something like that....if more drs and nurses were held accountable for those kinds of deaths of babies, do you think the vaccine industry would change?
- topicVaccinationstagged by System, 1/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Chicken Pox and Medically Fragile Last post on Yesterday at 5:25 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- 23andme Crack down by FDA, just what we need, more regulations! Last post on 12/7/13 at 9:51am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- SIL wont let my kids see her newborn Last post on 12/7/13 at 3:57pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Requesting a tiny bit of support... or a smack on the head Last post on 12/7/13 at 10:58am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Chicken Pox - My son has been excused from school Last post on 12/6/13 at 10:35am in I'm Not Vaccinating
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 2/24/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesLast edited: 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentLast edited: 3/8/13
Should They Be Charged?post #1 of 81/19/13 at 4:18amThread Starterpost #2 of 81/19/13 at 5:49ampost #3 of 81/19/13 at 6:29ampost #4 of 81/19/13 at 6:30am
It depends on circumstances.
If the doctor explained the risks of vaccination, including death, and followed all safe handling practices properly - then no.
Charging a doctor would have to be consistent with other drug practices - we don't charge doctors when patients die from other drugs, if it is a known risk.
Anecdotally, I do not think doctors do the best job of explaining risks. So many posters come on and say they were not given VIS sheets, were given them after the vaccines, the doctor could not answer the questions, but they felt pressured to vaccinate anyways (in which case there is the question of if the parents are also culpable ).
A doctor in France was recently charged for not telling his patient that hep B vaccine may cause MS. http://www.polkmoms.com/forum/topics/court-fines-doctor-who-did-not-tell-patient-hepatitis-b-vaccine
Edited by kathymuggle - 1/19/13 at 6:45ampost #5 of 81/19/13 at 6:50ampost #6 of 81/19/13 at 7:00am
the dr should be giving materials and going over side effects before giving vaccines, i think if they dont then there should be some kind of liability there. when a dr prescribes a drug and you go to the pharmacy to pick it up they give you that information with the med so in that kind of situation it would be a known risk. if i took my child to a well visit and the nurse is all "oh time for these vaccines today" that doesnt give the parent time to do any kind of research in advance. its not a known risk if you arent told or given the chance to find outpost #7 of 81/19/13 at 12:30pmpost #8 of 81/19/13 at 2:18pm
They should be required to FULLY inform patients - not sugar coat it, not bias it with opinion, not pick and choose like a buffet which info they pass on, and certainly not threaten, belittle, or use scare tactics to coerce people into 'following the drs orders'. I think if you could prove that any of these occured prior to the vaccination that caused injury, then absolutely the drs should be held accountable! It's their job to make informed decisions and to inform. If they chose the lazy route and didn't read the vaccine inserts or studeis themselves, and rather took information from a pharmaceutical rep at face value, then they did not do their job properly. No one ever said becoming a dr was easy - it's a lifetime commitment to constant learning and being able to adapt to change. If these drs only take what they learn in school and never grow, what good does that do the public?
Bet your a$$ if I did choose to vax my kid (I don't) and she died following the vaccination, I would sell my house and live in a box under a bridge to pay for the lawyers and make sure justice was served. Far too easy for them to pass it off on the unknown - there is absolutely no accountability in the medical world for wrongdoing and it's disgusting.
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › Birthday invite with “Please no plastic toys” 5 seconds ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 49 seconds ago
- › Anyone extended breastfeeding while working or in school? 1 minute ago
- › Craft projects for your baby 2 minutes ago
- › Legal Advice Needed Fighting 50/50 Child Custody (Pennsylvania) 4 minutes ago
- › Unwanted Baby Gifts 5 minutes ago
- › Please explain to me why.. 5 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Crochet vs. Knitting, what's the difference/ which one is easier to... 9 minutes ago
- › IVF Graduates thread!! 10 minutes ago
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Polar Express by Alyssa Eisner
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo