or Connect
Mothering › Groups › February 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Chat Thread 1.21-1.27

Chat Thread 1.21-1.27

post #1 of 134
Thread Starter 

Since the symptoms thread is reallllly long and is pretty chatty, I thought maybe we could start a new weekly chat thread as we get closer. I'm sure we'll have lots to say in the coming weeks. smile.gif

 

I'm feeling pretty good today and in general; a bit crampy, but I think that has more to do with my bowels then baby doing anything. I had my 37 week appointment with my hospital-based CNM group today, and while I was happy to find out that I'm GBS negative, I was bummed that they just instituted a temporary "no visitors under 18" policy for flu season. There's a small chance it might be lifted before I go into labor, but not likely. greensad.gif This isn't uncommon or anything, though still disappointing as I really wanted my two-year old to be able to meet his sister ASAP. Now we have to wait at least 24 hours after the birth for discharge, which is probably THE biggest issue I have with hospital birth. Anyway have any experience leaving AMA? I probably won't do that, but it's tempting if everything goes well.

 

How are ya'll doing?

post #2 of 134

good idea Rach! I wanted to post my "update" but wasn't sure where, this is perfect!

 

38 weeks today! Had an appointment with my MW this morning, and I had her check my cervix. I've been having contx all day long for about a week now, and since I went to 42 weeks with DS2 I was really curious if I may only go to 40ish weeks this time! Anyway-- I am 2 cm's!!! Cervix is very soft, and baby is "nice and low"!! =D With DS2, I was only 1 cm at 40 weeks! So, I am pretty excited to already be making progress. The hopelessness of last week is starting to fade, as I am getting REALLY excited to meet this new babe in about 2 weeks (instead of 4)!!!!

 

We have fun plans almost everyday this week too, thankfully, so that should help the week fly by!

post #3 of 134

Rach, that sucks! We left the hospital before we were supposed to with DS2 and no one had an objection. But once we decided to leave it still took most of the day to discharge us, so that's something to keep in mind. Catie, that's great you're already at 2 cm!

 

It's BRRRRR so cold here today! And tomorrow, too. Cabin Fever in full affect as there was no school today. And for some reason I'm scared to go into labor when it's this cold even though I will be birthing in my nice warm house. I guess it's just another weird labor anxiety.

post #4 of 134
I'm a little anxious tonight. MW thought baby was transverse on Thursday. She was concerned enough to want to send me for an u/s. so I'm having that in the morning along with another MW appt. I'll probably also find out if I'm GBS + or not tomorrow. AND my pee stick was showing high counts of something that could indicate a possible bladder infection so I'm getting tested for that tomorrow as well. Ack!! I don't have any symptoms though so really hoping it is nothing.
post #5 of 134

Rach, I've never signed out AMA, but I did recently learn that doing so does not preclude your insurance from paying, so if anyone tries to tell you that, they are mistaken. 

post #6 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny01 View Post

I'm a little anxious tonight. MW thought baby was transverse on Thursday. She was concerned enough to want to send me for an u/s. so I'm having that in the morning along with another MW appt. I'll probably also find out if I'm GBS + or not tomorrow. AND my pee stick was showing high counts of something that could indicate a possible bladder infection so I'm getting tested for that tomorrow as well. Ack!! I don't have any symptoms though so really hoping it is nothing.

try and rest and hoping for the best tomorrow!!!  that's a full day of things right there!

post #7 of 134

Sending you good vibes Jenny01!

post #8 of 134

I hope everything is ok, Jenny! *Hugs*

 

I'm doing pretty well here at 36+1 today. I went on a walk with my three older kids today and it felt really nice. I wasn't dying throughout it either, lol! I will admit I've done very little physical activity lately, just too tired. Although, I share the third floor with two of my sisters so climbing up and down the stairs all day can be considered a workout I guess. :)

 

I have BHs here and there and the BMs have increased which they do for me in the last weeks. I have been dealing with a lot of back pressure, which I don't remember having with my other babies. This baby tends to be posterior most of the time though (my first OP) so I wonder if that is causing the pressure. Overall, I still feel like I have a few weeks, but we'll see!

post #9 of 134
Good grief, seems like several of us are dealing with some amount of trials during this last little waiting period.
Hope all of you pass tests and babies are where they're supposed to be and you get out of the hospital quick to see older kids and aches and pains get better.

I'm definitely dealing with a yeast infection but it's slowly getting better. Just hoping babe holds on until it's totally gone so s/he is not exposed.
Other than that I'm actually feeling really good. Hips and back still bothering me somewhat but nothing like last pregnancy.

No more interesting contrax for me so I'm feeling really clueless as far as "feeling" like baby will come sooner or later. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow.
We live 45 minutes out of town, so I think I'm to the point of it not being a great idea for me to drive to town without DH. Don't want to be driving while in labor, especially since the last one (when it finally started for real) was hard and fast.
post #10 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinsmama View Post

Good grief, seems like several of us are dealing with some amount of trials during this last little waiting period.
Hope all of you pass tests and babies are where they're supposed to be and you get out of the hospital quick to see older kids and aches and pains get better.
 

yeahthat.gif i was just getting to the bottom of this thread and that was my exact thought! well said ;) 

 

I already started another thread about one of my issues right now..  i'm so restless!  37 weeks and waiting waiting waiting!

 

other than that, i have a midwife appt tomorrow, i'm half tempted to let her check my cervix cause i'm curious and it might make me feel like i won't be pregnant forever, but i don't think i will for another week or two.. or maybe not at all, i don't know!  its feeling more and more like my chiropractor appt today really helped, i'm not 100% better but i'm having a lot less pain - i was having intense pain behind my pubic bone where my pelvis is separating.. i've been very careful trying not to make it worse  .. i'm hoping the little bit of pain i have left will fade over the next few days - i did a bit too much goggling and now i'm terrified of seriously injuring something pushing out my giant-headed baby (all my babies have big heads :P )  I do have my chiro's cell # now in case it gets bad over the weekend again so that makes me feel better.. 

 

Josie mentioned multiple flights of stairs - i couldn't do that if i wanted to/had to i am only doing stairs to my basement once every other day at this point, or less, even the 3 stairs to get to my garage are bad and leave me in pain for hours - anyone else having these SPD/pelvic issues?  i've always had some hip pain and back pain but this is totally different..  i had DH set up my birth stuff, including the tub, in one of the downstairs bedrooms (won't fit anywhere upstairs other than the middle of the living room)..  now i'm kind of panicked about getting down there in labor, and i hope i can get back up afterwards!

post #11 of 134

thinking of you, jenny! i hope everything turns out the way you want it to at your appointment. 

 

i have never experienced hemorrhoids before, until last night. it feels awful and gross and i hate it. i got up and soaked a pad in witch hazel and it felt so nice, and i was able to sleep. i don't know how you mamas can put up with this. there is no face icon that has a ripping out my insides motion, but that is the face i would like to insert here.

 

also, no group b strep results yet, even though i had my test wednesday they are making me wait until my appt in 2 days, if they even have them then. i'm kind of a wreck over it. 

post #12 of 134

Hugs mamas!! I hope this week's issues are resolved soon for everyone. 

 

Kellybeth- I hear you on the hemorrhoids.  I got them last time during the end of pregnancy but they went away mostly when I wasn't pregnant, now they are back with a vengence- even the witch hazel doesn't completely relieve them now.  Ugh...

 

I am 36 +2 and am so relieved I made it to this point with all the issues I was having before.  Now that I am cleared for my home birth, I am ready.  I am pretty uncomfortable these days and just cannot imagine going another 3-4 weeks.  Maybe 1-2.  I was pretty much completely effaced and 3 cm this morning so hopefully that means it wont be too much longer.  I still have a few things to get done on my master list but many of them are not critical (still trying to get that carseat install done). 

 

Wishing everyone a wonderfully smooth home stretch!

post #13 of 134

I'm 35 weeks today.  I'm feeling pretty good physically, but starting to freak out a little about how much I still need to do.  My list seems to be getting longer!  The pile of baby stuff needs to be organized but I need DH to move some furniture before I can do that.  He has been pretty sick for the last week.  (I've been healthy so far.)  Hopefully, he's feeling better soon.  Part of me thinks he's milking it because he knows I won't be able to baby him as much once the baby comes ;)  

 

I wasted most of the day today waiting for the landlord to show up instead of running errands.  He had car trouble and never showed.  But I did get to scrub the bathroom,clean out the fridge and organize the linen closet while I waited.  

 

We go for a tour of the birthing center this week and I'm excited about that.  And our childbirth class is finally starting.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute!  

 

It's supposed to be 61 and sunny tomorrow.  I'm hoping to go for a mellow hike with the dog and enjoy the sunshine.

post #14 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillmoro View Post

Hugs mamas!! I hope this week's issues are resolved soon for everyone. 

Kellybeth- I hear you on the hemorrhoids.  I got them last time during the end of pregnancy but they went away mostly when I wasn't pregnant, now they are back with a vengence- even the witch hazel doesn't completely relieve them now.  Ugh...

I am 36 +2 and am so relieved I made it to this point with all the issues I was having before.  Now that I am cleared for my home birth, I am ready.  I am pretty uncomfortable these days and just cannot imagine going another 3-4 weeks.  Maybe 1-2.  I was pretty much completely effaced and 3 cm this morning so hopefully that means it wont be too much longer.  I still have a few things to get done on my master list but many of them are not critical (still trying to get that carseat install done). 

Wishing everyone a wonderfully smooth home stretch!
Yay! Congrats on getting cleared for the home birth. I have to get to next Friday and then my Dr will hand me the birth kit and grant us the official all clear.
post #15 of 134

my pelvis is feeling SO much better this morning! my chiropractor fixed me joy.gif there is hope for me lasting another month like this (which would be 41+ weeks, though i hope its only 2-3 more weeks)

 

& for TMI time, i was inserting my EPO last night and could actually reach my cervix- its super soft, i'd guess 50+% effaced (i'm not very good at guessing effacement) and at least 2cm, it could have been like that for weeks and it could stay like that til labor i'm sure since that is about what i was when my midwife first checked at 39 weeks last pregnancy.... but its still nice to have something going on  :)

post #16 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by typebug View Post

Yay! Congrats on getting cleared for the home birth. I have to get to next Friday and then my Dr will hand me the birth kit and grant us the official all clear.
Yay!!! Almost there Typebug! I will be sending you lots of stay-put baby vibes until next Friday.
post #17 of 134

Good luck at your appointment today Jenny!  Sending peaceful and comforting thoughts to everyone else!

 

I was 37 weeks on Monday so I'm in the clear for a home birth.  Just puttering, nesting, being mopey and exhausted....

 

Jean - It's also frigidly cold here this week.  Even though we're planning a home birth, I'm hoping the baby will come next week when it's supposed to be a bit warmer...

post #18 of 134

this is completely unrelated to pregnancy, but i need some input. last night my left ear started feeling all plugged up and swimmy, and i had no hearing out of it, whatsoever. i've never had an ear infection before (and there is no pain at all), and google is not helpful when i don't even know how to describe it. today i still cannot hear out of it. i don't have a cold or sinus infection, nothing out of the ordinary, except i'm alarmed that i cannot hear out of my left ear. anyone have any idea what's going on? 

post #19 of 134
Today I'm hoping for results from bloodwork, I believe I have cholestasis. Which happens to 1% of women in pregnancy. I'm the woman who is 'extreme' with my food and avoiding environmental toxins, so for something like this to happen to me is shocking. It's miserable with the itching and makes me feel über crazy! The results will either be a good thing and I can still have my home birth or opposite which means I have to meet with the back up OB. Positive thoughts my way would be greatly appreciated! I feel great, other than the itching, no complaints. 38.1 now and no where near feeling ready to be done. Though I wouldn't mind my sweet girl joining us this week smile.gif
post #20 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybeth View Post

this is completely unrelated to pregnancy, but i need some input. last night my left ear started feeling all plugged up and swimmy, and i had no hearing out of it, whatsoever. i've never had an ear infection before (and there is no pain at all), and google is not helpful when i don't even know how to describe it. today i still cannot hear out of it. i don't have a cold or sinus infection, nothing out of the ordinary, except i'm alarmed that i cannot hear out of my left ear. anyone have any idea what's going on? 

i used to swim/lifeguard/coach and sometimes would just have water in my ear.  2 most popular solutions are hydrogen peroxide poured in your ear, let sit for 30 seconds (it will tingle and make you a little dizzy) then poured out onto a towel.  or rubbing alcohol.  i've used both, but thing the rubbing alcohol makes the most dramatic 1 time application difference.  just 1/2 a capful (or an earful) straight into the ear, let sit, then turn your head and let it drain out.  i've never had an ear infection, but did have this sometimes over the years and my mom swore by the rubbing alcohol.  

 

but, if the rubbing alcohol doesn't work, then you might be dealing w/ something more serious!  figured i could give a quick try it out and see solution!

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: February 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › February 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Chat Thread 1.21-1.27