So I am having major sleep issues with my 10 month old.....so I thought maybe I should try an elimination diet. I just feel like wow, what am I supposed to eat! I found one diet that includes fruits, another that says no. I'm already a vegetarian. Then I'm reading all this info that it may take 5 days for diet to affect baby, so even keeping a log, how is that going to be helpfully. I'm so desperate, but it can't really be healthy to leave on rice and potatos for 2 weeks. I didn't even think about the almond milk I was putting in my smoothies. Ugh, I'm so hungry!
Related Forum Threads
- Any value in allergy testing for eczema? Last post on 5/17/13 at 6:11am in Allergies
- Most people say spitting up is normal, but... Last post on 5/17/13 at 9:40am in Allergies
- Allergy to Beets Last post on 5/13/13 at 6:37pm in Allergies
- How to start healing the gut? Last post on 5/17/13 at 6:13am in Allergies
- How long until dairy leaves your system? Last post on 5/8/13 at 5:36am in Allergies
Where to start?
I swear I'm not stalking you. I just replied to your co-sleeping post and thought to read the Allergies board b/c of what I went through with my DD.
I was on the Dr. Sears Elimination Diet. I know you're a vegetarian, so the range fed turkey on that diet wouldn't be an option, but there are a lot of other good suggestions on that site. It takes some time for your body to adjust. I was starving at first too. It will actually take 2-4 weeks for you to see the full effect of the elimination diet on your baby.
Do you have a good LC in your area? You could reach out for support, or maybe they even have a support group you could attend. It would help to talk with other moms who are going through similar issues.
- Where to start?
- › Show off your baby! 35 seconds ago
- › Baby Names Thread 1 minute ago
- › reputation? 4 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April & May 2013! 4 minutes ago
- › Leave Your Kids at the Park? 5 minutes ago
- › 40 week roll call! 5 minutes ago
- › Doing less 5 minutes ago
- › The Belly Thread! 8 minutes ago
- › New anti-cosleeping research 12 minutes ago
- › Exciting, Fun Preparations! 15 minutes ago
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo