So I am having major sleep issues with my 10 month old.....so I thought maybe I should try an elimination diet. I just feel like wow, what am I supposed to eat! I found one diet that includes fruits, another that says no. I'm already a vegetarian. Then I'm reading all this info that it may take 5 days for diet to affect baby, so even keeping a log, how is that going to be helpfully. I'm so desperate, but it can't really be healthy to leave on rice and potatos for 2 weeks. I didn't even think about the almond milk I was putting in my smoothies. Ugh, I'm so hungry!
Related Forum Threads
- Any value in allergy testing for eczema? Last post on 5/17/13 at 6:11am in Allergies
- Most people say spitting up is normal, but... Last post on 5/17/13 at 9:40am in Allergies
- Allergy to Beets Last post on 5/13/13 at 6:37pm in Allergies
- How to start healing the gut? Last post on 5/17/13 at 6:13am in Allergies
- How long until dairy leaves your system? Last post on 5/8/13 at 5:36am in Allergies
Where to start?
I swear I'm not stalking you. I just replied to your co-sleeping post and thought to read the Allergies board b/c of what I went through with my DD.
I was on the Dr. Sears Elimination Diet. I know you're a vegetarian, so the range fed turkey on that diet wouldn't be an option, but there are a lot of other good suggestions on that site. It takes some time for your body to adjust. I was starving at first too. It will actually take 2-4 weeks for you to see the full effect of the elimination diet on your baby.
Do you have a good LC in your area? You could reach out for support, or maybe they even have a support group you could attend. It would help to talk with other moms who are going through similar issues.
- Where to start?
- › Single and homeschooling? 21 seconds ago
- › Introductions! 1 minute ago
- › The loss of affection 1 minute ago
- › What do they teach in Medical School? 9 minutes ago
- › I just got a call from my day care provider 11 minutes ago
- › Exercise 12 minutes ago
- › Teaching problem solving and deeper thinking... 13 minutes ago
- › Egg yolk as first solid for baby? 14 minutes ago
- › Does anyone know how to do a good sandwich latch while lo is teething? 15 minutes ago
- › Relocating to Omaha, need pediatrician and friends! :) 15 minutes ago
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Lansinoh 20435 Breastmilk Storage Bags, 25-Count Boxes (Pack of 3) by KaliShanti
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo