Doctor said this was the most important one other than dtap.
- topicSelective Vaccinationtagged by Sol_y_Paz, 1/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need advice, research information, MMR and a 4.5 year old Last post on Yesterday at 7:19 pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- Hereditary Spherocytosis and Vaccination Last post on 3/7/14 at 3:51pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- Vitamin A & MMR Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:40pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- Kids, 10+, what's important? Also: getting kids informed Last post on Yesterday at 12:34 pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- is there anything i should take to help son with vaccine? Last post on 2/7/14 at 8:22am in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 12/26/13
- Pregnancy and the Flu ShotLast edited: 1/17/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
- Of Mainstream Media, Hate Mail, and VaccinesLast edited: 3/14/13
Toughts on prevenar vaccine?post #1 of 161/23/13 at 6:03pmThread Starterpost #2 of 161/24/13 at 6:59ampost #3 of 161/24/13 at 9:48ampost #4 of 161/24/13 at 1:02pmThread Starterpost #5 of 161/24/13 at 1:26pmpost #6 of 161/24/13 at 1:28pmpost #7 of 161/24/13 at 3:02pmpost #8 of 161/24/13 at 7:29pmThread Starterpost #9 of 161/26/13 at 8:43amI try to make my decisions on evidence and not anecdotes. This applies to anecdotes about vaccine reactions and vaccine-avoidable diseases. Doctors who tell me scary stories or here's-what-I've-seen anecdotes are less likely to sway me.
That said, I opted against Prevnar but will probably consider it if I have to go back to work and send DD to daycare.
Read the Prevnar chapter in The Vaccine Book and go from there.post #10 of 161/26/13 at 2:34pm
I have good info on that in German, too. While for some of the other vaccines (Tetanus, Polio) it was tough at the beginning to find a position for myself, pneumococcal was a no-go from the very start.
post #11 of 161/27/13 at 1:37pmpost #12 of 161/27/13 at 1:39pm
Our ND advised us if we were going to selectively vaccinate, this was the most important after Dtap. She said it's relatively common, and has a rare but possible potential to cause meningitis which can cause brain damage. I am a SAHM but I have a toddler who goes on playdates and a once weekly co op preschool program, and I wasn't willing to take the chance with our younger son (5 mo now). We chose to do Dtap, Prevnar and HIB.post #13 of 161/28/13 at 1:45pmpost #14 of 161/28/13 at 2:04pm
If the other link still not works try this one. Serotype replacement due to vaccines can lead to even severer and unforeseen illnesses.
Sorry I don't have a link in English but on a German site from 'doctors for individual vaccine decision' it is stated that children who have not been breastfed, are exposed to second hand smoke and/or are placed in day care at an early age as well as the use of antipyretics makes them more susceptible to aquire pneumonia, meningitis or otitis.post #15 of 161/28/13 at 2:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Minerva23
works fine for me. Here we go again.
That article from April 2008 - is it still relevent?
OP - did you mean to post in Mindful Vaccination and if so what kind of thoughts are you looking for. You're mostly getting reasons against vaccination here it seems.post #16 of 161/29/13 at 4:49amI was thinking about this last night. If it is true (which hasn't been shown conclusively, but it seems plausible) I think vaccinating my child is still the right thing to do. This is a concern that needs to be addressed by policy. Not vaccinating my child won't make them LESS susceptible to strains the vaccine DOESN'T cover, it will only deny them the protection I CAN give them to the strains it does.
Either way, this vaccine was an import one for me (and hib) and I can certainly see why the doctor would say that.
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › Older child uncomfortable 3 minutes ago
- › Breast pads 6 minutes ago
- › cold or flu? 6 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 8 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 8 minutes ago
- › POLL: Maternity Clothes, when did you switch? 10 minutes ago
- › March Chat 12 minutes ago
- › Birth Bead Swap - Sign Up Here! 13 minutes ago
- › How do you copy a pattern for use? 16 minutes ago
- › Heartbroken & whole other host of emotions 19 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo