Doctor said this was the most important one other than dtap.
- topicSelective Vaccinationtagged by Sol_y_Paz, 1/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone do Hib vaccine but NOT Prevnar? Last post on 12/5/13 at 5:15pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- If you are Selectivly chosing NOT to vaccinate for Chicken Pox...There is a National FB group... Last post on 12/4/13 at 9:56am in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- Daptacel vs. Infanrix and can you mix them? Last post on 12/5/13 at 6:50am in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- DTaP Scheduled: Nervous Last post on 11/30/13 at 2:09pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- non/selective vax friendly doctor Last post on 11/30/13 at 4:23am in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 2/24/13
- Pregnancy and the Flu ShotLast edited: 1/17/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
- Of Mainstream Media, Hate Mail, and VaccinesLast edited: 3/14/13
Toughts on prevenar vaccine?post #1 of 161/23/13 at 6:03pmThread Starterpost #2 of 161/24/13 at 6:59ampost #3 of 161/24/13 at 9:48ampost #4 of 161/24/13 at 1:02pmThread Starterpost #5 of 161/24/13 at 1:26pmpost #6 of 161/24/13 at 1:28pmpost #7 of 161/24/13 at 3:02pmpost #8 of 161/24/13 at 7:29pmThread Starterpost #9 of 161/26/13 at 8:43amI try to make my decisions on evidence and not anecdotes. This applies to anecdotes about vaccine reactions and vaccine-avoidable diseases. Doctors who tell me scary stories or here's-what-I've-seen anecdotes are less likely to sway me.
That said, I opted against Prevnar but will probably consider it if I have to go back to work and send DD to daycare.
Read the Prevnar chapter in The Vaccine Book and go from there.post #10 of 161/26/13 at 2:34pm
I have good info on that in German, too. While for some of the other vaccines (Tetanus, Polio) it was tough at the beginning to find a position for myself, pneumococcal was a no-go from the very start.
post #11 of 161/27/13 at 1:37pmpost #12 of 161/27/13 at 1:39pm
Our ND advised us if we were going to selectively vaccinate, this was the most important after Dtap. She said it's relatively common, and has a rare but possible potential to cause meningitis which can cause brain damage. I am a SAHM but I have a toddler who goes on playdates and a once weekly co op preschool program, and I wasn't willing to take the chance with our younger son (5 mo now). We chose to do Dtap, Prevnar and HIB.post #13 of 161/28/13 at 1:45pmpost #14 of 161/28/13 at 2:04pm
If the other link still not works try this one. Serotype replacement due to vaccines can lead to even severer and unforeseen illnesses.
Sorry I don't have a link in English but on a German site from 'doctors for individual vaccine decision' it is stated that children who have not been breastfed, are exposed to second hand smoke and/or are placed in day care at an early age as well as the use of antipyretics makes them more susceptible to aquire pneumonia, meningitis or otitis.post #15 of 161/28/13 at 2:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Minerva23
works fine for me. Here we go again.
That article from April 2008 - is it still relevent?
OP - did you mean to post in Mindful Vaccination and if so what kind of thoughts are you looking for. You're mostly getting reasons against vaccination here it seems.post #16 of 161/29/13 at 4:49amI was thinking about this last night. If it is true (which hasn't been shown conclusively, but it seems plausible) I think vaccinating my child is still the right thing to do. This is a concern that needs to be addressed by policy. Not vaccinating my child won't make them LESS susceptible to strains the vaccine DOESN'T cover, it will only deny them the protection I CAN give them to the strains it does.
Either way, this vaccine was an import one for me (and hib) and I can certainly see why the doctor would say that.
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › 3 year old won't eat anything remotely healthy. 10 minutes ago
- › This article bothers me. What do you think? 24 minutes ago
- › Does breastfeeding "ruin" your breasts? 30 minutes ago
- › Renters Rights and other laws pertaining to mold in a rental in... 31 minutes ago
- › Why are we so worried about vax vs non-vax? 33 minutes ago
- › In-laws won't let me cook placenta for holiday dinner! 36 minutes ago
- › Agonizing over Christmas gifts for kids!!! 40 minutes ago
- › Spare change (or more) for Holiday Helper! 42 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Clothing, Outerwear, and Shoes... 47 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Toys, Games, Puzzles, and Book... 50 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Brian Leaf
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo