I am really starting to worry. I want to be prepared. A girl my DD's age who lived on the same island just died of the flu within two days of being ill. I want to be prepared! What homeopathic remedies do you have ready, or herbs or food etc?
- categoryHealth Healing
Related Forum Threads
- whats the best elderberry syrup brand? Last post on Yesterday at 6:11 pm in Health and Healing
- Random nighttime vomiting + swollen, puffy face/abdomen in 11-year-old Last post on Yesterday at 6:42 am in Health and Healing
- Does anyone have AVIVA ROMM'S respiratory immune tonic recipe? Last post on Yesterday at 7:17 am in Health and Healing
- Orthokeratology for Children Last post on 5/19/13 at 10:52pm in Health and Healing
- Fevers: Is it normal for my dd to get fevers within 3 weeks of each other? Last post on 5/20/13 at 10:14am in Health and Healing
this FLU-what are you doing to prevent it and WHAT would you do if your children get it?
I hear you! My mantra right now is, "A healthy immune system kicks a flu shots butt any day!" My DS is 6 months and he's not getting a flu shot. When there are waves of sickness going through my community I try to keep my boy home, we go out for walks but stay away from crowded places, I wash my hands and make everyone else wash their hands when they come home and he's not on solids yet so I'm just making sure I'm eating the highest quality diet possible for his breast milk. If my boy were eating foods, I would make sure that he was getting bone broth in every meal and consider a CLO supplement in addition to lots and lots of greens, shitake mushrooms, ginger, garlic, etc.
And this video is for whooping cough, but she does have some home made cough syrups and soups for illness. And one that might be of interest to you, a supposedly (I haven't tried it yet!) delicious garlic lemon tea. Apparently it's a great immune booster. Hope that helps some!
Remember pediatric deaths from influenza are relatively rare. I know someone struck by lightening but that doesn't increase my risk. I guess I'm saying that she's rare and it's horribly sad and I can see how it would make you feel fearful. But do keep reminding yourself that the risk is really not that great.
If it helps your fears at all, both my kids got it, and it was quite mild. My son had a stuffy nose and was slightly warm one night. My daughter had a deep chest cough, stuffy nose, and ran a fever one night. That was it.
Can I ask you how you know this was the flu? Were your children tested?
Nope, not tested, but they followed the similar pattern that The Hubby and I do when we get the flu.
Edited to add: Forgot to say that they both had body aches.
Edited by Lazurii - 2/1/13 at 2:29pm
- this FLU-what are you doing to prevent it and WHAT would you do if your children get it?
- › URGENT- Oregon bill to end religious exemption--- X-posted 2 minutes ago
- › Tale of woe - gestational diabetes test 3 minutes ago
- › URGENT- Oregon bill to end religious exemption--- X-posted 4 minutes ago
- › Leave Your Kids at the Park? 4 minutes ago
- › Calling all homeschoolers.... 6 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 6 minutes ago
- › Does breastfeeding make travel easier? 7 minutes ago
- › Tetanis help - pic 11 minutes ago
- › When do you tell family and older siblings? 12 minutes ago
- › What Curriculum are you Using? 14 minutes ago
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by Cathlin
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Lansinoh 20435 Breastmilk Storage Bags, 25-Count Boxes (Pack of 3) by KaliShanti
- › Medela Pump and Save Storage Bags- 20-count by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by KaliShanti
- › Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Breast Pump by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT BPA Free Natural Polypropylene Bottles by KaliShanti
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo