This is a lot more reasonable to read as opposed to what has been all over the internet, news, etc.
- productSaying No to Vaccinestagged by mamazee, 5/31/13
- productThe Vaccine Controversy: The History, Use, and Safety of Vaccinationstagged by mamazee, 5/31/13
- topicVaccinationstagged by mamazee, 5/31/13
- topicVaccinestagged by mamazee, 5/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- I'm not anti-vax, I'm pro-research! Last post on 4/5/13 at 9:56am in Vaccinations Debate
- Forced Vaccinations: Stepping into Eugenics? Last post on 11/5/12 at 6:02am in Vaccinations Debate
- Debate this meme Last post on 10/21/13 at 5:29am in Vaccinations Debate
- Vaccination Forum Moved? Last post on 9/30/13 at 9:32pm in Site Help
- Observations about pertussis and vaccines from a peds RN Last post on 10/11/13 at 7:04pm in Vaccinating on Schedule
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Why You Should Question Vaccines For Your ChildrenLast edited: 3/14/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 2/24/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesLast edited: 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
Piers Morgan falls ill days after a public flu shot with Dr Oz - Page 5post #81 of 1361/25/13 at 9:08ampost #82 of 1361/25/13 at 9:13ampost #83 of 1361/25/13 at 9:15ampost #84 of 1361/25/13 at 9:19amQuote:
Just like obama releasing his birth certificate put all that nonsense to rest. Oh wait.post #85 of 1361/25/13 at 9:19ampost #86 of 1361/25/13 at 9:23am
In the second article linked, this statement caught my attention... "Barbara Ferrer, director of the Boston public health commission, said the emergency was declared in part to get residents’ attention. She said that the 700 confirmed cases represent only those reported to the city and that thousands of other people may be ill." My interpretation is, let's scare everyone so they get a shot. So, is there an actual emergency or not?? Probably not.
This is also interesting... "LaKeisha Davis, 23, was at the Whittier Street Health Center on Wednesday for treatment of unrelated pain when she heard about the flu emergency being declared in Boston. She took a flu vaccine on the spot, fearing that if she got the flu her 4-year-old daughter might catch it as well. ‘‘I love her more than anything in the world and I don’t want anything to happen to her,’’ Davis said." And then let's add drama to the mix.post #87 of 1361/25/13 at 10:12ampost #88 of 1361/25/13 at 10:19ampost #89 of 1361/25/13 at 11:24amThread StarterQuote:
Oh yes it is. To have a big name like Piers Morgan come out and say the flu vaccine doesn't work is a PR problem. I promise. This is a managed perception issue. It will remind all the other people who watched him who had the flu shot and then got sick, "Yeah, the flu shot doesn't work". Honest.post #90 of 1361/25/13 at 11:29ampost #91 of 1361/25/13 at 11:42amThread Starterpost #92 of 1361/25/13 at 11:51amQuote:
Doesn't prove anything. It's well known flu vaccine cannot stopping 100% of people getting the flu - but it reduces the risk of catching flu by about 50%, hence it will reduce overall the numbers of people getting flu.
#FluVaccineIsn'tMagicFairyDustpost #93 of 1361/25/13 at 11:56ampost #94 of 1361/25/13 at 12:21pmThread StarterQuote:
All this doesn't matter. What matters to the perveyors of the flu vaccine is that people take it. When stories like this get out, it damages the public's perception of the "usefulness" of the product.post #95 of 1361/25/13 at 12:25pmpost #96 of 1361/25/13 at 12:27pmThread Starterpost #97 of 1361/25/13 at 12:28pmQuote:And if your risk of catching flu is 4%, this means the flu shot may reduce your risk to 2%. Woo- impressive. Honest.
#fluvaxisuselessandriskypost #98 of 1361/25/13 at 12:32pmQuote:
I don't know that it's been buried, but rather, very few people give a rat's ass about Piers Morgan's sore throat/runny nose when compared to...anything else.post #99 of 1361/25/13 at 12:43pm
I don't believe the flu shot causes the flu. I just don't believe that the flu shots work. I believe it's far less efficacious than the propaganda would have us believe. I know many people (and know of others) who had a flu shot--and still got the flu (with enough time for the vaccine to take effect). Likewise, in 2009, everyone I knew who got swine flu in the fall had the regular flu shot first.
I say, fine, get the flu shot if you feel like it. I am just tired of the media making it sound like anyone who chooses not to get a flu shot is endangering others or believing that they'll get the flu from the shot. Again, not counting the nasal vaccine, which can spread the flu, the inactivated flu shot doesn't give someone the flu. The problem is that there is a poor efficacy rate (as the Cochrane Collaboration found in 2010).
Finally, no one mentions that H3N2 also went around the US in 1996-1997. So, even if the strains are somewhat different, some of us already have immunity from having seen similar strains before this. Similarly, if someone had H1N1, why are they pressured to get another vaccine that includes the H1N1 strain? It doesn't make sense.post #100 of 1361/25/13 at 12:59pmQuote:
Hundreds and even thousands of people die every season--no matter how severe the flu is.
But in the last 10 years, the pharmaceutical industry, aided by the US government, has mounted massive a propaganda campaign in order to promote--and eventually mandate--the flu shot.
That propaganda campaign has included the CDC'S drastically exaggerated claims of deaths from the flu, as the deaths of the elderly from pneumonia, from unconfirmed flu-like viruses, and even deaths from old age were included as part of the hype. It's also included a virtual storm from the media of "this is going to be a severe flu season!" Funny, we've seen this for a several years in a row now. And it's never been a severe flu season.
A couple of decades ago, it was like this:
Mary: I think I've got the flu. Guess I'll stay home from work today.
Tom: Bummer. Hope you feel better soon.
Now it's like this:
Mary: OMG I'VE GOT A SORE THROAT! AND A FEVER!!! AND OMG MY HEAD HURTS AND MY JOINTS ACHE! I"VE GOT THE FLU! I NEED TO GO TO THE DOCTOR! TO THE HOSPITAL! I NEED MEDICINE!
Tom: OMG, I'VE BEEN EXPOSED TO THE FLU! I NEED TO GO TO THE DOCTOR! I NEED A FLU SHOT! I NEED TAMIFLU! I NEED ANTIBIOTICS!
Yup. It's been a VERY effective propaganda campaign.
One has to wonder what the outcome would have been if they had spent as much time and effort hyping the results of the Cochrane review, which said that there is no evidence of benefit from the flu shot, outside of perhaps shortening the duration of a flu case by (drum roll, please)....1/2 a day.
- Why You Should Question Vaccines For Your Children
- › Does breastfeeding "ruin" your breasts? 49 seconds ago
- › Renters Rights and other laws pertaining to mold in a rental in... 59 seconds ago
- › Why are we so worried about vax vs non-vax? 3 minutes ago
- › In-laws won't let me cook placenta for holiday dinner! 6 minutes ago
- › Agonizing over Christmas gifts for kids!!! 10 minutes ago
- › Spare change (or more) for Holiday Helper! 12 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Clothing, Outerwear, and Shoes... 17 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Toys, Games, Puzzles, and Book... 20 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper: Family Focus! 22 minutes ago
- › Spring/Summer 2013 Pregnant Bajingos - Having #1 in our 30s 36 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Brian Leaf
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo