This is a lot more reasonable to read as opposed to what has been all over the internet, news, etc.
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- productSaying No to Vaccinestagged by mamazee, 5/31/13
- productThe Vaccine Controversy: The History, Use, and Safety of Vaccinationstagged by mamazee, 5/31/13
- topicVaccinationstagged by mamazee, 5/31/13
- topicVaccinestagged by mamazee, 5/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- I'm not anti-vax, I'm pro-research! Last post on 3/2/14 at 12:40pm in Vaccinations Debate
- Forced Vaccinations: Stepping into Eugenics? Last post on 11/5/12 at 6:02am in Vaccinations Debate
- Unvaccinated Kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders Last post on 3/17/14 at 12:52pm in Vaccinations Debate
- Debate this meme Last post on 10/21/13 at 5:29am in Vaccinations Debate
- Vaccination Forum Moved? Last post on 9/30/13 at 9:32pm in Site Help
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Why You Should Question Vaccines For Your ChildrenLast edited: 3/14/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 12/26/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesLast edited: 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
Piers Morgan falls ill days after a public flu shot with Dr Oz - Page 5post #81 of 1361/25/13 at 9:08ampost #82 of 1361/25/13 at 9:13ampost #83 of 1361/25/13 at 9:15ampost #84 of 1361/25/13 at 9:19amQuote:
Just like obama releasing his birth certificate put all that nonsense to rest. Oh wait.post #85 of 1361/25/13 at 9:19ampost #86 of 1361/25/13 at 9:23am
In the second article linked, this statement caught my attention... "Barbara Ferrer, director of the Boston public health commission, said the emergency was declared in part to get residents’ attention. She said that the 700 confirmed cases represent only those reported to the city and that thousands of other people may be ill." My interpretation is, let's scare everyone so they get a shot. So, is there an actual emergency or not?? Probably not.
This is also interesting... "LaKeisha Davis, 23, was at the Whittier Street Health Center on Wednesday for treatment of unrelated pain when she heard about the flu emergency being declared in Boston. She took a flu vaccine on the spot, fearing that if she got the flu her 4-year-old daughter might catch it as well. ‘‘I love her more than anything in the world and I don’t want anything to happen to her,’’ Davis said." And then let's add drama to the mix.post #87 of 1361/25/13 at 10:12ampost #88 of 1361/25/13 at 10:19ampost #89 of 1361/25/13 at 11:24amThread StarterQuote:
Oh yes it is. To have a big name like Piers Morgan come out and say the flu vaccine doesn't work is a PR problem. I promise. This is a managed perception issue. It will remind all the other people who watched him who had the flu shot and then got sick, "Yeah, the flu shot doesn't work". Honest.post #90 of 1361/25/13 at 11:29ampost #91 of 1361/25/13 at 11:42amThread Starterpost #92 of 1361/25/13 at 11:51amQuote:
Doesn't prove anything. It's well known flu vaccine cannot stopping 100% of people getting the flu - but it reduces the risk of catching flu by about 50%, hence it will reduce overall the numbers of people getting flu.
#FluVaccineIsn'tMagicFairyDustpost #93 of 1361/25/13 at 11:56ampost #94 of 1361/25/13 at 12:21pmThread StarterQuote:
All this doesn't matter. What matters to the perveyors of the flu vaccine is that people take it. When stories like this get out, it damages the public's perception of the "usefulness" of the product.post #95 of 1361/25/13 at 12:25pmpost #96 of 1361/25/13 at 12:27pmThread Starterpost #97 of 1361/25/13 at 12:28pmQuote:And if your risk of catching flu is 4%, this means the flu shot may reduce your risk to 2%. Woo- impressive. Honest.
#fluvaxisuselessandriskypost #98 of 1361/25/13 at 12:32pmQuote:
I don't know that it's been buried, but rather, very few people give a rat's ass about Piers Morgan's sore throat/runny nose when compared to...anything else.post #99 of 1361/25/13 at 12:43pm
I don't believe the flu shot causes the flu. I just don't believe that the flu shots work. I believe it's far less efficacious than the propaganda would have us believe. I know many people (and know of others) who had a flu shot--and still got the flu (with enough time for the vaccine to take effect). Likewise, in 2009, everyone I knew who got swine flu in the fall had the regular flu shot first.
I say, fine, get the flu shot if you feel like it. I am just tired of the media making it sound like anyone who chooses not to get a flu shot is endangering others or believing that they'll get the flu from the shot. Again, not counting the nasal vaccine, which can spread the flu, the inactivated flu shot doesn't give someone the flu. The problem is that there is a poor efficacy rate (as the Cochrane Collaboration found in 2010).
Finally, no one mentions that H3N2 also went around the US in 1996-1997. So, even if the strains are somewhat different, some of us already have immunity from having seen similar strains before this. Similarly, if someone had H1N1, why are they pressured to get another vaccine that includes the H1N1 strain? It doesn't make sense.post #100 of 1361/25/13 at 12:59pmQuote:
Hundreds and even thousands of people die every season--no matter how severe the flu is.
But in the last 10 years, the pharmaceutical industry, aided by the US government, has mounted massive a propaganda campaign in order to promote--and eventually mandate--the flu shot.
That propaganda campaign has included the CDC'S drastically exaggerated claims of deaths from the flu, as the deaths of the elderly from pneumonia, from unconfirmed flu-like viruses, and even deaths from old age were included as part of the hype. It's also included a virtual storm from the media of "this is going to be a severe flu season!" Funny, we've seen this for a several years in a row now. And it's never been a severe flu season.
A couple of decades ago, it was like this:
Mary: I think I've got the flu. Guess I'll stay home from work today.
Tom: Bummer. Hope you feel better soon.
Now it's like this:
Mary: OMG I'VE GOT A SORE THROAT! AND A FEVER!!! AND OMG MY HEAD HURTS AND MY JOINTS ACHE! I"VE GOT THE FLU! I NEED TO GO TO THE DOCTOR! TO THE HOSPITAL! I NEED MEDICINE!
Tom: OMG, I'VE BEEN EXPOSED TO THE FLU! I NEED TO GO TO THE DOCTOR! I NEED A FLU SHOT! I NEED TAMIFLU! I NEED ANTIBIOTICS!
Yup. It's been a VERY effective propaganda campaign.
One has to wonder what the outcome would have been if they had spent as much time and effort hyping the results of the Cochrane review, which said that there is no evidence of benefit from the flu shot, outside of perhaps shortening the duration of a flu case by (drum roll, please)....1/2 a day.
- Why You Should Question Vaccines For Your Children
- › Interested in trying out a new probiotic just for kids? This... 36 seconds ago
- › Nursing Tops? 3 minutes ago
- › Shortening cervix 16 weeks 4 minutes ago
- › names, names and more names... 5 minutes ago
- › Moving to Rosarito / Tijuana beach area 5 minutes ago
- › Telling a friend who is struggling with infertility 7 minutes ago
- › Vegetable Broth? 9 minutes ago
- › new member new mom.. need advice! 13 minutes ago
- › *~*~*~*~* December 2014 DDC Roll Call Thread! *~*~*~*~* 16 minutes ago
- › In Ohio and nearly ready to line my unvaxxed kids up for MMR 17 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › When Mothering Means Chaos by AmandaK
- › Calming Yourself During Colic: Expert tips... by KidsInTheHouse
- › 3 Simple Ways to Nurture Yourself by Marcy Axness
- › The Birth of River by Kristen Tea
- › The Never Agains by BrainChild
- › Day in the Life: A Graphical Representation by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Operation Meditation by Brian Leaf
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo