or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › I'm Pregnant › A free sling gift card for anyone who wants it!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A free sling gift card for anyone who wants it!

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

Hi there, 

 

I was going to buy one, but it does require you to cover shipping. So, if anyone wants a free sling while still having to pay for shipping, just let me know. First reply will get it. The sling company is www.sevenslings.com. 

 

-Hannah

post #2 of 11

The have free codes  everywhere for slings, nursing covers and car seat covers. The scam and the only way they make money is that you have to play $12 for shipping (real cost is about $3). They are not good quality. Skip it.

post #3 of 11
I paid the shipping fee for a free SevenSling sling and the quality is actually well-made. I got it because I like having carrier options so I figured why not. Compared to $50+ or even $100+ for others...$12 is ok by me. I just washed mine. Packaging and instructions are good, too. So I say....up to you mamas, if you want to try something different for $12. Or skip it and save your money. All good.
post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighPF View Post

The have free codes  everywhere for slings, nursing covers and car seat covers. The scam and the only way they make money is that you have to play $12 for shipping (real cost is about $3). They are not good quality. Skip it.

If it were a scam, there wouldn't really be a free sling. It is up to the consumer to decide if they want to pay 12 dollars for a brand new sling. Most slings are 50 plus dollars in addition to the 12 dollar shipping. I would have, but I have an old ring sling to use. Someone did claim it, and hopefully it works for them. :)

post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermontgirl View Post

If it were a scam, there wouldn't really be a free sling. It is up to the consumer to decide if they want to pay 12 dollars for a brand new sling. Most slings are 50 plus dollars in addition to the 12 dollar shipping. I would have, but I have an old ring sling to use. Someone did claim it, and hopefully it works for them. :)

 

My question, though, would be why is this sling $12 when, as you say, most slings cost $50 or more? What kind of labor practices does the Seven Slings company have? Is a 6-year-old in another country making the slings? Also, what kinds of chemicals are used in the fabric dyes, et cetera?

I can understand wanting to save money on slings - we're a moderate income household ourselves! But I personally bought a used, homemade sling from another mama for $35. I knew exactly who had made it, and exactly where the materials came from.

post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassesgirlnj View Post

 

My question, though, would be why is this sling $12 when, as you say, most slings cost $50 or more? What kind of labor practices does the Seven Slings company have? Is a 6-year-old in another country making the slings? Also, what kinds of chemicals are used in the fabric dyes, et cetera?

I can understand wanting to save money on slings - we're a moderate income household ourselves! But I personally bought a used, homemade sling from another mama for $35. I knew exactly who had made it, and exactly where the materials came from.

Good for you. 

 

My favorite sling is the maya wrap ring sling. I had one for my babies and gave it away, so I am borrowing my sisters. I am all set with what I have, but I wanted to offer it to someone who needed one. It is up to them to make those decisions. I am happy for you to have such wonderful ideals. We are all coming from a different spot with different needs and wants. Thanks for your input. 

post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassesgirlnj View Post

 

My question, though, would be why is this sling $12 when, as you say, most slings cost $50 or more? 

The sling costs about 50 dollars. This is a coupon code for a free sling, with 12 dollar shipping. This means that to the mama who asked for the code, she will only have to pay the 12 dollar shipping for an almost 50 dollar sling. 

post #8 of 11

I've looked at the sevenslings.com website, and used the "contact us" page (https://www.sevenslings.com/contact-us) to ask them more questions about their labor practices and the fabrics they use in their products. I'll report back here what I find out.

There's also an interesting section in the "contact us" page about "Marketing/Advertising": "We have our in-house affiliate program that if you are interested in doing Marketing with us, you can get paid on a basis of how many customers you refer to us that complete an order, you can see the link at the bottom of this site in pink labeled 'Join our Affiliate Program'".

mama2kaia and vermontgirl, are either of you involved with this company's "Affiliate Program"?

post #9 of 11
Nope. Not part of any program. Just took a gamble on a free sling! Regular consumer right here.
post #10 of 11
Usually when a new company is giving away free products or services it's just another way to get word out and about about the company...just a marketing strategy. Again, I'm not an affiliate--just a consumer! smile.gif
post #11 of 11
Thread Starter 

The gift card has been taken, no other discussion necessary. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: I'm Pregnant
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › I'm Pregnant › A free sling gift card for anyone who wants it!