Hey there, long-time lurker, infrequent poster here!
Back in my July 2010 ddc I remember we started a thread where people posted their lists of stuff they needed to do before baby arrives and could go back to update on accomplishments or add to their lists. It really helped me put together and follow-up on my own list, and seeing other mamas' lists gave me good ideas for preparation and things I had forgotten! (if there is already a thread with something like this, just point me to it and i'll post mine there)
So if you are list-crazy like me please join in and share! I'm so tired and disorganized this pregnancy with my insane 2.5 yo running around that I could really use the motivation...
My TODO b4 Baby list in no particular order:
- make appointment for house cleaners to come and do top-to-bottom clean incl windows
- put together sidecar crib, change table
- buy new & bigger fridge
- wash all old and new baby clothes, blankets, cloth diapers etc
- organize diaper station and baby's dresser
- stock freezer with ready-made meals, snacks and crockpot meals
- buy mama supplies for labour and after birth (need another list here entirely...)
- wash ergo, sling, and infant carseat
- buy new nursing cover
- find/clean/organize breast pump, bottles & all pumping and bottle accessories
- write up birth plan to give to midwives and post on wall at birth centre
- decide whether or not we'll use oral vitamin k this time- if so, order it!
- design email birth announcement
- potty train DS (working on this one, it's SLOW going)
- organize kitchen cupboards and pantry
- buy a bassinet or other portable around-the-house spot for baby to sleep/rest in
- KEGELS - yoga - breathing/birth practice and more kegels
- look for occasional baby sitter for DS
- Have more sex! to get DH ready for the dry spell I know is looming...
oh there is more... I know there is more...
Edited by expat-mama - 1/29/13 at 12:44am