Oh, I hear (some of) you on the anxiety. This is my second babe, and it's been four and a half years since I've done the whole newborn thing. I know we don't need as much- it's mainly cleaning/organizing/packing/cooking that needs to be done, but I'm anxious about getting it all done in time. In time being by the beginning of May- I'm due at the end of May. I'm hoping to go slow and not have to have a mad rush at the end, but I've got a full plate with college and DD, so we'll see how it goes.
I need to ...
1. switch closets with hubby
2. make new closet into combination diaper changing station
3. put away baby's clothes and diapers in a system that will work
4. set up co-sleeper (not til 34-36 weeks)
5. load Ipod with awesome birth list
buy or acquire:
1. an Ergo wrap
2. an infant carseat
3. an awesome Big Sister gift for DD
4. a changing pad
5. about 14 more diapers, plus soapnuts to wash, diaper pail, and wetbag
6. a new camera (will be taking lots of pictures!)
7. first aid/ baby care materials
8. breastpump and bottles, milk storage bags
cook and stock:
1. plenty of frozen backup meals
2. stock pantry w/ whole grains, beans, dried fruit, energy squares, nuts and seeds, etc. (month before birth)
3. stock fridge w/ fresh fruits and veggies, soymilk, etc. (weeks before birth)
1. who is going to be at birth?
2. who is coming to help in the days/weeks after birth?
3. try to find postpartum doula
4. decide if we'll use birth doula
5. how will I keep on top of washing diapers?
6. when will we bring DD2 to her new pedi?
7. will my insurance cover home postpartum visits?
8. when do I need to put DD2 on our insurance by?
1. whole house in month before birth (especially DD's room, kitchen, and bathroom)
2. THE CAR
1. birth bag for DD, DH, and I- have in the trunk by 34/36 weeks
2. emergency essentials for possible home or car birth
Phew. I think that's it! It's kind of a lot, eh?
Edited by OtherMother - 2/15/13 at 8:17am