Starting menopur tomorrow with an US on Saturday. Has anyone else concieved on their first round of menopur? or have tips for doing the self injection? DH and I have been trying naturally for 4 months now. Neither of us expected to have trouble but I'm learning this is more and more common anymore. It's encouraging to read others trial and error stories. Thank you for sharing...
- topicInfertilitytagged by trustingforthem, 1/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Fertility Challenged One Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:03 pm in Infertility
- FET - single injection Lupron day 21 - anyone familiar with this protocol??? Last post on 11/28/13 at 7:19am in Infertility
- TTC number 1 for two years Last post on 11/30/13 at 12:58am in Infertility
- Breastfeeding and Femara for infertility Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:14pm in Infertility
- I had a Miscarriage a month ago and am now 40. Is there any hope for me to have another baby... Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:24am in Infertility
How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...
Last edited: 11/25/13
- The Scars Mommy HidesLast edited: 11/18/13
- One Mom's Perspective on Why the New Health Care Reform is VitalLast edited: 10/4/13
- The Things You Should Never, EVER Say to Someone Experiencing...Last edited: 9/6/13
- My Road Through InfertilityLast edited: 9/3/13
Anyone starting Menopur this cycle?post #2 of 51/29/13 at 1:34pm
I got pregnant on my second cycle with menopur and letrozole. This protocol produces fewer eggs than all menopur. I have a friend who also got pregnant on her second cycle using menopur. It burns a little when you inject it. I found that if I rubbed it in a little, it seemed to help. Take your time when mixing the medicine.
I'm curious why your doctor prescribed injectables when you've only been trying for 4 months. Did they suggest Clomid or Letrozole? Is your age a factor? It's pretty standard to have a couple try for 6 months (if over 35) or 1 year (f under 35)before moving onto fertility drugs. The injectables are much more invasive and intense than the pills, and your chance of multiples is higher.post #3 of 51/29/13 at 1:58pm
Trying for 4 months does not sounds like having trouble! That sounds very early in the game to be going to an RE.
But as for the menopur... I did one round of just menopur, but did not get pregnant. I ended up producing the same number of eggs later on with just letrozole (aka femara, similar to clomid) and I really regretted not having pushed for that before spending thousands of dollars on injectables (my RE at the time said clomid wouldn't help me, that it was only for women who don't ovulate at all, and he never mentioned letrozole, which is routinely used for hyperovulation. I had to figure that out on my own).
So, you might ask about trying clomid or letrozole first, as both are just an oral medication you take for 5 days early in your cycle, versus the more invasive injections. Clomid and letrozole are also very inexpensive, versus the high cost of injectables.
In terms of injection tips... does your clinic offer injection classes? Those really help. In my injection class, we were able to practice right there in the classroom, which took some pressure off the first time doing it at home. Doing it at home... my advice is to get organized (have everything laid out on a table with clear instructions for mixing vials, etc.) and do it when you can really take your time and are not rushed, will not be interrupted, etc. The anticipation of the jab is worse than the jab itself, and you kind of have to just take a deep breath and do it. Icing the area until it was somewhat numb beforehand helped a lot. As did having DH give me a back rub while I was doing it!
Fingers crossed for you!post #4 of 52/10/13 at 11:25am
- The Scars Mommy Hides
- › Low supply - What helped you? 1 minute ago
- › How many have gotten a girl DTD the day before O? 3 minutes ago
- › What is my baby trying to tell me?! 3 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Cycle troubles. 14 minutes ago
- › Homebirth midwives in Northeast/Central Wisconsin 18 minutes ago
- › Are you a product of a SAH parent? 25 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Symptoms 26 minutes ago
- › Toys and games 30 minutes ago
- › December (already!) chat 32 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo