Starting menopur tomorrow with an US on Saturday. Has anyone else concieved on their first round of menopur? or have tips for doing the self injection? DH and I have been trying naturally for 4 months now. Neither of us expected to have trouble but I'm learning this is more and more common anymore. It's encouraging to read others trial and error stories. Thank you for sharing...
- topicInfertilitytagged by trustingforthem, 1/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Should I cancel this IVF cycle? Last post on 3/11/14 at 8:25am in Infertility
- HSG Postponed. Fourth Cycle of Attempted Scheduling. Seeking Opinions on Dr's Choices Last post on 3/12/14 at 7:34am in Infertility
- Should I cancel this IVF cycle? Last post on 3/7/14 at 6:27am in Infertility
- Gestational Surrogacy Last post on 3/8/14 at 12:13pm in Infertility
- Progesterone levels in pregnancy Last post on 3/3/14 at 8:30am in Infertility
Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations and Toys - Why Natural...
Last edited: 12/21/13
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...Last edited: 2/7/14
- The Scars Mommy HidesLast edited: 11/18/13
- One Mom's Perspective on Why the New Health Care Reform is VitalLast edited: 12/6/13
- The Things You Should Never, EVER Say to Someone Experiencing...Last edited: 9/6/13
Anyone starting Menopur this cycle?post #2 of 51/29/13 at 1:34pm
I got pregnant on my second cycle with menopur and letrozole. This protocol produces fewer eggs than all menopur. I have a friend who also got pregnant on her second cycle using menopur. It burns a little when you inject it. I found that if I rubbed it in a little, it seemed to help. Take your time when mixing the medicine.
I'm curious why your doctor prescribed injectables when you've only been trying for 4 months. Did they suggest Clomid or Letrozole? Is your age a factor? It's pretty standard to have a couple try for 6 months (if over 35) or 1 year (f under 35)before moving onto fertility drugs. The injectables are much more invasive and intense than the pills, and your chance of multiples is higher.post #3 of 51/29/13 at 1:58pm
Trying for 4 months does not sounds like having trouble! That sounds very early in the game to be going to an RE.
But as for the menopur... I did one round of just menopur, but did not get pregnant. I ended up producing the same number of eggs later on with just letrozole (aka femara, similar to clomid) and I really regretted not having pushed for that before spending thousands of dollars on injectables (my RE at the time said clomid wouldn't help me, that it was only for women who don't ovulate at all, and he never mentioned letrozole, which is routinely used for hyperovulation. I had to figure that out on my own).
So, you might ask about trying clomid or letrozole first, as both are just an oral medication you take for 5 days early in your cycle, versus the more invasive injections. Clomid and letrozole are also very inexpensive, versus the high cost of injectables.
In terms of injection tips... does your clinic offer injection classes? Those really help. In my injection class, we were able to practice right there in the classroom, which took some pressure off the first time doing it at home. Doing it at home... my advice is to get organized (have everything laid out on a table with clear instructions for mixing vials, etc.) and do it when you can really take your time and are not rushed, will not be interrupted, etc. The anticipation of the jab is worse than the jab itself, and you kind of have to just take a deep breath and do it. Icing the area until it was somewhat numb beforehand helped a lot. As did having DH give me a back rub while I was doing it!
Fingers crossed for you!post #4 of 52/10/13 at 11:25am
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...
- › Debate This Quote 1 minute ago
- › Moderator for this forum? 5 minutes ago
- › Cloth Diapers. 7 minutes ago
- › help me design my curriculum for next year! (5 year old doing... 15 minutes ago
- › Bajingo Mamas and Babies - Having babies in our 30s - '11, '12,... 18 minutes ago
- › A pediatrician's different perspective on why he doesn't accept... 19 minutes ago
- › Baby sleep habits. 21 minutes ago
- › Study: "Pro-Vaccine" Messages Not Changing Minds 22 minutes ago
- › Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! 28 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 35 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild