or Connect
Mothering › Groups › February 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Anyone else have ZERO contractions??

Anyone else have ZERO contractions??

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 

This is so unusual for me, midwife says it could be the different hormones because it's a boy.  With my 3 girls I had an irritable uterus, with contractions every few min's for 2-3 months before delivery.  Now, NOTHING!  I will continue to trust my body, but it just feels very strange to have zero indication of my body doing anything!  37w3d today.

post #2 of 24

i haven't had anything either. doctor keeps asking and i keep saying i have no idea what a contraction feels like. what i thought was a contraction saturday night which left me in a ton of pain was my bones spreading, apparently. 

post #3 of 24
Nothing here either. Just in a lot of bone spreading pain as well! I feel like a disabled penguin.
post #4 of 24

Okay, I know I'm just under 36 weeks, but I'd say at most I've MAYBE had painless BH, but I'm not even 100% certain of that.  No other contractions, and I think I know what "real" contractions feel like, b/c I had a couple during my m/c.

post #5 of 24

Nothing, nada, zip!

post #6 of 24

Have been having lots of BH for a few months now, but nothing painful or even really uncomfortable.  I keep waiting... I am 39 weeks today.

post #7 of 24

I'm having a lot of BH now (38+2), but i just thought i'd mention that i have a ton more ctx with my girls than i have with my boys (this one and #2) .. so the boy theory may be true..
 

post #8 of 24

I'm only having one at a time, super spaced out.  DH and I had sex last night and not a single contrax after, which is very unusual for me.  

:/

post #9 of 24

Nothing here either!

 

After sex? Nothing. After many RRL teas? Nothing. Walking? Nothing (except nerve pain).

 

At least a month of that "bone-spreading pain" though. I actually started questioning if that's what a contraction actually was and whether I had been misunderstanding what to expect over the past week or so because I get that pain several times each day for like ten minutes a pop. I spoke to a mommy friend who suggested that maybe that's just my body's version of getting ready.

post #10 of 24

Just back to my usual BHs. The real feeling ones I was getting last week disappeared. 

post #11 of 24

I'm having a million trillion Braxton Hicks, but nothing "real". And honestly, from what I've read, more BH don't tend to correlate with earlier/shorter labors either, so don't feel too sad about missing out on them!

 

And I think I am also having a lot more BH with this baby (a girl) than with my son.

post #12 of 24

I wish! I have BHs and also have ones that feel more real, as in, I feel them in my cervix. 

post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachieface View Post

I'm having a million trillion Braxton Hicks, but nothing "real". And honestly, from what I've read, more BH don't tend to correlate with earlier/shorter labors either, so don't feel too sad about missing out on them!

 

And I think I am also having a lot more BH with this baby (a girl) than with my son.


ITA. I had weeks and weeks of BH with DD2, and I've had weeks of them this time (36w2d). DD2 was 10 days "late" and my labor was 22 hours. In fact, it's almost opposite of what you say. Almost everyone I've talked to IRL who has early babies and short labors never had a single contraction they knew about until they were in labor.
post #14 of 24

had some steady and mild ones all night.

 

dtd this morning, and nada since.  whistling.gif

 

just glad to have the man back around (vs. 5 hours away on Long Island) and ready to rest, and hopefully this little one is close to ready!  

 

i'd love a baby today as it's my sister's birthday and 1-31-13 is pretty cool.  but since i'm up, typing and feeling pretty good, well, how does the Dylan song go "Oh no no no, it ain't me babe." 

post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseofPeace View Post

had some steady and mild ones all night.

 

dtd this morning, and nada since.  whistling.gif

 

just glad to have the man back around (vs. 5 hours away on Long Island) and ready to rest, and hopefully this little one is close to ready!  

 

i'd love a baby today as it's my sister's birthday and 1-31-13 is pretty cool.  but since i'm up, typing and feeling pretty good, well, how does the Dylan song go "Oh no no no, it ain't me babe." 

hubby refuses to dtd anymore, after our appointment last week and he found out how dilated i was. the doctor apologized to baby for the cervical exam, which he looked at me in terror thinking she poked her in the head. i explained that she apologized because it's incredibly uncomfortable/borderline painful and the baby feels that, too. looks like it's going to be a while. bawling.gif

post #16 of 24
my due date is in 2 days and I haven't had any contractions OR braxton-hicks.

been using epo and rrl for 2 weeks now, so if its preparing anything it's keeping it all real quiet, that's for sure.
post #17 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybeth View Post

hubby refuses to dtd anymore, after our appointment last week and he found out how dilated i was. the doctor apologized to baby for the cervical exam, which he looked at me in terror thinking she poked her in the head. i explained that she apologized because it's incredibly uncomfortable/borderline painful and the baby feels that, too. looks like it's going to be a while. bawling.gif

biglaugh.gif

 

yeah- last pregnancy it hurt due to cervical position so i was NOT OKAY and claimed time off the last month.  hubby has pretty much taken the 'if she's willing, i'm taking it!' stance from this point in pregnancy on!  b/c it is a while!!!

 

i think w/ the first, it's way scarier!!!

post #18 of 24

also have to take back above- had about a 2-3 hour reprieve, then back to having contractions every 10 min or so.  they're pretty earnest, but mild.  like 3-4 days out unless things pick up quickly.  but they could also just peter out and mean nothing.

 

soooooo annoying.

post #19 of 24

DTD is pretty uncomfortable for me, but I also want to take advantage of being able to do it.  I bleed for the full 6 weeks and I have torn both times, so it is a good 6 weeks before we DTD after baby is born.  That is way too long for me.  I would also like to encourage things along if we are close.  I don't feel like things are 'happening', but I can be hopeful!

post #20 of 24
I was on pelvic rest for most of this pregnancy (19-36 weeks) and have only been able to dtd twice since getting the go ahead. Part of me would like to get some in now for the same reasons as you, Chloesmama, but it definitely comes along with hours of intense ctx. I think I'm very sensitive to the prostaglandins:-) I think I will be trying to encourage things along this weekend and hopefully that will help...if not it's good relaxation practice for the real thing.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: February 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › February 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Anyone else have ZERO contractions??