Anything else to make the hit of the medicine a little less strong, especially on gut health? Any great ways to help your kids bounce back?
- categoryHealth Healingtagged by AdinaL, 1/30/13
Related Forum Threads
- Leg cramps during period? Last post on Yesterday at 5:53 pm in Women's Health
- Chronic Illness Support Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:40 pm in Women's Health
- Junk Food Cravings - Grrrrr Last post on 12/5/13 at 2:56pm in Women's Health
- Hypothyroid treatment and hair issues Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:33pm in Women's Health
- WARNING: Morning after pill loses effectiveness if ur more than 165lbs Last post on 11/26/13 at 5:52am in Women's Health
Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?
Last edited: 11/2/13
- The Crunchy Mom’s Guide to Working with Your PediatricianLast edited: 10/25/13
- An asthma epidemic and a climate crisisLast edited: 10/31/12
- Mood NeurotransmittersLast edited: 6/27/11
When you or your kids have to take the antibiotics...post #1 of 81/30/13 at 8:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 81/31/13 at 2:27pmI do Florstor while on antibiotics. The antibiotics can't kill it and it's great with suppression of candida as well. We do a Florastor with each antibiotic dose and Culturelle three hours after each dose as much as possible. It would be good afterward to do a probiotic proven to survive digestion and colonize. I really like Klaire labs. Your present probiotics/probiotic foods might be good, Andrew carries c. diff now after a hospitalization so we just continue with the big guns of Culturelle and Florastor.post #3 of 81/31/13 at 3:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by sbgrace
I do Florstor while on antibiotics. The antibiotics can't kill it and it's great with suppression of candida as well. We do a Florastor with each antibiotic dose and Culturelle three hours after each dose as much as possible. It would be good afterward to do a probiotic proven to survive digestion and colonize. I really like Klaire labs. Your present probiotics/probiotic foods might be good, Andrew carries c. diff now after a hospitalization so we just continue with the big guns of Culturelle and Florastor.
Wow! I was going to post almost exactly the same regimen. Just want to add that Jarrow makes a sacchryomyces boulardii that is a bit cheaper and just about the same as florastor in my experience.
I used to laugh that they make the "I heart Culturelle" tshirts. Now, I would totally wear one, LOL!post #4 of 82/1/13 at 10:18amThread Starterpost #5 of 82/3/13 at 2:09pmThread Starterpost #6 of 82/9/13 at 7:09pm
My son used to love Kombucha...before he was old enough to really discern it from other options :)
But i was going to add that in doing some research about post-antibiotic help, I found that pre-biotics are as essential as pro-biotics and actually make the re-colonization more successful. They kind of pave the way, so to speak. You can get pre/pro biotic combos, but you have to look for them specifically. The doc I was talking with about this said that it takes 18months for the gut to fully recolonize from a round of antibiotics! I don't have a source to offer, it was a private consultation, but I was thinking of looking it up because I had no idea....post #7 of 82/9/13 at 7:22pm
im interested in responses as well. im doubling up on my dd's probiotics, and am going to get more kefir for her. she has a very bad infection in her chest, and is having trouble breathing, i had no choice but to use them to get her well. poor duck..
i hate abx, but they do have their time and place when truly needed and other options failed..
i have a long history of misuse with myself for abx which long story short i suffer from some autoimmune issues.
hoping my dd can recover from this. that is scary it takes a full 18 months for the gut to recolonize. is that with or without abx??
- The Crunchy Mom’s Guide to Working with Your Pediatrician
- › Low supply - What helped you? 12 minutes ago
- › do you vaccinate your dogs? 55 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Want to help a family in need this holiday season? Become a Holiday... 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Clothing, Outerwear, and Shoes... 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Toys, Games, Puzzles, and Book... 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › February '09 Mamas ~ Childhood Chat :) 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo