Anything else to make the hit of the medicine a little less strong, especially on gut health? Any great ways to help your kids bounce back?
- categoryHealth Healingtagged by AdinaL, 1/30/13
Related Forum Threads
- Would this pic concern you or is this a lighting/angle issue Last post on 3/5/14 at 6:37pm in Women's Health
- Need Answers. Last post on Today at 4:39 pm in Women's Health
- Inner Vibration in arms, and muscle Twitching. Scared Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:23am in Women's Health
- would you wear shoes with some PVC in them? would you have your child on a blow up bed? Last post on 2/24/14 at 12:35pm in Women's Health
- Pain/Soreness Under Left Breast Last post on 2/19/14 at 1:59pm in Women's Health
3 Family-Tested Secrets to Not Getting Sick
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?Last edited: 11/2/13
- The Crunchy Mom’s Guide to Working with Your PediatricianLast edited: 10/25/13
- An asthma epidemic and a climate crisisLast edited: 10/31/12
- Mood NeurotransmittersLast edited: 6/27/11
When you or your kids have to take the antibiotics...post #1 of 81/30/13 at 8:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 81/31/13 at 2:27pmI do Florstor while on antibiotics. The antibiotics can't kill it and it's great with suppression of candida as well. We do a Florastor with each antibiotic dose and Culturelle three hours after each dose as much as possible. It would be good afterward to do a probiotic proven to survive digestion and colonize. I really like Klaire labs. Your present probiotics/probiotic foods might be good, Andrew carries c. diff now after a hospitalization so we just continue with the big guns of Culturelle and Florastor.post #3 of 81/31/13 at 3:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by sbgrace
I do Florstor while on antibiotics. The antibiotics can't kill it and it's great with suppression of candida as well. We do a Florastor with each antibiotic dose and Culturelle three hours after each dose as much as possible. It would be good afterward to do a probiotic proven to survive digestion and colonize. I really like Klaire labs. Your present probiotics/probiotic foods might be good, Andrew carries c. diff now after a hospitalization so we just continue with the big guns of Culturelle and Florastor.
Wow! I was going to post almost exactly the same regimen. Just want to add that Jarrow makes a sacchryomyces boulardii that is a bit cheaper and just about the same as florastor in my experience.
I used to laugh that they make the "I heart Culturelle" tshirts. Now, I would totally wear one, LOL!post #4 of 82/1/13 at 10:18amThread Starterpost #5 of 82/3/13 at 2:09pmThread Starterpost #6 of 82/9/13 at 7:09pm
My son used to love Kombucha...before he was old enough to really discern it from other options :)
But i was going to add that in doing some research about post-antibiotic help, I found that pre-biotics are as essential as pro-biotics and actually make the re-colonization more successful. They kind of pave the way, so to speak. You can get pre/pro biotic combos, but you have to look for them specifically. The doc I was talking with about this said that it takes 18months for the gut to fully recolonize from a round of antibiotics! I don't have a source to offer, it was a private consultation, but I was thinking of looking it up because I had no idea....post #7 of 82/9/13 at 7:22pm
im interested in responses as well. im doubling up on my dd's probiotics, and am going to get more kefir for her. she has a very bad infection in her chest, and is having trouble breathing, i had no choice but to use them to get her well. poor duck..
i hate abx, but they do have their time and place when truly needed and other options failed..
i have a long history of misuse with myself for abx which long story short i suffer from some autoimmune issues.
hoping my dd can recover from this. that is scary it takes a full 18 months for the gut to recolonize. is that with or without abx??
- Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?
- › ***The Bump Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › Have you bought anything yet? 11 minutes ago
- › Need some ideas to celebrate baby 16 minutes ago
- › Breastmilk and kefir 18 minutes ago
- › March 2014 *already*! What did you accomplish today? 19 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Photo Contest Sponsored by Sacred Pregnancy, Nordic... 23 minutes ago
- › Need Answers. 25 minutes ago
- › Nursing Moms, How is it Going? 26 minutes ago
- › Nausea 29 minutes ago
- › JK Rowling, keep your regrets to yourself! 32 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea