or Connect
Mothering › Groups › June 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Toilet Paper Squares

Toilet Paper Squares

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

Want to play along? 

 

My sister mentioned this idea to me as a means of measuring growth.  This would be good just before or after a shower when your belly is naked.  Pull out a run of TP and count how many squares it takes to get around your belly.  I imagine the TP square is pretty standard across brands ...

 

I'll add my contribution later today!

post #2 of 14

OK, I'm bored and waiting for my banana-chocolate chip muffins to bake, so I did this and my belly is 8.5 squares big!

 

 

(which is roughly 34.5 inches around!)

post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Awesome! Just measured mine... ~8 squares.
post #4 of 14

Nice, I'm at 9 squares ... 8th time I'm this pregnant so I'm saying not too shabby LOL
 

post #5 of 14

This was the one game I explressedly said I didn't want at my showers with DD... I am afraid to do it, my guess is I'll be something like 80+ squares or something!!! blush.gif

post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlikam View Post

This was the one game I explressedly said I didn't want at my showers with DD... I am afraid to do it, my guess is I'll be something like 80+ squares or something!!! blush.gif

 

 

No worries mama, I wouldn't dare play this game in the 3rd trimester LOL

post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 

I like to think of the game not as a measurement between women, but rather as a gauge of your own growth.  Just like the weight gain thread, we all know we are coming from different places.  I can't tell you how to feel but know there is no judgement coming from me! smile.gif

post #8 of 14

21 weeks and 10 squares. Cute way to measure thumb.gif  Unfortunately my 2 yr old saw me doing this and decided to try it out on himself.....
 

post #9 of 14
LOL, thats why we have toilet-roll locks!
post #10 of 14
I tried it out but dropped my tp partly in the toilet but will try it again. I am fairly ok with my body image, after all I am a fertile goddess growing life and all, but a similar game freaked me out last pregnancy.
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitteh View Post

LOL, thats why we have toilet-roll locks!


Maybe this would cut down on my TP costs...ya think?! mischievous.gif Most of the time there just isn't any anyway. Sigh...

post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlikam View Post

I tried it out but dropped my tp partly in the toilet but will try it again. I am fairly ok with my body image, after all I am a fertile goddess growing life and all, but a similar game freaked me out last pregnancy.


Yep. All this weight gain gets kind of depressing at times for me but in the end I'm proud of my huge belly (and it does get HUGE)  and each stretch mark is proof that I have given birth to 5 beautiful blessings and I wouldn't give them up for anything. love.gif

post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumkinsMum View Post


Maybe this would cut down on my TP costs...ya think?! mischievous.gif Most of the time there just isn't any anyway. Sigh...

 

Yes!  That's why when we moved into our new-to-us house and started to make it "ours" we installed TWO toilet paper holders per bathroom for double preparedness!

 

http://shelleypotts.com/pic/main.php?g2_itemId=5465

post #14 of 14

I'd probably need three rolls per bath.....orngtongue.gif
 

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: June 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › June 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Toilet Paper Squares