Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- productEmbrace: A Pregnancy Journaltagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
- productGreat Expectations: Your All-in-One Resource for Pregnancy & Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
- productHypBirth: Natural Childbirth Preparation Kit (DVD)tagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
- productIna May's Guide to Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
- productRaising Baby Green: The Earth-Friendly Guide to Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby Caretagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
- productSacred Pregnancy: A Loving Guide and Journal for Expectant Momstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
Popular Group Discussions
Post-partum check in here! 228 posts | Last post on Today at 4:20 am
Related Forum Threads
- vent about working while pregnant Last post on 8/26/13 at 11:51am in April 2014 Due Date Club
- In Labor or Warming up for Labor Thread... Last post on 8/4/13 at 5:34am in July 2013 Due Date Club
- Things never to ask a pregnant woman Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:42am in I'm Pregnant
- Infertility ONE Thread GRADUATES!!! - Summer 2012 Last post on 12/28/12 at 9:33pm in I'm Pregnant
- December Chat Thread Last post on 1/2/13 at 6:59am in April 2013 Due Date Club
The Hidden Risk of Epidurals
Last edited: 6/20/13
- Director of Birth Story on Mothering While FilmmakingLast edited: 10/3/13
- Birth in the 1950s and 60s: Interview with My GrandmotherLast edited: 9/11/13
- Practical Principles for an Empowered BirthLast edited: 9/11/13
- Empowered Birth: What is YOUR Story?Last edited: 9/4/13
Welcome! - Page 9post #162 of 1833/5/13 at 6:26am
1. Preferred name - JoAnna
2. EDD (estimated due date) - October 9
3. How long TTC (trying to conceive) - n/a (we weren't trying or avoiding at the time)
4. Part of the country you live in - Arizona
5. How many kids you have - this is baby #5, pregnancy #7
6. Profession - Editor
7. Hoping for a boy or girl (or don't care either way) and why - I already have two boys and two girls, so I don't have a preference, but I'm having girl vibes. My husband wants a boy so he won't be outnumbered. :)
post #163 of 1833/5/13 at 6:43ampost #164 of 1833/10/13 at 3:41pm
I'm brand-spankin' new here.
1. Preferred name: My screenname or any variation of that is fine, I generally don't post my real name online as it's rather uncommon.
2. EDD (estimated due date): October 25th
3. How long TTC (trying to conceive): Not trying, this is a huge surprise I'm still trying to wrap my mind around.
4. Part of the country you live in: SE Louisiana
5. How many kids you have: Three. They are 16, 13 & 3.
6. Profession: RN, work part-time & can't wait to quit. I think I chose the wrong profession, lol.
7. Hoping for a boy or girl (or don't care either way) and why: Doesn't matter, we have one boy and two girls. I guess it would be nice to have another boy for equality in the home.post #165 of 1833/11/13 at 8:00amGuess I oughtta introduce myself!
EDD: Oct. 25ish
TTC: This one was a welcome surprise!
Home: North Carolina
LOs: I have two daughters who will be 7 and 3 with #3 comes along
Work: I'm a FT WOHM in environmental science.
Hopes: Either one! I'd love having 3 girls, but I'd love to give my hubby a little boy, too.
Congrats to all of you, and I wish you all a happy and healthy pregnancy!!post #166 of 1833/11/13 at 9:36amThread Starterpost #167 of 1833/11/13 at 11:22am
1. Preferred name: Elisabeth
2. EDD (estimated due date): Oct 7
3. How long TTC (trying to conceive) : 1 1/2 yrs- lots of assistance
4. Part of the country you live in: Los Angeles, CA
5. How many kids you have : This is my first!
6. Profession: Airline Pilot
7. Hoping for a boy or girl (or don't care either way) and why: We're leaning towards girl, just feels like a good fit, but a boy would be fabulous too!!
I'm feeling pretty good at 10 wks. Just hungry all the time, and sleeping a lot at night.
Happy to be here!!post #168 of 1833/12/13 at 12:21am1. Preferred name: India
2. EDD (estimated due date): Oct. 19th
3. How long TTC (trying to conceive): unplanned
4. Part of the country you live in: va
5. How many kids you have: just the one in me
6. Profession: in school
7. Hoping for a boy or girl (or don't care either way)
and why: doesn't really matter
I'm 23 and so far I'm having no symptoms besides tender breast
Just on here trying to meet new people within the same circumstancespost #169 of 1833/12/13 at 5:10amThread Starterpost #170 of 1833/12/13 at 12:17pmpost #171 of 1833/12/13 at 4:55pmThread StarterQuote:
I've always wanted to go to that! Unfortunately, I work weekends.post #172 of 1833/14/13 at 2:54pm
1. Preferred name: Katie
2. EDD (estimated due date) 9/29-10/6...they can't decide!
3. How long TTC (trying to conceive)we were not TTC, but also did not take measures not too. We have been married a year, we left it in the hands of fate.
4. Part of the country you live in: FL, Clearwater/Tampa area
5. How many kids you have. Just fur babies!
6. Profession: Licensed Massage Therapist, self employed.
7. Hoping for a boy or girl (or don't care either way) and why: Either is great, but I am just feeling a boy vibe!
This all still feels so new. I am hoping to find positive support here. Looking forward to connecting with other new mamas!post #173 of 1833/14/13 at 4:25pmThread Starterpost #174 of 1833/14/13 at 11:32pmpost #175 of 1833/23/13 at 11:48pmHi all! Mind if I join you? I've been a part of the sept 12 DDC for a while, but my due date is either 9/30 or 10/1. Being at the tail end of the month means that most of the ladies in my DDC are way ahead of me in what they're experiencing, and I thought it might be fun to relate to folks in the other month LO might join us
1. Preferred name: my username's fine, and sometimes people on mdc have shortened it to "Jenny" which is fine, too
2. EDD (estimated due date): 9/30 by LMP, 10/1 by US... not a huge diff
3. How long TTC (trying to conceive): we miscarried an unexpected baby in September of last year, and had been hopeful though not actively trying ever since
4. Part of the country you live in: NW
5. How many kids you have: three- 2 teenage DDs and DS who is close to 2
6. Profession: SAHMish
7. Hoping for a boy or girl (or don't care either way) and why: I could go either way. Would love for DS to have a little brother, but would love another girl... I had a strong girl "feeling" at the beginning, but at this point I'm clueless. We're discussing whether to find out or let it be a surprisepost #176 of 1833/24/13 at 5:45am1. Preferred name: Grace
2. EDD: October 28
3. How long TTC: we weren't trying, but for one cycle weren't trying to prevent. I've never gotten pregnant without actively trying, so I was pretty surprised!
4. Where you live: Canada
5. How many kids you have: 3...all boys. They're 7, 5(in a week) and 19 months old. I've had two miscarriages, though, so it's my sixth pregnancy.
6. Profession: I've been a SAHM since my oldest was born. However, I recently trained as a postpartum doula and my first client is due in a couple of weeks! I'm both excited and terrified!
7. Hoping for a boy or a girl: I personally don't care either way. There are a lot of family members who would be greatly pleased if I had a girl. It's been a while since we've had a new girl in the family. Also, my 7 year old wants a sister. He doesn't know I'm pregnant yet, but he almost cried when I told him my last baby was going to be a boy and he still talks about how he wants a sister now. He loves his brothers, though. I'm sure he'll be fine either way!
I'm extremely happy that I'm pregnant, but still in a very anxious place. I don't see my midwife for the first time until a week from tomorrow. I'm just really hoping to hear that beautiful heartbeat!post #177 of 1833/25/13 at 4:12pm
prefered name wildgreen is fine
edd oct 4th
how long ttc our first month trying
where you live northeast
how many kids this w ill be our first
boy or girl. either will be great
I have been stalking here for a while but just heard the hb for the second time and starting to feel more confident.post #178 of 1833/30/13 at 9:03am
1. Preferred name - Ashley
2. EDD (estimated due date) - October 11
3. How long TTC (trying to conceive) - 1st try
4. Part of the country you live in - Georgia
5. How many kids you have - 3 girls
6. Profession - SAHM
7. Hoping for a boy or girl (or don't care either way) and why- We didn't try hoping to get a boy, just to complete our family. I would be thrilled either way!post #179 of 1833/30/13 at 10:04ampost #180 of 1834/7/13 at 12:19pm
Hi Ladies! I'm just joining the group today, at 11 weeks and change. I'm happy to meet you all and share this experience with others going through the pregnancy thing. I am 31, but haven't had any close friends or family that have been pregnant in the last two decades. So, I am basically learning as I go and happy for any guidance I can get from this forum!
1. Preferred name: Erica
2. EDD (estimated due date): October 24
3. How long TTC (trying to conceive): Weren't trying nor preventing, happily surprised!
4. Part of the country you live in: California
5. How many kids you have: This is our first
6. Profession: Environmental Scientist/River Restoration Specialist
7. Hoping for a boy or girl (or don't care either way) and why: Would eventually like one of each, but no real preference now!
- Director of Birth Story on Mothering While Filmmaking
- › IVF Graduates thread!! 29 seconds ago
- › 6 year old boy still pooping in his underwear--encopresis 34 seconds ago
- › Anyone Want to Rant or Rave About the Holidays? 2 minutes ago
- › Support for moms who are done breastfeeding, but their babies aren't 4 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 4 minutes ago
- › Unwanted Baby Gifts 7 minutes ago
- › December Chat 11 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread 14 minutes ago
- › should I be taking a vitamin/supplement? 14 minutes ago
- › Introduction 19 minutes ago
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Polar Express by Alyssa Eisner
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo