Hello, ladies! Excited to be here -- it's been a looooong wait. I think I am still in a bit of shock, actually ;)
1. Preferred name: Claire
2. EDD: 10/13/13
3. How long TTC: DH and I had actually just "given up" after over a year of TTC when we got an absolutely wonderful surprise this month. I have suffered with fertility issues stemming from complex ovarian cysts. I had a ~4lb cyst removed via laparotomy in October 2012, and I guess that sort of (ahem) "cleared things up down there" for the BFP I waited over a year for.
4. Part of the country you live in: Texas
5. How many kids you have: I have an 11yo DD from a previous relationship (and 2 amazing dogs who are like my kids). This will be DH's first. Anyone else here have kiddos with wide age gaps? Not too sure how to handle it, but DD is excited to be a big sister.
6. Profession: Sr Art Director at an Advertising agency
7. Hoping for a boy or girl... Everyone has been asking me this, and I really don't have an answer yet. I would be absolutely thrilled with either, but I think I am leaning in the boy direction this time (so far, anyway).
I really don't remember feeling symptoms like these the first time around -- I guess what they say about every pregnancy being different is absolutely true! With DD I don't remember being sick at all -- just a little sleepy and mostly hungry. This time around, I can't hold anything down (even water sometimes), and I am SUPER dizzy -- I almost fainted on Saturday, which has never happened before in my life, and the thought of food just makes me cringe. Ugh.....Hopefully this part won't last too much longer ;)