Hey Chachagizmo! What part of Minnesota are you living in? I'm a south Minneapolis girl.
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
Embrace: A Pregnancy JournalNo reviews yet.
- productEmbrace: A Pregnancy Journaltagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
- productGreat Expectations: Your All-in-One Resource for Pregnancy & Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
- productHypBirth: Natural Childbirth Preparation Kit (DVD)tagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
- productIna May's Guide to Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
- productRaising Baby Green: The Earth-Friendly Guide to Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby Caretagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
- productSacred Pregnancy: A Loving Guide and Journal for Expectant Momstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- vent about working while pregnant Last post on 8/26/13 at 11:51am in April 2014 Due Date Club
- In Labor or Warming up for Labor Thread... Last post on 8/4/13 at 5:34am in July 2013 Due Date Club
- Things never to ask a pregnant woman Last post on Yesterday at 10:03 am in I'm Pregnant
- Infertility ONE Thread GRADUATES!!! - Summer 2012 Last post on 12/28/12 at 9:33pm in I'm Pregnant
- December Chat Thread Last post on 1/2/13 at 6:59am in April 2013 Due Date Club
The Hidden Risk of Epidurals
Last edited: 6/20/13
- Sacred Pregnancy - The Movement: An Interview with Annie DaulterLast edited: 2/26/14
- Director of Birth Story on Mothering While FilmmakingLast edited: 10/3/13
- Birth in the 1950s and 60s: Interview with My GrandmotherLast edited: 9/11/13
- Practical Principles for an Empowered BirthLast edited: 9/11/13
Welcome! - Page 5post #81 of 1832/6/13 at 7:53pmpost #82 of 1832/7/13 at 10:37ampost #83 of 1832/7/13 at 4:43pm
1. Preferred name- Sadie
2. EDD (estimated due date)- October 9th
3. How long TTC (trying to conceive)- one month
4. Part of the country you live in- Arizona
5. How many kids you have- I have an 11 yr old dd, a 9 yr old ds, and a nearly 2 yr old ds.
6. Profession- Homeschooling mom
7. Hoping for a boy or girl - I would love another girl but of course I will love this belly bean no matter what!
Sooo glad to be here!post #84 of 1832/8/13 at 8:49am
1. Preferred name...Ciga is fine
2. EDD (estimated due date)...somewhere between the 6th-14th according to different calculators
3. How long TTC (trying to conceive)...this time around it took one try but we TTCed for about 6 months last year and then took a break after a miscarriage
4. Part of the country you live in...Maine
5. How many kids you have ... 1 almost three year old
6. Profession... Mama and metalsmith
7. Hoping for a boy or girl (or don't care either way) and why...I'm torn on this one. I've always wanted a girl but after having a rough and tumble boy I'm not sure what I would do with a girl. Not that she couldn't be rough and tumble too. Of course, with my first I couldn't imagine what I would do with a boy until he was in my arms. So, I'll admit that I would love to have one of each but I'll be so happy if my son gets a little brother too.
Wow, is anyone else exhausted?post #85 of 1832/8/13 at 11:44am
1. Preferred name: Deli
2. EDD (estimated due date): October 16/17!
3. How long TTC (trying to conceive): Been trying for TWO YEARS! After 7 months of Clomid I finally got a positive this morning! (13 dpo)
4. Part of the country you live in: British Columbia, Canada
5. How many kids you have: I have a 2.5 year old girl
6. Profession: Im a Grade 5 Teacher, called in sick today when I saw my positive....I knew there would be no way I could focus today! lol
7. Hoping for a boy or girl (or don't care either way) and why: Another girl would be nice! My daughter has so many beautiful clothes barely worn so we'd be completely SET! Also, there's just something about a sisterly bond, i'm super close to my sister who is 3 years older than I am so Id love for my daughter to have that same bond. Although, after 2 years of TTC, in the end it doesn't matter, just as long as its healthy!
My husband is 39 and I'm 34 so this will be our last child. We waited ten years before having kids, it took a year and a half and progesterone treatments to get pregnant with my daughter, then two years and clomid with this one. I cant believe its positive this morning, the line was so faint and I ran out to confirm it with a digital pregnancy test! I cant believe it! My husband still doesn't know yet lol. Im going to run out today to find a big sister t-shirt for my daughter to wear when my hubby gets home and she can give him the test lol. Eek......this one better stick!post #86 of 1832/8/13 at 11:47am
I also have ZERO symptoms but that will change quick I think. When I was pregnant with my daughter, at 5 weeks I got so sick and from there I was throwing up 8 times a day till I was 7 months pregnant! It was insane, worst pregnancy ever! I had to go on diclectin and teaching that year was such a blur lol. So im hoping my second time around will be okay! I might as well enjoy being symptom free while I can!post #87 of 1832/8/13 at 12:56pm
1. Preferred name - Lisa
2. EDD (estimated due date) - 10/6/13
3. How long TTC (trying to conceive) - N/A; surprise baby
4. Part of the country you live in - VA, moving to FL this summer
5. How many kids you have - two boys, 6 and 3
6. Profession - SAHM, photographer
7. Hoping for a boy or girl (or don't care either way) and why - girl; this is probably my last baby and I already have two boys and would love to experience having a daughterpost #88 of 1832/8/13 at 1:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by deli21
I also have ZERO symptoms but that will change quick I think. When I was pregnant with my daughter, at 5 weeks I got so sick and from there I was throwing up 8 times a day till I was 7 months pregnant! It was insane, worst pregnancy ever! I had to go on diclectin and teaching that year was such a blur lol. So im hoping my second time around will be okay! I might as well enjoy being symptom free while I can!
I was fine until yesterday (5w4d), just having to pee more often and some other things that weren't too bothersome, like sore boobs. Starting yesterday afternoon, I'm officially feeling pregnant and crappy. I'm hot all the time (had to turn the ceiling fan on last night and was still sweating even with just a t-shirt on and a sheet over me), vaguely nauseous and just icky/off feeling, congested (I'll quickly become best friends with my neti pot and generic Breathe Right strips so I can breathe at night), so tired I can barely keep my eyes open but can't sleep for anything, etc. Come on, second trimester!post #89 of 1832/8/13 at 5:36pm
After 3 1/2 years trying, I am both thrilled and cautious/scared to join you all!
1. Preferred name - Jenger
2. EDD (estimated due date) - Let's say 10/12
3. How long TTC (trying to conceive) - Three and a half YEARS (yep, years) We had given up over a year ago, so this was technically a surprise!
4. Part of the country you live in - the lovely Pacific Northwest!
5. How many kids you have - One daughter 5-1/2
6. Profession - Mom, Education, Scientist
7. Hoping for a boy or girl (or don't care either way) and why - Did you read #3? Yeah, I am hoping for a BABY, if I get that, I'll be thrilled!post #90 of 1832/8/13 at 5:53pmpost #91 of 1832/8/13 at 5:54pmpost #92 of 1832/8/13 at 7:38pm
1. Preferred name: Pixie is fine here :)
2. EDD (estimated due date): 10/15
3. How long TTC (trying to conceive): Maybe a year+ ... had/have recurring "logistical problems" getting alone time with DH since DS only wants to sleep in our bed
4. Part of the country you live in: Plymouth, Minnesota - hello fellow preggo Minnesotans
5. How many kids you have: One 2.5 year old son
6. Profession: SAHM
7. Hoping for a boy or girl (or don't care either way) and why: Well, a girl would be nice, but another boy would be fun too :)
I'm kind of in disbelief but the cheapie test I took tonight definitely had two lines. I'm gonna splurge on a digital the next time I'm at Target though :) It feels like my period is about to arrive at any moment, but that's how it felt in the early days of being pregnant with DS too. We had two MC's before DS, but I'm much healthier weight/nutrition-wise now so I'm hoping that helps keep the odds in our favor.
So excited to join the group!post #93 of 1832/9/13 at 8:54pmpost #94 of 1832/10/13 at 4:25pm
1. Preferred name - Aileen
2. EDD (estimated due date) - 10/25/13
3. How long TTC (trying to conceive) - This babe was a surprise!
4. Part of the country you live in - Maine
5. How many kids you have - Two boys, ages 4 1/2 and 2.
6. Profession - SAHM
7. Hoping for a boy or girl (or don't care either way) and why - Part of me kind of wants to experience raising a daughter. Part of me wants to add to my brood of boys. Boys are great. So I guess I don't care? Either will be a new adventure.post #95 of 1832/11/13 at 12:43pm
1. Preferred name: Aloya is great
2. EDD (estimated due date): 10/20
3. How long TTC (trying to conceive): Ever since miscarrying about this time last year
4. Part of the country you live in: (as of December) Cambridge, England, BUT before, Northfield Minnesota. So I consider myself a Minnesotan at heart: good place to be, I see!
5. How many kids you have: One son, just turned 3
6. Profession: Academic/researcher/teacher
7. Hoping for a boy or girl (or don't care either way) and why: I want a baby. I've always seen myself as a mother of boys, plural, but I would also really adore a girl (my MDC name, Aloya, is actually the name we'd give a girl if that tells you anything)
Hello, all! After a few days of faint tests, I'm confident enough to join you. Internet pregnancy tests are crap, but lack of period and sore mammalaries tell the real tale.
This is going to be an interesting pregnancy, because in two months, we'll be moving to the Netherlands, and then in June, we'll be going to Malaysia and Indonesia, to return (at 7.5 months) to England for the end game. I think we're in need of a bucket full of St. Anthony medallions!
I'm so happy to be here and meeting you all from the beginning!post #96 of 1832/11/13 at 4:28pmpost #97 of 1832/11/13 at 10:23pmSo excited to hear abt the positives!!
A couple ppl have commented on charting etc, another option to know that worked for me with know the exact date of ovulation is the clearblue easy digital ovulation test sticks. I ordered them through Costco online and could not believe how accurate it was to get that happy face letting me know when I was ovulating. Highly reccomend it and the price was good thru Costco. I ovulated on day 19 last month an day 21 this month so it was great to know the exact day as my cycles are so long.post #98 of 1832/12/13 at 10:48ampost #99 of 1832/12/13 at 4:07pm
1. Preferred name: Lara
2. EDD (estimated due date): 10/9/2013
3. How long TTC (trying to conceive): One cycle
4. Part of the country you live in: The Pacific NW
5. How many kids you have: 3 amazing daughters
6. Profession: Breastfeeding Peer Counselor
7. Hoping for a boy or girl (or don't care either way) and why: I definitely don't care, just a healthy baby. I had a miscarriage in November and I was heartbroken, so I have been lurking here for a week now. I just want the first trimester to be done and on to the second!!post #100 of 1832/12/13 at 4:47pm
My name is Gretchen. DH and I have 1 son who is almost 7.
I am due sometime in October. I do due month not day, LOL.
DH and I have been TTC by almost every means except IUI and IVF for 4 years. We had begun moving on with our 1 child family and making plans for our threesome.
I live in Charleston, SC
I am a holistic doula and serve women and families when I am given the priviledge.
DH and I are over the moon at this unexpected miracle so we honestly do not have a prefernce on gender. Our son on the other hand has been pretty emphatic about having a baby brother.
- Sacred Pregnancy - The Movement: An Interview with Annie Daulter
- › unsupportive dr, not sure where to go from here. 4 minutes ago
- › Single Mamas By Choice 9 minutes ago
- › Beautiful Educational Materials? 16 minutes ago
- › Crockpot meals on the cheap? 18 minutes ago
- › What pads are best for young girls? 19 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 14 (starts March 3,... 27 minutes ago
- › Naturalist / Nudist Mamas! 27 minutes ago
- › March 2014 Chat Thread 28 minutes ago
- › ~~Savings at the End of the Rainbow!!~~ March No Spend/ Spend Less... 36 minutes ago
- › Postpartum Thread! 45 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild