I think I have really fallen for calling her Amelia Katherine.
Related Forum Threads
- names again :) Last post on 8/31/13 at 6:35pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Names? Last post on 12/8/13 at 9:35pm in December 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby Names Thread Last post on 8/2/13 at 12:06pm in August 2013 Due Date Club
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
What I Wish I Knew as a New Mom
Last edited: 8/1/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 3/31/14
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the ImaginationLast edited: 8/15/13
- Baby Naming 101Last edited: 10/18/12
- The Name Game-post 2Last edited: 3/30/13
Let's talk baby names! - Page 6post #101 of 2045/18/13 at 2:01pmpost #102 of 2045/29/13 at 10:44pmpost #103 of 2045/30/13 at 5:56am
If we have a boy he name will be:
First name Morgan- Lives by the sea
Middle Name: Mactier
and we aren't fully set on a girl name but her first name will be
— a Samhain witch-goddess also called "divine" and "brilliant". Also known in the Middle Ages as: Dame Habonde, Abundia, Satia, Bensozie, Zobiana, Herodiana. Folk takes say she rides through the night with her followers on Samhain Eve.
We will call her Nevi for short ;D and we still need to come up with a middle name which will be celtic or Druidic because of our ancestry.post #104 of 2045/30/13 at 7:17ampost #105 of 2045/30/13 at 11:40am
I decided that I would love Liana or Mirabel because they miraculously work in both languages and sound the same in both languages and I like them.
DF vetoed both of them on the spot. I want to cry. I would have been happy with one of those.
The only ones we have both liked enough to put on a short list is Elsa. I worry that Elsa is just too plain for me to love. I want to love the name.post #106 of 2045/30/13 at 12:32pmpost #107 of 2045/30/13 at 12:41pmpost #108 of 2045/30/13 at 8:16pmpost #109 of 2045/30/13 at 8:22pmpost #110 of 2045/30/13 at 8:24pmpost #111 of 2045/30/13 at 8:34pmpost #112 of 2045/30/13 at 8:47pmpost #113 of 2045/30/13 at 11:30pmpost #114 of 2045/31/13 at 3:47am
Daphne, Lillian, Adrian... I love these names!
This is my list at the moment, all but two have been vetoed, and the two he hasn't, he just hasn't heard yet and I'm sure he will. But for you guys thinking of girl names, here you go, my short list:
Mirabel (Belle/Bella for short)Chloe or KhloeAuroraLianaNoelleQuinnRoxannaArabella (Belle/Bella for short)LunaArielleVivianna -- Vivi for shortNadiaSkylerAriannapost #115 of 2045/31/13 at 7:50am
I think we're pretty decided on Leela Satya or Leela Sophia. Leela is sanskrit meaning the divine play of the gods, the joyfulness/play of the universe... something like that. sounds fitting- we could use some joy and playfulness! Satya is absolute truth - although it's not really technically pronounced in the "pretty" way... it's more like SUT-yuh.. than sahhhttchyuh. Sophia is the goddess of wisdom and it's greek. I like both. maybe she will be Leela Satya Sophia S***. My husband has two middle names, and both his sisters use their first and middle name together as their first name... so maybe Leela-Sophia Satya or something like that. idk. So glad it's not a boy. Jedi Shadowhawk was our boy name... hahaha!post #116 of 2045/31/13 at 12:40pmSerafina, my favorites from your list are Arielle and Arabella- Arabella is my DD2's mn all are very pretty, very feminine names.
Yogini, I like the 2 mn thing, too. My DDs each have only 1, but DS and the new guy will have 2 each. Only because I'm giving them my maiden name as a second mn- something I wish I'd done for DDs.post #117 of 2045/31/13 at 12:54pmQuote:
I wish I had done that with DS. I feel like I totally complicated things by giving him two last names instead of just making my last name his second middle name. Every time I have to do anything official for him it feels excessive and annoying. My parents told me it was going to be a pain in the a#$ but I was so insistent. I'd like to do it for this baby and maybe just change DS's name officially before he's in school and it gets even more complicated. I'll have to look into what it takes to legally switch it.post #118 of 2045/31/13 at 1:02pmpost #119 of 2046/13/13 at 10:18am
Seraphina- Mirabel was on my list too, I think it's adorable.So far my whole list has been vetoed except for two.
I have a name-related question: How would you pronounce the name Adelae? We both like this as a version of the name Adelaide without the D sound, but I’m not sure how it should be spelled to avoid mispronunciation. Or does it just sound too made-up?
The other name we both agree on is Iris.It's botanical so it goes with DD's name (Juniper), but I'm just not super duper excited about it right now.post #120 of 2046/13/13 at 11:17amQuote:
I would have pronounced it like Adelaide without the D before you referenced Adelaide...
- Join Your Due Date Club!
- › Yooper Mamas, Say Ya to da UP, EH? 3 minutes ago
- › Due Date Roll Call! 13 minutes ago
- › April 2014 -- What did you accomplish today? 13 minutes ago
- › Morning Sickness Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Need to vent right now... 15 minutes ago
- › Our Belly Thread!!!! 18 minutes ago
- › Nanny Available May 2014 Charlottesville Virginia 21 minutes ago
- › Any other dads freaking out? 23 minutes ago
- › Interested in trying out a new probiotic just for kids? This... 24 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions April 27 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Day in the Life: A Graphical Representation by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Operation Meditation by Brian Leaf
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo