Related Forum Threads
- names again :) Last post on 8/31/13 at 6:35pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Names? Last post on 12/8/13 at 9:35pm in December 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby Names Thread Last post on 8/2/13 at 12:06pm in August 2013 Due Date Club
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
What I Wish I Knew as a New Mom
Last edited: 8/1/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 2/3/14
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the ImaginationLast edited: 8/15/13
- Baby Naming 101Last edited: 10/18/12
- The Name Game-post 2Last edited: 3/30/13
Let's talk baby names! - Page 7post #121 of 2046/13/13 at 1:54pmpost #122 of 2046/13/13 at 1:54pmpost #123 of 2046/14/13 at 5:43am
Well last night I asked DD (who is almost 3) what she would like to name her sister. She has been up on all of our name choices. She said in the sweetest little voice, "Oh, I really like Iris." It sounded so right coming from her lips, DH and I looked at each other and kind of decided that's what it would be. We are such indulgent parents! So we have a name: Iris Adelaide. At least there isn't a pronunciation issue!post #124 of 2046/14/13 at 6:37am
chachagizmo that name sounds beautiful!! And how sweet of your DD. I asked our DD what she would name the baby and she said "Sparkle" with complete certainty as if she had been considering the name her entire life. Now she is set on Sparkle (or Sparkley) and doesn't want to listen to any other ideas. Oops!post #125 of 2046/14/13 at 7:01am
I love Iris, it's on our list too. I had always wanted to name a daughter Adelaide as it's my grandmother's middle name but my dear friend named her daughter Adelaide that so I feel kind of weird doing it now. My grandmother's name is actually Adelaida but still pretty close. I might use it for a middle name, maybe.
When we asked DS what to name the baby he said "Amigo" for a boy and "Lady" for a girl. Yeah, we're probably not going with either of those.
Right now the names at the top of our lists are
Hazel Louisa, Hazel Lucille, Hazel Adelaida
Julius Emery or Hayward Emery
All of those except Hazel are family names. Basically I just want to be able to nickname a girl Lulu and DH doesn't want Lousia or Lucille as a first name right now so I figure if I can get it in as a middle name I can still use the nickname. I now remember that that was how my sister ended up choosing her daughter's name. She wanted to be able to use the nickname Gogo so I suggested Margot (a family name) and that is her name.
I love picking names. It make me a little sad that this is our last chance to name a baby since we've decided to be done after two. I'll just have use all my favorite unused names on pets in the future.post #126 of 2046/18/13 at 9:02pm
We've decided not to share our baby names with IRL friends so I need to tell someone!
What do you lovely ladies think about these names? Keep in mind my 8 year old daughter's name is Veda and I'm nervous of choosing a name that sounds matchy (like #3). On a sidenote, I love name #3!!!! :)
1. Iola (pronounced eye-oh-la)
Thanks in advance for any honest input. I'm so torn, I just need some other people's opinions.
post #127 of 2046/19/13 at 2:43ampost #128 of 2046/19/13 at 6:07ampost #129 of 2046/19/13 at 7:19ampost #130 of 2046/19/13 at 10:26ampost #131 of 2046/21/13 at 9:49ampost #132 of 2046/24/13 at 10:15pmpost #133 of 2046/27/13 at 4:06ampost #134 of 2046/27/13 at 9:27ampost #135 of 2046/27/13 at 3:36pm
I like Vera as well. My cousin and his wife named their daughter Vera, and I think it is lovely!
I'm currently leaning toward Fern for a girl. We're tossing around the names Jasper and Micah for a boy, but no boy name has sat with us very well so far. We find out on Saturday what we're having, so maybe we won't even need a boy name.post #136 of 2046/27/13 at 3:36pmpost #137 of 2046/28/13 at 1:40ampost #138 of 2046/28/13 at 5:47ampost #139 of 2046/28/13 at 7:07am
I'm biased towards Isabel since its my sister's name. Spanish pronunciation not American and her nickname is Isa which I think would make a pretty cool name in and of itself. I also like Elsa a lot. We've considered Elsie, which is DH's grandmother's name.
I'm kind of liking the name Holbrook for a boy right nowpost #140 of 2046/30/13 at 2:45pm
- Join Your Due Date Club!
- › Pregnancy Photo Contest Sponsored by Sacred Pregnancy, Nordic... 53 seconds ago
- › Hello! 57 seconds ago
- › do you wear make-up? 1 minute ago
- › Worried about measles in NYC 2 minutes ago
- › mixed emotions... 11 minutes ago
- › 50/ 50 divorce questions 12 minutes ago
- › Kids, 10+, what's important? Also: getting kids informed 21 minutes ago
- › Looking Bleak Now... 24 minutes ago
- › A pediatrician's different perspective on why he doesn't accept... 25 minutes ago
- › Sharing the news 29 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild