Related Forum Threads
- names again :) Last post on 8/31/13 at 6:35pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Names? Last post on 12/8/13 at 9:35pm in December 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby Names Thread Last post on 8/2/13 at 12:06pm in August 2013 Due Date Club
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
What I Wish I Knew as a New Mom
Last edited: 8/1/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 12/4/13
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the ImaginationLast edited: 8/15/13
- Baby Naming 101Last edited: 10/18/12
- The Name Game-post 2Last edited: 3/30/13
Let's talk baby names! - Page 2post #21 of 2042/21/13 at 8:54pmMy eldest hates not having a middle name. We informally gave her a middle name last year, but starting school without it being her legal middle name made the school not acknowledge it, and she stopped seeing it as a real middle name. I mean to eventually legally change it, but it's a hassle and I really regret not giving her a middle name originally.post #22 of 2042/22/13 at 2:32am
Thanks Soleil! Ben Rex really suits him too! And he uses his whole name most of the time, which is a bit cute (if 14 year olds can be cute...) lol
But be careful letting kids pick names - I let Ben name my two Beagles. One is called Kelpie and the other is Collie (he didn't want beagles). Confusion at the vet? Yes!
post #23 of 2042/24/13 at 10:11ampost #24 of 2042/24/13 at 11:16ampost #25 of 2042/24/13 at 1:32pmpost #26 of 2042/24/13 at 2:01pmpost #27 of 2042/25/13 at 5:39am
We have a boy name and a girl name that I think were both decided on, but I think we'll keep them to ourselves. The boy name took forever. He's been asking for a John Jr. or Jack since long before I got pregnant, but I HATE the whole junior thing, and I don't much like Jack. So he finally suggested another one that I think I like. Haven't "shook" on it yet, though. :)post #28 of 2042/25/13 at 6:07ampost #29 of 2043/12/13 at 6:05ampost #30 of 2043/12/13 at 6:58amI have a girl named Teagan, and even with the different spelling, I constantly get people asking me if I named her after the identical twin musician duo Tegan and Sara. I love the name Luna, and we've definitely talked about the name Ursula. If only Disney hadn't named a villian Ursula...post #31 of 2043/12/13 at 7:31ampost #32 of 2043/12/13 at 7:41ampost #33 of 2043/12/13 at 12:11pmpost #34 of 2043/12/13 at 1:03pmSerafina, if I waited until my partner chose names, we'd never have a name. Last baby, I sent him hundreds of names I liked. He picked hus favorite. Then, he decided a month after we filled out the birth certificate that he didn't like our child's middle name. Now he wonders why I ask him regularly if he still likes the girl name we chose!post #35 of 2043/13/13 at 9:12amThread Starterpost #36 of 2043/14/13 at 7:22am
We have a long standing boy name argument in this household. We both want to use our fathers names, but we both hate the other persons fathers name lol (His is Clayton, mine is Michael)
I've been rooting for Gavin for forever but he hates it.
He introduced a name to me and sold me on it before I found out it was the scorpion king. Mathias.
So the boy name for now is Mathias Everett
We haven't even really talked about girl names a lot because I have a gut feeling it's a boy.post #37 of 2043/15/13 at 7:53am
Ive ALWAYS wanted to name a little girl Ramona. The Ramona books were my favorite as a child and I've loved the name since. Unfortunately it goes terrible with our last name (it almost rhymes but not quiet) so Ramona is out. DH said last night that he "came up with the name Hazel" as if he invented it or something! Apparently he saw it on a can of paint at work. Now I actually *do* like the name Hazel, but I thought it was pretty silly he thought he had invented some unique and never heard of before name.
For a boy my very favorite name has always been Benjamin. But again it doesn't go with our last name! Though it does go better than Ramona. So Benjamin isn't completely out. I also like Samuel a bit.
DS's name is Will and DD's name I don't type online because its very unique (pretty sure her birthmom made it up) and I don't want anyone to recognize us. But I think we'll likely go with a common name if its a boy and a more unique name if its a girl.post #38 of 2043/15/13 at 8:36ampost #39 of 2043/15/13 at 3:34pm
I like the name Hazel, it's really pretty.
when I was pregnant 6yrs ago with my eldest we had no idea of the gender and had only a couple of names chosen, from about 12wks dh wanted to name him after his dad who had passed away and that's what we did.
grace was our girl name. And at that point the only other boy name that clicked with me was Elliot.
Now here we are pregnant with number three and I am kind of trying not to think toooooo far ahead but a name this time is so hard. Katie is the name both dh and I like for a girl. But with our track record of boys I'm inclined to think we're getting another little guy and the only names on the list that we have for boys are : Elliot and Marc.
everything else dh has veto'd *sigh*
- Join Your Due Date Club!
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 9 minutes ago
- › Exercise During Pregnancy 10 minutes ago
- › Show off your bump here! 19 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 20 minutes ago
- › How long were your labors? 22 minutes ago
- › Spare change (or more) for Holiday Helper! 25 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Toys, Games, Puzzles, and Book... 26 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Clothing, Outerwear, and Shoes... 26 minutes ago
- › Queer parents 27 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh