Related Forum Threads
- names again :) Last post on 8/31/13 at 6:35pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Names? Last post on 12/8/13 at 9:35pm in December 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby Names Thread Last post on 8/2/13 at 12:06pm in August 2013 Due Date Club
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
What I Wish I Knew as a New Mom
Last edited: 8/1/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 2/3/14
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the ImaginationLast edited: 8/15/13
- Baby Naming 101Last edited: 10/18/12
- The Name Game-post 2Last edited: 3/30/13
Let's talk baby names! - Page 11post #201 of 2049/20/13 at 8:28ampost #202 of 2049/20/13 at 10:06am
irielyn--i like horizon--that's a very cool name.
we still can't decide on a conception name. all of my kids have a conception name as their second name.
"eternal" for being conceived after watching "Eternal Sunshine..."
"shawnee" for being conceived at Shawnee National Park
"michael" for being conceived after/due to my brother's death (not directly after!) & on the Day of the Dead (November 1st)
this one is tricky...she is an accident & i don't want a negative spin. "wonder" is the top runner right now. i just keep thinking there has to be a better one, but i am not digging words like "serendipity" "kismit" , etc. any wordies out there who have the perfect word for accident that isn't TOO obvious???
our first & third had the full names picked out way early. the second one was named his first name in the operating room--& a few days later for his second name.post #203 of 2049/20/13 at 11:06am
Thanks for the advice ladies! I think I have to just put my foot down on this one and tell my honey how it is...I mean, come on it came to me in a dream, it was fate!!! I really like the spelling Horizon but am open to shortening it to the spelling "Ryzon" if he would prefer to call him that.
Em, what if you use the word surprise instead of accident? There are far more beautiful words that I can find meaning surprise, like astonish, amazement, wonder, marvel, fortune, mystify, bewilder...just a thought! I looked in my thesaurus at the word "accident" and all I found were negative sounding words. I LOVE the word "kismit" though! So do you use their second names as middle names? Or just sort of a nickname?post #204 of 2049/20/13 at 12:22pm
yes, surprise is better than accident. the conception name ends up being their middle name, but i also give them all another middle name of "sky" because their last name is "walker" & i am a complete dork! so they end up with 4 names (1st, 2nd, 3rd, & last names.)
i do like "wonder" a lot....mystery was another i was playing with.
i'm glad you are sticking to your guns with horizon! i think sometimes we just know what their names are because we have such an intimate connection to them. my guy sometimes has difficulty accepting that i am always right about their names
- Join Your Due Date Club!
- › 2014 in 2014 11 minutes ago
- › Anyone else feeling sick? 12 minutes ago
- › Teens and the sleepover issue 26 minutes ago
- › Teach acceptable noise levels 29 minutes ago
- › Gestational diabetes test 45 minutes ago
- › A satirical look at EC 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › baby arching back 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Wolf Moon 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for best carrier for twins 2 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Brian Leaf
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea