Related Forum Threads
- names again :) Last post on 8/31/13 at 6:35pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Names? Last post on 12/8/13 at 9:35pm in December 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby Names Thread Last post on 8/2/13 at 12:06pm in August 2013 Due Date Club
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
What I Wish I Knew as a New Mom
Last edited: 8/1/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 3/31/14
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the ImaginationLast edited: 8/15/13
- Baby Naming 101Last edited: 10/18/12
- The Name Game-post 2Last edited: 3/30/13
Let's talk baby names! - Page 4post #61 of 2044/14/13 at 5:52pmpost #62 of 2044/14/13 at 6:00pmpost #63 of 2044/16/13 at 9:20pmThink I may have just stumbled across our wee boys name ( hehe yes feeling certain its a boy ) I think I'd like to call him Jake. Dh liked the name Jack, but I have associations with other children called Jack who I'm not terribly keen on, and Jake seems to fix that. So here's hoping dh feels the same when he gets home from work shortly.post #64 of 2044/16/13 at 11:19pmpost #65 of 2044/16/13 at 11:19pmpost #66 of 2044/17/13 at 1:32pmpost #67 of 2044/18/13 at 3:00amI had a pet rabbit for many years named Luca. He was such a wonderful pet, I'm VERY partial to the name
DP and I are waiting until we find out the gender to start discussing names together (6.5 more weeks!). I am trying SO hard not to want a particular gender... I wanted a boy so badly with DD that I was actually disappointed when we found out she was a girl, and I felt awful about that. I really don't want to go through that again! DP wants a boy and as hard as I'm trying to be neutral, I find myself thinking about girl names a lot more than boy.
My DD has 2 old fashioned names which we shorten into a cutesy double name. I HATE that when we tell someone her name is E**a R**e, they automatically call her E**a. Really, double names aren't THAT uncommon... and we DO live in the south, where double names tend to be a little more prevalent... I mean, if someone told me they child's name was Mary Anne, I wouldn't call her just Mary... it's (obviously, to me) extremely annoying. But she has so many options, perhaps she'll choose to be called something else when she's older.
I love old fashioned names for boys and girls, and also like distinctly masculine or feminine names. Would love to keep a flower/nature theme going if its a girl...post #68 of 2044/18/13 at 9:59ampost #69 of 2044/18/13 at 1:59pmI love the names y'all are throwing out. And Em, I think Serendipity Sky is beautiful...I'm also pregnant with my 4th & he/she was NOT planned.
If its a boy we've decided on Justin Dale. Justin is my first cousin who passed in an accident 12 years ago, and Dale is my dad & late grandfathers middle name. We haven't decided on a girl name yet. So far we've got Lily, Lola, Luca, Ivy, Jolie, Juniper & Rowan. DH isn't too keen on Juniper but I thought Juni would be a cute nickname.post #70 of 2044/18/13 at 2:04pmpost #71 of 2044/18/13 at 2:17pmpost #72 of 2044/18/13 at 4:46pmQuote:
i LOVE the name Cora but DH has already vetoed it.
For some reason we're having a really hard time coming up with girl names we both like. We already have a few of boy names that we really like and could choose from but for some reason the girls names are harder. Last time it was the oppositepost #73 of 2044/23/13 at 10:13pmpost #74 of 2044/23/13 at 10:19pmpost #75 of 2044/24/13 at 12:04amI have only mentioned names here, we are casually avoiding telling too any people of names we are thinking about. I have stumbled across something that I need to speak to my very best friend about, we have been friends since birth our fathers went to kindergarten together, when we were growing up my friend always said if she had a son she'd name him Mark Luke, it was the name her cabbage patch kid came with and she loved it so much. Marc although with a c is on our list, so I think a catch up is needed to see how she feels twenty years on.post #76 of 2045/3/13 at 6:33am
I think I might tell our names when the time gets a little closer, maybe after we find out the sex in a couple of weeks at the ultrasound... A friend of mine told everyone she wanted to name her son Luca, and then someone in our circle had a son two months before her and named him Luca. Maybe she got it from my friend, so I guess that's a downside, but my friend still named her son Luca regardless, and it was just fine because she had been saying she would all along.
Our girl name is Iris. For middle names, either Coraline or Louise.
DH and I canNOT agree on any boy names! I like:
Irving (my dad's name, but it weirds me out a little)post #77 of 2045/7/13 at 5:39ampost #78 of 2045/7/13 at 6:18ampost #79 of 2045/7/13 at 9:10am
- Join Your Due Date Club!
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 33 seconds ago
- › Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! 3 minutes ago
- › Has anyone else had to get surgery to correct improperly repaired... 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a volunteer midwife or doula near Youngstown, Oh ........ 4 minutes ago
- › Lawn Mowing with little ones in the yard 4 minutes ago
- › Is anyone else having spotting? 5 minutes ago
- › April Chat/Vent 5 minutes ago
- › Diet/Nutrition...what are foods you are trying to eat lots of? 7 minutes ago
- › Can't stand that all the neighborhood kids want to play at my house! 8 minutes ago
- › Older mommies in ABQ 9 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › 3 Simple Ways to Nurture Yourself by Marcy Axness
- › The Birth of River by Kristen Tea
- › The Never Agains by BrainChild
- › Day in the Life: A Graphical Representation by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Operation Meditation by Brian Leaf
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness