Related Forum Threads
- Healing severe adrenal fatigue with young, busy kids at home Last post on 4/10/13 at 3:35pm in Women's Health
- "VURPING".... Last post on 3/28/13 at 11:29am in Women's Health
- Pregnant, congested toddler, what's safe to up our immune systems? Last post on 3/28/13 at 11:26am in Women's Health
- Cradle Cap Success! Last post on 2/22/13 at 3:14pm in Women's Health
- Please help! 10yo with recurrent UTIs and endless antibiotics Last post on 4/4/13 at 6:42pm in Women's Health
3 Family-Tested Secrets to Not Getting Sick
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?Last edited: 11/2/13
- The Crunchy Mom’s Guide to Working with Your PediatricianLast edited: 10/25/13
- An asthma epidemic and a climate crisisLast edited: 10/31/12
- Mood NeurotransmittersLast edited: 6/27/11
Toddler coughpost #1 of 62/1/13 at 1:41pmThread Starterpost #2 of 62/1/13 at 3:49pmpost #3 of 62/9/13 at 5:28am
I've recently started using Livon Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C with huge success. It does, for the most part, bypass the digestive tract, so you're not really titillating to tolerance. Studies indicate that blood serum levels with one packet (1 gram) approximate that of 6-8 grams intravenously. It has come in really handy this winter.
you can check on Livon Labs webpage or the vitamincfoundation dot org for more information.
It is pricey so I save it for the children, but worth every penny as you really don't have to try to get a small child to tolerance. It isn't all that tasty but can be pretty cleverly disguised in applesauce or yogurt or oatmeal or something similar.
edited for a typo.
Edited by Ethelpea - 2/9/13 at 9:51ampost #4 of 62/9/13 at 5:37amThread Starterpost #5 of 62/9/13 at 5:46pm
There is a great naturopathic treatment using wet socks at night. I know, sounds weird, but it really helps particularly if she is coughing at night.
After a nice warm tub, and right before bed, you put on cold, wet cotton socks and then *immediately* pull on a pair of all wool or fleece socks and then tuck into a warm bed.
The socks feel cold at first, but quickly warm up. The body focuses attention on warming the feet and that energy acts as a lymphatic pump and pulls fluid from the upper part of the body to the lower part.
Usually the socks are dry within a couple of hours. I have gotten up in the middle of the night to re-wet my socks. It really works well.
Some homeopathic remedies to consider: pulsatilla, or antimonium tartarticum. You can look those up (try www.abchomeopathy.com); pulsatilla is especially indicated for yellow discharge, a loose cough, and a clingy, teary disposition.post #6 of 62/11/13 at 3:03pmHi lovemylab,I hope your toddler is feeling better, but if not there are herbs that can be useful. Here at Herb Pharm we offer our Children's Winter Compound for overall immune support and Herbal Respiratory Relief to support the lungs. The chidren's dosage for the Herbal Respiratory Relief is 1 drop per 4lbs of weight.
- Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?
- › greener sippy / straw cups? 12 seconds ago
- › Totaly frustrated(( 12 minutes ago
- › Baby Brag Book 14 minutes ago
- › Word Association Conga Line 17 minutes ago
- › pregnancy announcements 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Worm Moon 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › 2nd trimester- how are you feeling? 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › The person below me..... 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Do you fart infront of your husband???? 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › Five Random things..... 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool
- › Mayim Bialik Opens Up About Her Breastfeeding... by Melanie Mayo
- › Freedom Together: Mothering Mavens Try Out... by Melanie Mayo
- › Magic Under the Table by BrainChild
- › So Precious It Hurts by Sheryl Paul
- › Is Your Child Ready to Read? A Checklist by Melanie Mayo