Related Forum Threads
- Healing severe adrenal fatigue with young, busy kids at home Last post on 4/10/13 at 3:35pm in Women's Health
- "VURPING".... Last post on 3/28/13 at 11:29am in Women's Health
- Pregnant, congested toddler, what's safe to up our immune systems? Last post on 3/28/13 at 11:26am in Women's Health
- Cradle Cap Success! Last post on 2/22/13 at 3:14pm in Women's Health
- Please help! 10yo with recurrent UTIs and endless antibiotics Last post on 4/4/13 at 6:42pm in Women's Health
Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?
Last edited: 11/2/13
- The Crunchy Mom’s Guide to Working with Your PediatricianLast edited: 10/25/13
- An asthma epidemic and a climate crisisLast edited: 10/31/12
- Mood NeurotransmittersLast edited: 6/27/11
Toddler coughpost #1 of 62/1/13 at 1:41pmThread Starterpost #2 of 62/1/13 at 3:49pmpost #3 of 62/9/13 at 5:28am
I've recently started using Livon Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C with huge success. It does, for the most part, bypass the digestive tract, so you're not really titillating to tolerance. Studies indicate that blood serum levels with one packet (1 gram) approximate that of 6-8 grams intravenously. It has come in really handy this winter.
you can check on Livon Labs webpage or the vitamincfoundation dot org for more information.
It is pricey so I save it for the children, but worth every penny as you really don't have to try to get a small child to tolerance. It isn't all that tasty but can be pretty cleverly disguised in applesauce or yogurt or oatmeal or something similar.
edited for a typo.
Edited by Ethelpea - 2/9/13 at 9:51ampost #4 of 62/9/13 at 5:37amThread Starterpost #5 of 62/9/13 at 5:46pm
There is a great naturopathic treatment using wet socks at night. I know, sounds weird, but it really helps particularly if she is coughing at night.
After a nice warm tub, and right before bed, you put on cold, wet cotton socks and then *immediately* pull on a pair of all wool or fleece socks and then tuck into a warm bed.
The socks feel cold at first, but quickly warm up. The body focuses attention on warming the feet and that energy acts as a lymphatic pump and pulls fluid from the upper part of the body to the lower part.
Usually the socks are dry within a couple of hours. I have gotten up in the middle of the night to re-wet my socks. It really works well.
Some homeopathic remedies to consider: pulsatilla, or antimonium tartarticum. You can look those up (try www.abchomeopathy.com); pulsatilla is especially indicated for yellow discharge, a loose cough, and a clingy, teary disposition.post #6 of 62/11/13 at 3:03pmHi lovemylab,I hope your toddler is feeling better, but if not there are herbs that can be useful. Here at Herb Pharm we offer our Children's Winter Compound for overall immune support and Herbal Respiratory Relief to support the lungs. The chidren's dosage for the Herbal Respiratory Relief is 1 drop per 4lbs of weight.
- The Crunchy Mom’s Guide to Working with Your Pediatrician
- › I spank, I yell, I get mean... I want to change and need help. 9 seconds ago
- › A New Year of Dedicated Home Yoga Practice: 2014 1 minute ago
- › Unwanted Baby Gifts 2 minutes ago
- › The (Hopefully) Sane Holiday Therapy Thread 3 minutes ago
- › breast pain and essential oils 3 minutes ago
- › Quail 4 minutes ago
- › Announcing the News 6 minutes ago
- › VBAC Mamas 16 minutes ago
- › Hello! 21 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 26 minutes ago
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo