So the last two months my boyfriend and I have gotten serious about TTC the problem is he works 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. He works far away for two weeks. So far I've been on my period when he's home and ovulating when hes gone. We can't change his work schedule to work around when I'm ovulating! I don't know what to do... Anyone else been in this sort of situation?
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Research Study for Ladies Trying to Conceive-We Need Your Help!! Last post on Today at 12:17 pm in Trying To Conceive
- is this positive (CD 14) Last post on Today at 3:49 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Negative pregnancy test, late period and home birth questions Last post on Today at 6:36 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Could it be pregnacy? or what? Last post on Today at 12:28 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Intro & My Cycle Update Last post on 5/18/13 at 9:34pm in Trying To Conceive
TTC with crazy work schedule
Hi. I am not in your situation, but I think you could probably manipulate your cycle with the help of hormones. It probably isn't something you want to do, but I don't see how else you'll get the sperm and egg together with his work schedule, unless you opted for IUI and had his sperm frozen. That would probably be expensive.
I believe you can manipulate a cycle with birth control pills, then taking provera to have a "period", then taking clomid to ovulate. Of course it may be risky in that it could screw up your cycles. I would discuss it with a doctor and see if they have any suggestions.
I feel for you, it must make ttc extremely difficult (as if it isn't difficult enough?).
I wish you all the best.
How far away is he? If your cycles are regular and predictable and you have been charting them and know when you ovulate, could you just drive to him for a night/day or fly there for a couple days?
Hang in there. I know how tough timing can be. My husband worked night shifts (gone all night and sleeping all day) for a large part of our ttc journey and it was so stressful and then emotional when we missed my ovulation due to his work.
- TTC with crazy work schedule
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 1 minute ago
- › Wednesday: What are your children doing/learning today? 5 minutes ago
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for May 17th-May 23~ 7 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 8 minutes ago
- › 10-15 Minute Cleaning Sessions (New Thread) 9 minutes ago
- › public potty-training with toddler AND newborn 11 minutes ago
- › Tick yard control 13 minutes ago
- › Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum from Oak Meadow!! 14 minutes ago
- › Harry Potter concerns 15 minutes ago
- › - test result, late period, home birth questions 15 minutes ago
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Lansinoh 20435 Breastmilk Storage Bags, 25-Count Boxes (Pack of 3) by KaliShanti
- › Medela Pump and Save Storage Bags- 20-count by KaliShanti
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo