- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by ChristinaMac, 2/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Light periods Last post on Yesterday at 11:00 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Baby aspirin Last post on Today at 5:15 am in Trying To Conceive
- DHEA? Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:09am in Trying To Conceive
- Success stories after vasectomy reversal? Last post on 3/10/14 at 11:07am in Trying To Conceive
- Tell me about the time you dug your FRER out of the trash and found... Last post on 3/10/14 at 5:49pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
TTC While Nursing February - Page 2post #21 of 402/14/13 at 4:29ampost #22 of 402/14/13 at 6:40pmpost #23 of 402/14/13 at 7:52pmHi, ladies. I'm new here. I've been ttc #2 since Dec 2012. DS was born April 2011 and is still nursing 2 - 3 times per day. Looking for some company and support through the journey!
I started feeling nausea and hot flashes today so am somewhat optimistic. 1week left til I can test. Anybody else feeling any pg signs?post #24 of 402/15/13 at 6:23am
That's exciting alisondarling! I waited for my 1st PPAF for 14 months after my first was born and for 17 months after my second was born; 19.5 months must have felt like such a long time when you're wanting to grow your family more.
Welcome writeonyogamama - wishing you a very short stay with us! My LO was born 3/11 and still nurses more than a dozen times a day. Hopefully the fact your LO is only nursing 2-3 times a day will mean you're fertile again.
AFM, please move me to waiting to know. I will probably start POASing on Feb 20th so I've got a while to wait and agonize over my symptoms!post #25 of 402/15/13 at 9:15ampost #26 of 402/15/13 at 12:33pm
hey, all. i'm officially in the TWW. i might have O'ed too early this cycle, cd11, and am pretty certain i can link it to my 2yo nursling pulling an all-night nursing session a few nights ago. not feeling optimistic as a result, but am eager to see. gl to all!
Edited by ladyelms - 2/15/13 at 7:23pmpost #27 of 402/15/13 at 3:18pm
Sukhada, I'm not sure about the cramping-- is it still happening?
Please move me to Waiting to Know. I believe I O'ed yesterday, CD20, because of having a + OPK the night before and now this morning I am seeing that I no longer have EWCM. My OPK instructions say that ovulation will likely happen 24 -36 hours after the surge is detected, so we went with that in deciding when/how often to BD. DH has no sperm issues, but the last week has been really busy and just the idea of BD'ing several days in a row was making us exhausted! I hope we got the timing good, and that my calculations of yesterday being my peak day are accurate. I had 6 straight days of EWCM, which is the longest ever for me-- it kind of threw me off, because I wasn't really sure when I was finally going to O! So in a nutshell, it turned out to be this: We ended up BD'ing the one night, then the next night I detected the surge (no BD that night), then BD last night. I don't really enjoy trying to pinpoint things like this, but I really want to optimize our chances... I guess if you don't feel like BD'ing every day that EWCM is happening, it's better to do it every other day and hope that there is nice fresh swimmers for peak day-- thoughts?post #28 of 402/16/13 at 6:47am
so, i'm beginning to determine that i'm having anovulatory cycles while still bf'ing my 2yo, even though i am menstruating and having obvious follicular and luteal phases. does anyone know if opk's will ultimately determine for me whether i am or am not ovulating? in other words, will an opk show positive even if no egg is being released? thx.post #29 of 402/16/13 at 6:53ampost #30 of 402/16/13 at 8:13am
thx, tenzin'smama, that was my guess. this is my 3rd cycle ttc, so i'm really just considering any reasonable idea that may be preventing conception. i do see a connection w/ how often dd nurses (especially throughout the night) and my cycle "acting up". some months it seems to respond by O'ing too early; i'm beginning to wonder if i might not even be O'ing altogether.post #31 of 402/16/13 at 11:55am
ladyelms, I think the only way to know for sure that you are ovulating is through temping consistently which it sounds like you are doing (or by ultrasound). Do you have any post-O symptoms? Once I started experiencing post-O nipple pain while nursing, I was confident I was indeed O'ing (and I did end up pregnant with an early loss last month so I must have O'd). This month my post-O nipple pain is really mild so I'm not as confident about this cycle. Three cycles isn't that long to be TTC (although it sure can feel that way!) and because you're trying for a girl it may require even more patience. Good luck!post #32 of 402/16/13 at 4:05pmpost #33 of 402/16/13 at 5:05pmLadyelms, is your temp rising and staying up? If it is, you are ovulating, since the increased temp is from the progesterone from what's left of the follicle after you o.
As for the every day bding or every other day question, as I've read it seems everyday is fine if there isnt a known sperm count issue. I had a long drawn out fertile phase this month and 5 of 7 days felt like a lot though.
Afm I'm pretty sure I'm 4dpp, although there is a chance I'm 8 dpo, my chart was sooo weird this month. I tested this morning cause I had such a good temp but I'll probably hold off a few days before I test again. Hopefully the b6 will do it's job and I won't end up with AF too soon.post #34 of 402/17/13 at 12:04am
Hey there. Joining in on the fun this month. DS3 was born 4/12 and I'm trying to catch the first PP egg. I'm hoping this checking out these forums will help increase my energy and sex drive enough to try! DS just night weaned, which has previously meant I will start ovulating soon. I'm not charting or anything, just waiting for good old AF. DS nurses almost exclusively. We're trying to work through some food allergies, so I'm not sure how my fertility will be until he's more on solids. I nursed my first through my second's pregnancy and tandem nursed until the month I got pregnant with my third. My second weaned while I was pregnant with #3. I'm hoping, if I manage to get pregnant soon, that DS will not wean and that I can tandem again. I'm also in the process of adopting my 7 year old foster niece, so if getting pregnant works soon I will increase my family by 2 this year!post #35 of 402/18/13 at 6:37amWelcome, jennyvangy!
Ladyelms, I'm in the same boat as you. DS is almost 2 and was nursing about 2 times a day until I tried to nudge him towards weaning. He is back in full force now. Just got another BFN this morning. It's our 3rd cycle of trying. With DS we lucked out on our first ttc attempt. I suppose it's time for me to move to the waiting to O list. I'm trying to be patient, but I'll be 33 this summer and that worries me.post #36 of 402/19/13 at 11:58ampost #37 of 402/22/13 at 8:45amThread Starterpost #38 of 402/27/13 at 3:55pmpost #39 of 402/27/13 at 10:05pm
I just finished AF but we are still Waiting To Be Ready. I think I am sitting out this cycle and probably the next one. I would rather wait to try again until after my next well-woman exam, just in case something is amiss, and I couldn't get in until the first week in April, which is not actually that long from now. I'm okay with waiting. DD is still nursing a zillion times a day so I'm probably not even fertile anyway. If she hits 2 and is still nursing like this and I haven't gotten pregnant I may have to start cutting her back some more.
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › I think it's time to talk about carseats :) 2 minutes ago
- › Do you think Change is going to come to Canada? 5 minutes ago
- › Anyone doing MaterniT21/Harmony Test? 7 minutes ago
- › Vitamin K Refusal...Would like your input. Good, bad, Changes? 10 minutes ago
- › very sad 11 minutes ago
- › Looking ahead to the next one... 13 minutes ago
- › Feel free to introduce yourself 13 minutes ago
- › 12 year old boy is weepy. Causes? 14 minutes ago
- › Asbestos? 16 minutes ago
- › Heartbroken & whole other host of emotions 18 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo