- 69 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- The Saner TTC-Flower Moon Last post on Today at 4:29 pm in Trying To Conceive
- am i pregnant? Last post on Today at 11:56 am in Trying To Conceive
- Evaporation line or bfp? Last post on Today at 12:27 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Research Study for Ladies Trying to Conceive-We Need Your Help!! Last post on 5/22/13 at 12:17pm in Trying To Conceive
- is this positive (CD 14) Last post on 5/22/13 at 8:34pm in Trying To Conceive
TTC While Nursing February - Page 2
Please add me to the "Waiting to ovulate" section.
After what seems like forever ( but was actually 19.5 months) I finally got my moon today! So, SO happy to finally have my cycle back.
Edited by alisondarling - 2/16/13 at 10:14am
I started feeling nausea and hot flashes today so am somewhat optimistic. 1week left til I can test. Anybody else feeling any pg signs?
That's exciting alisondarling! I waited for my 1st PPAF for 14 months after my first was born and for 17 months after my second was born; 19.5 months must have felt like such a long time when you're wanting to grow your family more.
Welcome writeonyogamama - wishing you a very short stay with us! My LO was born 3/11 and still nurses more than a dozen times a day. Hopefully the fact your LO is only nursing 2-3 times a day will mean you're fertile again.
AFM, please move me to waiting to know. I will probably start POASing on Feb 20th so I've got a while to wait and agonize over my symptoms!
hey, all. i'm officially in the TWW. i might have O'ed too early this cycle, cd11, and am pretty certain i can link it to my 2yo nursling pulling an all-night nursing session a few nights ago. not feeling optimistic as a result, but am eager to see. gl to all!
Edited by ladyelms - 2/15/13 at 7:23pm
Sukhada, I'm not sure about the cramping-- is it still happening?
Please move me to Waiting to Know. I believe I O'ed yesterday, CD20, because of having a + OPK the night before and now this morning I am seeing that I no longer have EWCM. My OPK instructions say that ovulation will likely happen 24 -36 hours after the surge is detected, so we went with that in deciding when/how often to BD. DH has no sperm issues, but the last week has been really busy and just the idea of BD'ing several days in a row was making us exhausted! I hope we got the timing good, and that my calculations of yesterday being my peak day are accurate. I had 6 straight days of EWCM, which is the longest ever for me-- it kind of threw me off, because I wasn't really sure when I was finally going to O! So in a nutshell, it turned out to be this: We ended up BD'ing the one night, then the next night I detected the surge (no BD that night), then BD last night. I don't really enjoy trying to pinpoint things like this, but I really want to optimize our chances... I guess if you don't feel like BD'ing every day that EWCM is happening, it's better to do it every other day and hope that there is nice fresh swimmers for peak day-- thoughts?
so, i'm beginning to determine that i'm having anovulatory cycles while still bf'ing my 2yo, even though i am menstruating and having obvious follicular and luteal phases. does anyone know if opk's will ultimately determine for me whether i am or am not ovulating? in other words, will an opk show positive even if no egg is being released? thx.
My understanding about OPKs is that they only detect the LH surge, but having a surge does not guarantee that one will end up ovulating.How is it that you suspect you are having anovaluatory cycles?
thx, tenzin'smama, that was my guess. this is my 3rd cycle ttc, so i'm really just considering any reasonable idea that may be preventing conception. i do see a connection w/ how often dd nurses (especially throughout the night) and my cycle "acting up". some months it seems to respond by O'ing too early; i'm beginning to wonder if i might not even be O'ing altogether.
ladyelms, I think the only way to know for sure that you are ovulating is through temping consistently which it sounds like you are doing (or by ultrasound). Do you have any post-O symptoms? Once I started experiencing post-O nipple pain while nursing, I was confident I was indeed O'ing (and I did end up pregnant with an early loss last month so I must have O'd). This month my post-O nipple pain is really mild so I'm not as confident about this cycle. Three cycles isn't that long to be TTC (although it sure can feel that way!) and because you're trying for a girl it may require even more patience. Good luck!
Why do you think you're having anovulatory cycles? Could it just be that you haven't gotten lucky yet? My understanding is that it's not recommended to seek help unless you have been charting and having sex at the right time for 6 months.
As for the every day bding or every other day question, as I've read it seems everyday is fine if there isnt a known sperm count issue. I had a long drawn out fertile phase this month and 5 of 7 days felt like a lot though.
Afm I'm pretty sure I'm 4dpp, although there is a chance I'm 8 dpo, my chart was sooo weird this month. I tested this morning cause I had such a good temp but I'll probably hold off a few days before I test again. Hopefully the b6 will do it's job and I won't end up with AF too soon.
Hey there. Joining in on the fun this month. DS3 was born 4/12 and I'm trying to catch the first PP egg. I'm hoping this checking out these forums will help increase my energy and sex drive enough to try! DS just night weaned, which has previously meant I will start ovulating soon. I'm not charting or anything, just waiting for good old AF. DS nurses almost exclusively. We're trying to work through some food allergies, so I'm not sure how my fertility will be until he's more on solids. I nursed my first through my second's pregnancy and tandem nursed until the month I got pregnant with my third. My second weaned while I was pregnant with #3. I'm hoping, if I manage to get pregnant soon, that DS will not wean and that I can tandem again. I'm also in the process of adopting my 7 year old foster niece, so if getting pregnant works soon I will increase my family by 2 this year!
Ladyelms, I'm in the same boat as you. DS is almost 2 and was nursing about 2 times a day until I tried to nudge him towards weaning. He is back in full force now. Just got another BFN this morning. It's our 3rd cycle of trying. With DS we lucked out on our first ttc attempt. I suppose it's time for me to move to the waiting to O list. I'm trying to be patient, but I'll be 33 this summer and that worries me.
Hi, I'm Brittany, DH and I are TTC #2
I was wondering if anyone knows what fever does to fertility/ovulation?
I had a fever of 104.8 yesterday, and am scheduled to ovulate tomorrow, does anyone know of the fever will interfere/inhibit the ovulation?
Can i be added to waiting to catch 1st pp egg http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/SoCaliMommy
ChristinaMac~ I can take over the thread if no one else offers. I did it a while back before getting pregnant with my rainbow baby.
I just finished AF but we are still Waiting To Be Ready. I think I am sitting out this cycle and probably the next one. I would rather wait to try again until after my next well-woman exam, just in case something is amiss, and I couldn't get in until the first week in April, which is not actually that long from now. I'm okay with waiting. DD is still nursing a zillion times a day so I'm probably not even fertile anyway. If she hits 2 and is still nursing like this and I haven't gotten pregnant I may have to start cutting her back some more.
- TTC While Nursing February
- › my 15 month old daughter is so clingy 2 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC-Flower Moon 3 minutes ago
- › Help with Dolcino wrap 6 minutes ago
- › Ear piercing and Tetanus 6 minutes ago
- › Old enough to sleep through the night? 6 minutes ago
- › Any moms out there with babies who hate carseats? 10 minutes ago
- › Move to Hawaii with only one income? 14 minutes ago
- › *vent* love my family, hate how they don't care. 14 minutes ago
- › It looks like im not having a Home Birth this time around 16 minutes ago
- › Year round window box suggestions 17 minutes ago
- › Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag by matope
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by matope
- › Bebe Au Lait Nursing Cover by matope
- › Lansinoh Lanolin for Breastfeeding Mothers 2 oz (56 g) by matope
- › Philips AVENT Washable Nursing Pads, 6 Count by matope
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by matope
- › TRADITIONAL MEDICINALS TEAS Mother's Milk Tea 16 bags by matope
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by matope
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by matope
- › Glamourmom Nursing Bra Tank by matope
- › Pause for Presence: A Personal Reflection by Marcy Axness
- › Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book,... by Melanie Mayo
- › Why We Homeschool by Melanie Mayo
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo