Oh, Ash... I am so sorry you guys are going through this. This winter has taken a toll on everyone's immune systems, it seems! I'm glad to hear the hospital has been accommodating for you guys and that Bettie is at least in good spirits through it all. I hope you get some answers soon and get home to your other kiddos. You're in my thoughts...
My kids are just constantly coughing. It's that rattling sounding cough. Should I be worried about that? I haven't really worried so far. The rattling stops after they cough, at least for a while. So, it seems to me that they are at least able to break it up by coughing. DD1 just went through another bout of running a high fever for the last few days. She started Monday night and it finally broke Wednesday morning. I just wish winter would end or the weather would decide which season it is. We have days of 50-60 degree temps, quickly followed by 20s and below. It's insane. I have missed so much work since Christmas because either one of the kids is sick or I am. Last week is the only full week I have worked since before Christmas (the weeks before Christmas were also filled with sick kiddos and snow days).
Greta is doing well other than her cough. This child's feet grow so freaking fast! I swear, the moment we find a pair of shoes that fits, she grows out of them. I'm going to go broke buying her shoes. Of course her foot is shaped much different than DD1's, so most of her shoes won't stay on Greta's feet. She is currently wearing a pair of shoes that were DD1's, she wore them when she was 2.5 years old! Now, DD1 has always had pretty small feet compared to her peers, so I guess it's no surprise that Greta would be wearing bigger sizes than she did. Can you tell I've spent my morning shoe shopping??
We made an offer on a house last week that was rejected. Our house is still on the market and it just seems like no one wants to negotiate with us until ours is sold. This is the second offer that was rejected because of the contingency. The house we want has been up for sale for 1.5 years and no lookers in almost a year (my cousin is currently renting the house from the owners, so she is keeping us in the loop), so we're not too worried about it selling to someone else for the moment. We're just very anxious to sell this one now. DH is finally motivated to finish up the last couple of projects he's been working on, then we are going to lower the price and have an open house. Not sure if it will help, but it's really all we can do right now.